1.5T PRL stage 1 intake + ktuner + turbo blanket

kluo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback, 2014 Subaru Impreza, 2005 Subaru Legacy GT
Country flag
Over the weekend I installed the stage 1 intake and a turbo blanket. The car did have to relearn for some reason (the cluster lit up like a christmas tree and went away after a couple miles of driving). The car feels good and IAT temps stayed relatively low. The AFR at a stop would be at high 12s then climb to 13 to 14 and fluctuate right between 14 and 15 (to my understanding that is stoich) is that right or do i have a leak somewhere? I checked the STFT and it stayed within the allowed bounds but once in a while i notice a short flash of -20 or something.
Sponsored

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Over the weekend I installed the stage 1 intake and a turbo blanket. The car did have to relearn for some reason (the cluster lit up like a christmas tree and went away after a couple miles of driving). The car feels good and IAT temps stayed relatively low. The AFR at a stop would be at high 12s then climb to 13 to 14 and fluctuate right between 14 and 15 (to my understanding that is stoich) is that right or do i have a leak somewhere? I checked the STFT and it stayed within the allowed bounds but once in a while i notice a short flash of -20 or something.
Sounds like things are fine. 14.6 is stoic and what the ECU should be commanding when just cruising under low load and boost. It'll drop into the 12s and probably 11s when under high load and boost. Keep an eye on your LTFT the next few days as that will be a simpler indicator of any leaks than the STFT since that varies widely during driving.

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
Is the stage 1 kit worth getting? Are you at least getting a bit more intake sound from it or just freer flowing?

OP
OP

kluo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback, 2014 Subaru Impreza, 2005 Subaru Legacy GT
Country flag
Is the stage 1 kit worth getting? Are you at least getting a bit more intake sound from it or just freer flowing?
I think the stage 1 kit is worth it. its super easy to install. You get some intake sound but not a lot. i havent tried pushing it too much because i broke 2 bolts installing the turbo blanket but i'm sure it sounds more or less like the mishimoto
Sponsored