Procivic grill installers. Help.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
So I got the procivic mesh grill and I’m currently installing it right now. Putting the grill into the bumper right now and the bottom lines up perfectly. Prongs go in the holes and the corners of each side go in fine. The top of the grill where the little clips are will not go in any further. For the life of me it just won’t go in. Any tips?

Honda Civic 10th gen Procivic grill installers. Help. image
Sponsored

OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Finally got it on and all back together but a few things stand out. The gap fitment on aftermarket is still there. Lot of people have the gap problem with the grill. It’s in the very center. I also notice it seems to pull or have stressed the white trim piece directly above the grill. I hope this doesn’t get worse over time.

Another thing is the eyebrow fitment to the aftermarket grill is less than satisfactory in my opinion. I tried using the stock eye trim and the ones that come with the grill. Stock fits slightly better but the problem I feel is with the grill itself where the eyebrows snap into. Nothing will be as good as OEM but I feel this could be better. The grill looks great itself but the stuff bagging me about the gap and pulling the white trim piece over time and the eye brows not being 100% fitment secure bothers me. The pics I’m posting will show the gap and the shadow dent/stress pulls where the gap is.

So I got the procivic mesh grill and I’m currently installing it right now. Putting the grill into the bumper right now and the bottom lines up perfectly. Prongs go in the holes and the corners of each side go in fine. The top of the grill where the little clips are will not go in any further. For the life of me it just won’t go in. Any tips?

image.jpg
Honda Civic 10th gen Procivic grill installers. Help. FDE0DAC3-50ED-4771-A479-985DC2D6D5FB

Honda Civic 10th gen Procivic grill installers. Help. 268890A1-A490-4D84-BD89-B0DB80197072

Honda Civic 10th gen Procivic grill installers. Help. 7A36A91E-F3EA-462D-A185-D741B06F99A4

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
i had the same issue with mine unfortunately. luckily they were good about getting me a refund. i think there is a design flaw on this grille.

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can you explain what you did and how it made it better?
Haha I see you've been trying to avoid this common issue, let me know what you find out bro. Check this too: https://www.civicx.com/threads/front-grille-coming-apart.3495/page-20
Guys, check out the link in my signature, or go there by follow this url:-
https://www.civicx.com/threads/front-grille-coming-apart.3495/page-20#post-625234

Basically you need to make sure that those tiny tabs in the grill have a grip with the retaining tabs in the bumper. You can do so by slightly heat them up and get it bent with an angle, but make sure that you have something to insulate top bumper piece.

Another way to do it is applying epoxy to each tabs by using the duct tape to make sure that all tabs are snap in before the epoxy sets.

Finally, you have to reinforce those 3 vertical beams in the bumper, and I did so by using metal L brackets with an angle so that those 3 beams won't get weaken over time. Honda knows it, so they make the center beam bulkier with more materials.

Honda Civic 10th gen Procivic grill installers. Help. A329268F-39C5-4BAD-918F-646AE3920518

Last edited:

jacobzl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I had the same issue installing mine, i dunno i guess i could shave down the retaining area on the bumper to fit the clips better but it just seems like the grille almost doesn’t have enough structural rigidity to sit as flat as OEM

AlphaMoose67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Civic LX
Country flag
Join the club.

In ProCivics defense (kinda) this is also a problem on some factory civics also(although it wasn’t present on mine or several other people’s) It’s a design flaw on Honda’s part.

If I ever have the inclination to take the bumper off again (I don’t) I might try to McGuyver it like the above posters.

Honda Civic 10th gen Procivic grill installers. Help. D4088F06-0000-4B26-80B4-E5477C42C07D

View attachment 181229

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Garlow1979

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Epoxy those clips down from the inside, use two zip ties to hold grille in place. Remove zip ties when epoxy is dry.

ZacharyMay

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport
Country flag
I’m one of those lucky owners who’s stock grill is already like this.
Sponsored