ZanMan

First Name
Zander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
how are the fumes on non catted version compared to the catted version. Wife is very sensitive to fumes! How about the sound of the 2 options?

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
how are the fumes on non catted version compared to the catted version. Wife is very sensitive to fumes! How about the sound of the 2 options?
You may experience a hint of fumes when you come to a stop after driving aggressively or for an extended period of time. This usually isn't noticeable for longer than a couple of seconds! If your wife is sensitive we would advise going with the street version (happy wife happy life). The street version will also be a slightly muffled sound as there is a restriction there and it will lessen sound a little, yet still remain louder compared to stock.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
The fumes for our catless downpipe are hardly noticeable, catted version has no issues with smell at all. Our straight pipe option is much louder and adds an aggressive sound to your exhaust as to where the catted version is much quieter but a bit louder over the stock set up.

Labeller19

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Who did change the Downpipe gasket? For the People who kept the stock gasket, did you had any leak? Long story short, i ordered the gasket and i just realized it not the good one... i’ll try to have it by friday but if i cant im gonna use the oem one. I dont have a garage and i have acess to one friday only... help please

wassen

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Website
200sx.kicks-ass.net
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2017, Volvo V70
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Who did change the Downpipe gasket? For the People who kept the stock gasket, did you had any leak? Long story short, i ordered the gasket and i just realized it not the good one... i’ll try to have it by friday but if i cant im gonna use the oem one. I dont have a garage and i have acess to one friday only... help please
I used the old one, no problem!

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Did you try the parts department at one of the Honda dealerships near you? They may have on in stock, thats if you want a new oem gasket.

VTECnR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Civic Type R
Country flag
It's a triple copper gasket. Reusing it should be fine... mine was.

NotoriousCTR

First Name
D.W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Thinking about getting the V2 catted Downpipe and the Front Pipe. I am not planing to get tuned anytime soon (ktuner or Hondata). How likely is it to throw the code if I were to directly plug in the O2 sensor instead of using the defouler?

wassen

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Website
200sx.kicks-ass.net
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2017, Volvo V70
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thinking about getting the V2 catted Downpipe and the Front Pipe. I am not planing to get tuned anytime soon (ktuner or Hondata). How likely is it to throw the code if I were to directly plug in the O2 sensor instead of using the defouler?
I ran for about 4 months before throwing a code. Just OBD reset and keep going =)

Bumflik

First Name
Kinte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Wrangler . Sienna . Civic Type R FK8 '17
Country flag
I ran for about 4 months before throwing a code. Just OBD reset and keep going =)
after 6 months the dreded P0420 popped on. NO biggie, just used ktuner to clear it , say bye bye