First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback 6M
Country flag
Cold start:

Temperature was around 10 degrees Celsius, a cool summer night for Newfoundland. It sounded pretty loud in person but not obnoxious.
Sponsored

Cf_fc1

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si sedan, 2017 EX Hatch
Country flag
Cold start:

Temperature was around 10 degrees Celsius, a cool summer night for Newfoundland. It sounded pretty loud in person but not obnoxious.
Thanks for all the info! Definitely looking into this for my wife’s hatch. Can you take an in car video of the drone you mentioned?

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Some details regarding pricing of ProDrager downpipe/frontpipe:
  • Downpipe Catless - 225 USD
  • Downpipe with Catalytic - 455 USD
  • Frontpipe - 155 USD
So to be catback it’d be $455? Or is it a catback kit in general?

JJJ

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
I will definitely get the weight of both exhausts and let you know!

The ProDrager kit does NOT come with the rear diffuser required for the conversion.. I purchased the type r replica diffuser and plan to install that while waiting for the exhaust to arrive.
where did you purchase your type r rear diffuser from?

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I'd also like to know which type R rear diffuser works best. I keep hearing fitment issues and would like to try and avoid issues if i shelling out $1000. Side note a few US companies have responded as well and admitted they don't think they'll be investing in the non sport hatch so really thai companies are now are only option. What i find as pure lunacy though is that some of these companies in the US already have thai product, so youd think bringing them to the US would have very minimal R&D costs.

nrchaytor

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So to be catback it’d be $455? Or is it a catback kit in general?
These prices are what ProDrager quoted for their downpipe/frontpipe.. these are seperate from the catback system and are not required.

I provided pricing details on the catback system earlier in the thread, check the first page!

Last edited:

nrchaytor

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'd also like to know which type R rear diffuser works best. I keep hearing fitment issues and would like to try and avoid issues if i shelling out $1000. Side note a few US companies have responded as well and admitted they don't think they'll be investing in the non sport hatch so really thai companies are now are only option. What i find as pure lunacy though is that some of these companies in the US already have thai product, so youd think bringing them to the US would have very minimal R&D costs.
Here's a link to the diffuser I have, install was fairly straightforward and it accommodates the ProDrager exhaust perfectly.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/192597011751

nrchaytor

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
UPDATE:

A little while back I ordered the PRL catted downpipe/frontpipe combo and I had it installed yesterday. Install took the shop around 3 hours and they said it was fairly straightforward.

The downpipe/frontpipe combined with the ProDrager exhaust makes the car sound very aggressive. It sounds noticeably louder than the catback alone and it pulls stronger as the +9psi Hondata tune is now able to operate more efficiently with the improved exhaust flow.. boost hits hard ;) (I suspect I should start saving for a new clutch)

The downpipe/catback may be too loud for some but I am quite pleased with how it sounds.

arthus

First Name
Arthus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic lx hatchback 2017
Country flag
UPDATE:

A little while back I ordered the PRL catted downpipe/frontpipe combo and I had it installed yesterday. Install took the shop around 3 hours and they said it was fairly straightforward.

The downpipe/frontpipe combined with the ProDrager exhaust makes the car sound very aggressive. It sounds noticeably louder than the catback alone and it pulls stronger as the +9psi Hondata tune is now able to operate more efficiently with the improved exhaust flow.. boost hits hard ;) (I suspect I should start saving for a new clutch)

The downpipe/catback may be too loud for some but I am quite pleased with how it sounds.
To order the exhaust did you just reach out to prodrager directly via Facebook? What was the shipping time like?

FK7 Civic Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
To order the exhaust did you just reach out to prodrager directly via Facebook? What was the shipping time like?
When I got mine, I contacted them on Instagram. Very quick shipping time, about 3 days from when they sent it out until it was on my doorstep.

Last edited:

nrchaytor

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Also contacted via Instagram and received mine within a week or so once it shipped. I had to wait a week or two for manufacturing beforehand.

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen ProDrager Exhaust for EX hatchback 70979_6211872931769745408_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ohc=YNQdt-ZJGAYAX-7elaM&_nc_ht=scontent.fkul10-1
Honda Civic 10th gen ProDrager Exhaust for EX hatchback 80979_8462779512516509696_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ohc=yl-mPGaMTXIAX_caMHJ&_nc_ht=scontent.fkul10-1
Honda Civic 10th gen ProDrager Exhaust for EX hatchback 65979_7802921705189408768_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ohc=9DkxR23vhoUAX81T4hF&_nc_ht=scontent.fkul10-1

Honda Civic 10th gen ProDrager Exhaust for EX hatchback 90979_6653839446078652416_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ohc=ypOA1seukKoAX9yLMWD&_nc_ht=scontent.fkul10-1

i got mine directly from NuN@prodrager visited his workshop, very nice guy. waited for a while for it to reach me but finally it arrived after abt 4 weeks wait as i had some custom job needed.

so far very happy with it but gonna add a silencer/resonator as it is pretty much a straight exhaust out all the way. they have many options for the muffler & the rear diffuser. titanium muffler sounds good ;) will dig some other videos if anyone wants to see/hear more.

he hardly replies on FB so if anyone needs help or translation i can help with it as i have direct contact with him & we do keep in touch.

i like it alot, diy'ed mine at 1 of my friends shop, the original heatshield top bolt is a PITA to remove & i did not bring enough tools with me on that day but managed to get it opened without much incident. soak it with pb blaster or wd40 & a handy tip use a extended metal pipe to help with some leverage cracking bolts open.

Last edited:

FK7 Civic Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
UPDATE:

Did you do another dBA check with the FP / DP installed? When I checked mine ( cat back only ) peak level was around 91 - 92 dBA which I think was the same level as yours. California has a 95 dBA max limit on exhausts, which if exceeded, can result in up to $1000 fine. Daily driving with mine hasn't attracted the attention of any LEO, but was curious how much louder the front pipe and down pipe would add. Pretty sure it would exceed the sound limit.

FK7 Civic Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
70979_6211872931769745408_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ohc=YNQdt-ZJGAYAX-7elaM&_nc_ht=scontent.fkul10-1.jpg
80979_8462779512516509696_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ohc=yl-mPGaMTXIAX_caMHJ&_nc_ht=scontent.fkul10-1.jpg
65979_7802921705189408768_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ohc=9DkxR23vhoUAX81T4hF&_nc_ht=scontent.fkul10-1.jpg

90979_6653839446078652416_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ohc=ypOA1seukKoAX9yLMWD&_nc_ht=scontent.fkul10-1.jpg

i got mine directly from NuN@prodrager visited his workshop, very nice guy. waited for a while for it to reach me but finally it arrived after abt 4 weeks wait as i had some custom job needed.

so far very happy with it but gonna add a silencer/resonator as it is pretty much a straight exhaust out all the way. they have many options for the muffler & the rear diffuser. titanium muffler sounds good ;) will dig some other videos if anyone wants to see/hear more.

he hardly replies on FB so if anyone needs help or translation i can help with it as i have direct contact with him & we do keep in touch.

i like it alot, diy'ed mine at 1 of my friends shop, the original heatshield top bolt is a PITA to remove & i did not bring enough tools with me on that day but managed to get it opened without much incident. soak it with pb blaster or wd40 & a handy tip use a extended metal pipe to help with some leverage cracking bolts open.
I like your carbon fiber diffuser, is that from ProDrager, and do you know if they make one for the hatchback?

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I like your carbon fiber diffuser, is that from ProDrager, and do you know if they make one for the hatchback?
can you post a pic of your car's butt ? hahaha

i think they do. they have CF & FRP. 3 different designs.
Sponsored