PRL SRI Air Filter

grumpyguy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does anyone know what kind/size air filter cone I can put on a PRL SRI?

@PRL Motorsports a direct answer from you would be really appreciated!
Sponsored

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Does anyone know what kind/size air filter cone I can put on a PRL SRI?

@PRL Motorsports a direct answer from you would be really appreciated!
We use a 4 inch inlet for our SRI and Cobra cone filters, thanks for inquiring! :)

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They list the dimensions here: https://prlmotorsports.com/prlmotorsports4inletoiledconefilter.aspx#.W8ibm3tKhaQ

I actually just switched to a dry filter. I tried an AEM that ended up being too tall. I found aFe p/n 21-40505 that is the correct dimensions. aFe actually has a cool thing on their site where you can input the dimensions you need and it will give you the part number. That is super helpful. Of course you can clean and re-oil, but I wanted to try running a dry filter. I am just thinking maybe that is why you are asking too.

OP
OP
grumpyguy6

grumpyguy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They list the dimensions here: https://prlmotorsports.com/prlmotorsports4inletoiledconefilter.aspx#.W8ibm3tKhaQ

I actually just switched to a dry filter. I tried an AEM that ended up being too tall. I found aFe p/n 21-40505 that is the correct dimensions. aFe actually has a cool thing on their site where you can input the dimensions you need and it will give you the part number. That is super helpful. Of course you can clean and re-oil, but I wanted to try running a dry filter. I am just thinking maybe that is why you are asking too.
That’s great information! Thank you! The reason I’m asking is because I just got the MAF from someone on here, and ordered the short ram conversion kit from PRL, but couldn’t figure out what filter to buy so I had a complete SRI. And yours works well using a dry filter? Because I’d rather do that then have to mess with an oiled one.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That’s great information! Thank you! The reason I’m asking is because I just got the MAF from someone on here, and ordered the short ram conversion kit from PRL, but couldn’t figure out what filter to buy so I had a complete SRI. And yours works well using a dry filter? Because I’d rather do that then have to mess with an oiled one.
So far so good. I've had it installed for less than a month total, but the fitment is spot on.

OP
OP
grumpyguy6

grumpyguy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@WOPSiWOT
Do you happen to have a link to the filter you ended up with? The more I look, the more unsure I am of what filter to get. I want to get one that fits.

*EDIT*
According to your garage, your running a non-PRL CAI....?

Last edited:

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was wondering why your converting your cold air to short ram? Your hurting your IATs doing so

OP
OP
grumpyguy6

grumpyguy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was wondering why your converting your cold air to short ram? Your hurting your IATs doing so
I never had a CAI to begin with, right now my intake is completely stock. I bought a PRL MAF from a forum member. I then bought the SRI "conversion" so that I had the pieces I needed to connect the MAF to the rest of the car. Now I just need to buy the air filter.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@WOPSiWOT
Do you happen to have a link to the filter you ended up with? The more I look, the more unsure I am of what filter to get. I want to get one that fits.
It is this one: https://afepower.com/afe-power-21-40505-magnum-flow-pro-dry-s-air-filter

If you search around you might find it a bit cheaper. I got it on eBay, not from this seller, but if you search around you can find it in the $55 range from a number of retailers (Summit Racing etc.): https://www.ebay.com/itm/aFe-Power-...4924?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c1#viTabs_0

I guess also make sure you have all the pieces you need. If you have the MAF and the PRL conversion kit you will still need the silicone hose that runs from the MAF to the air inlet above the turbo. The SRI conversion kit is basically just a bracket that holds the MAF in place, but it doesn't include the silicone hose. I'm sure PRL would sell one to you if you called them, but you can't buy it al la carte from their website.

OP
OP
grumpyguy6

grumpyguy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It is this one: https://afepower.com/afe-power-21-40505-magnum-flow-pro-dry-s-air-filter

If you search around you might find it a bit cheaper. I got it on eBay, not from this seller, but if you search around you can find it in the $55 range from a number of retailers (Summit Racing etc.): https://www.ebay.com/itm/aFe-Power-...4924?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c1#viTabs_0

I guess also make sure you have all the pieces you need. If you have the MAF and the PRL conversion kit you will still need the silicone hose that runs from the MAF to the air inlet above the turbo. The SRI conversion kit is basically just a bracket that holds the MAF in place, but it doesn't include the silicone hose. I'm sure PRL would sell one to you if you called them, but you can't buy it al la carte from their website.
Wow! OK, I didn't realize. This is the MAF that's coming:
Honda Civic 10th gen PRL SRI Air Filter MAF

And then I ordered this from PRL:
https://prlmotorsports.com/civicxcoldairtoshortram-1-1-1.aspx

I know I still need to buy a filter, but you're saying I'll still need an additional piece of tubing?

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
MAF.jpeg

I know I still need to buy a filter, but you're saying I'll still need an additional piece of tubing?
Is that an SI street maf or race? Hust wondering is all since you don’t to buy a non SI maf lol. Also the maf part is just the anodized housing like the metal part only. Should also look like this once you get all the parts together.

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL SRI Air Filter 2963FDDD-8A96-4804-AECF-2210933171B0

OP
OP
grumpyguy6

grumpyguy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is that an SI street maf or race? Hust wondering is all since you don’t to buy a non SI maf lol. Also the maf part is just the anodized housing like the metal part only. Should also look like this once you get all the parts together.
Not really sure what you're saying? It is the street MAF for the Si. The guy I bought it from upgraded to a race MAF and sold me his street MAF since he didn't need it anymore.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not really sure what you're saying? It is the street MAF for the Si. The guy I bought it from upgraded to a race MAF and sold me his street MAF since he didn't need it anymore.
Yeah I would use PRL’s filter lol since they do use it for a reason to achieve their #’s. They will sell you the correct filter and size if you email them

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I would use PRL’s filter lol since they do use it for a reason to achieve their #’s. They will sell you the correct filter and size if you email them
I mean, it is a re-branded Green Filter, which is fine, but not sure it is magic. That is also the one I would order if you want to run an oiled filter. The aFe dry filter I mentioned does fit and is the one I am running currently. I've run it with both the PRL SRI and PRL CAI setup. It fits both applications.

Last edited:

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
MAF.jpeg

That hose in the picture is what I am talking about. If you have that hose piece then you are fine. I was just saying that if you just had the MAF (the black anodized aluminum piece) and the bracket (the link you included) then you would still need the hose. If you have everything that is in the picture then you have everything you need.
Sponsored