PRL SRI cobra intake sound

melecioSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hey everyone, just installed my PRL cobra short ram intake and i'm loving the whooshing sounds! But just one thing, Iv'e noticed it is not as loud as some of the videos I have heard from on youtube. Just wanted to ask for those of you who have it installed, how loud is it for you? Mine is very loud with my hood open but once it's closed, my music has to be turned down almost all the way for me to really here that hiss. My car is a 10th gen Si, bone stock. The videos I have seen are people running Ktuner, or hondata on them, would that affect the loudness? Thoughts?
Sponsored

Last edited:

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
The CAI is nice and loud. Are the videos of the CAI or SRI

OP
OP

melecioSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I’ll see if I can post a video of mine. But like I said I have to turn down my volume all the way down to even hear it, and even then it’s not that loud. Just want to hear opinions in case mine was defected, or if I might have installed it wrong.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Mine is very quiet, unless the windows are open and I'm building a lot of boost.

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
I’ll see if I can post a video of mine. But like I said I have to turn down my volume all the way down to even hear it, and even then it’s not that loud. Just want to hear opinions in case mine was defected, or if I might have installed it wrong.

I can feel and hear my boost with a PRL CAI, its WAY louder then i expected.

Sri- idk?

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
You'd have to try pretty hard to install an SRI incorrectly

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The SRI is louder than the CAI. I thought the SRI was too loud really. You have to get into the boost though. I mean, presumably you are, but you have to do some hard acceleration to hear it.

USPmatch

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
I also thought the SRI was too loud . It was cool at first and then it lost its appeal.

foehammerone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I have the Mishimoto SRI. There's a nice intake growl when stepping on the gas, but it's not too loud. You can't really hear the turbo unless you're hard on the boost, or if the windows are down, and it's not really loud at all. I'm running Ktuner 19/23 and otherwise stock.
Sponsored