Si PRL Motorsports Type-R Turbo Swapped 1.5T Civic Si

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
@PRL Motorsports when you find the fuel limitation. I wouldn't be opposed to a fuel pump upgrade or a methanol kit

I'm hopoing you guys do a whole package! Big turbo kit, internals, and a clutch.
The kit will not include a clutch kit sadly. You could purchase one separate though, I’m sure from them or another vendor.
Sponsored

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The kit will not include a clutch kit sadly. You could purchase one separate though, I’m sure from them or another vendor.
How do you know that they couldn't include it? TBH, their past turbo kits included having the options to add on things to the kit so it's possible.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I believe they mentioned that it wouldn't include a clutch, but possibly could be added on the kit for a discount.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
@PRL Motorsports when you find the fuel limitation. I wouldn't be opposed to a fuel pump upgrade or a methanol kit

I'm hopoing you guys do a whole package! Big turbo kit, internals, and a clutch.
How do you know that they couldn't include it? TBH, their past turbo kits included having the options to add on things to the kit so it's possible.
I believe they mentioned that it wouldn't include a clutch, but possibly could be added on the kit for a discount.
Our kit will most-likely follow suit with the rest of our kits and be an all-inclusive, no "hacking" required turbo kit that includes everything needed to install. Supporting mods (clutch kit, fuel system upgrades, etc), however, will not be included with the kit. These supporting mods will be listed as discounted drop-down options because some people may already have a clutch, motor mounts, etc. With that being said, we currently have Clutch Masters clutches on our site and will be following suit with other brands as they become available.

Engine interals will also be available on our site shortly.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Our kit will most-likely follow suit with the rest of our kits and be an all-inclusive, no "hacking" required turbo kit that includes everything needed to install. Supporting mods (clutch kit, fuel system upgrades, etc), however, will not be included with the kit. These supporting mods will be listed as discounted drop-down options because some people may already have a clutch, motor mounts, etc. With that being said, we currently have Clutch Masters clutches on our site and will be following suit with other brands as they become available.

Do you anticipate that this kit would be compatible with your current FMIC and DP/FP offerings? Or will different ones be required?

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Do you anticipate that this kit would be compatible with your current FMIC and DP/FP offerings? Or will different ones be required?
We had a thread kicking around with minor details about the kit but now it’s gone, but it’s on the down low for right now. Their current FMIC, DP/FP will be compatible with the kit if I recall correctly.
*edit* everything but the downpipe, lol silly me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
We had a thread kicking around with minor details about the kit but now it’s gone, but it’s on the down low for right now. Their current FMIC, DP/FP will be compatible with the kit if I recall correctly.
We will include a specific hotside charge pipe to ensure that our turbo kit is compatible with our FMIC kit. Our turbo kit will definitely not be compatible with any current downpipes on the market due to turbine housing change. This kit will include a specific downpipe made for our kit that will most-likely mate to the factory front pipe connection.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
We will include a specific hotside charge pipe to ensure that our turbo kit is compatible with our FMIC kit. Our turbo kit will definitely not be compatible with any current downpipes on the market due to turbine housing change. This kit will include a specific downpipe made for our kit that will most-likely mate to the factory front pipe connection.
Do you foresee it being beneficial to purchase the PRL 3 inch front pipe with this setup, or would the factory front pipe yield the same power?

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Our kit will most-likely follow suit with the rest of our kits and be an all-inclusive, no "hacking" required turbo kit that includes everything needed to install.

Would these soon to come engine internals be something recommended for a fully bolted and stage 1 tuned si or more so only for those after big turbo power?

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do you foresee it being beneficial to purchase the PRL 3 inch front pipe with this setup, or would the factory front pipe yield the same power?
A 3" front pipe will definitely be beneficial with a big turbo kit. We will try to psot numbers when we get there.

Would these soon to come engine internals be something recommended for a fully bolted and stage 1 tuned si or more so only for those after big turbo power?
It's hard to say. The factory turbo is capable of quite a bottom-end torque punch, which is hard on internals. However, making 3-400 hp will also be stressful as well. Though, we haven't seen too many (or any firsthand) failures from a full-bolt-on stock turbo car.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So we managed to make some hits on the dyno today and make some impressive numbers with both pump gas and ethanol on the dyno with the help from @KTuner and @VitViper. We will be posting numbers and data in the morning. Does anyone have any guesses on what kind of numbers she made?

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So we managed to make some hits on the dyno today and make some impressive numbers with both pump gas and ethanol on the dyno with the help from @KTuner and @VitViper. We will be posting numbers and data in the morning. Does anyone have any guesses on what kind of numbers she made?
Maybe 340 whp and 390wtq on pump and 360whp and 410wtq on ethanol lol

FKSE7EN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 HatchBack Sport 6MT
Country flag
310whp/325wtq on gas and 325whp/340wtq on corn

Last edited:

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads