bouford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 AP1/18 FK8/19 CV2
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
even with the o2 extension and getting rid og the defouler, you would still get a code without ktuner, right? i really want to get the rv6 catless dp but i have no intention to get any ktuner/hondata, so i am scared that the code will come on...
you should be ok, my firend has still has no cel without the PRL 90 and USR premium defouler straight into dp (with no hondata or ktuner).
Sponsored

Last edited:

bouford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 AP1/18 FK8/19 CV2
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll second that. I'm loving the sound from my catted DP + FP, stock catback. It's darn near perfect - sporty but not too loud, for me at least.

TSAC-R

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I did this a couple of weeks ago. I can't speak to exact miles I have driven since bolting the o2 sensor directly to the PRL downpipe, But I have not thrown a code yet. Hopefully this is the fix, but we will see
jpmelfi - did this solve your issue with the P2270 code? I also have a catted PRL downpipe with the 90 degree elbow installed on the secondary sensor and it's constantly throwing an error code.

jpmelfi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #706, 07 S2k
Country flag
jpmelfi - did this solve your issue with the P2270 code? I also have a catted PRL downpipe with the 90 degree elbow installed on the secondary sensor and it's constantly throwing an error code.
So I was good for awhile, but now I throw a P0420 like every 50 miles. So yes it solved the P2270, but now have another code to battle. God thing about the P0420 code, is that is can be turned off with a tuning solution like ktuner or hondata. I just don't have either yet. Because I have the extension, I will be able to try smaller straight defoulers, so that is my next course of action.

therealdarkknight

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I was good for awhile, but now I throw a P0420 like every 50 miles. So yes it solved the P2270, but now have another code to battle. God thing about the P0420 code, is that is can be turned off with a tuning solution like ktuner or hondata. I just don't have either yet. Because I have the extension, I will be able to try smaller straight defoulers, so that is my next course of action.
I was good for about 50 miles as well after removing the 90 degree elbow before I started throwing p0140. I got the extension from Obd innovations so I’m hoping it could just be a bad O2 sensor. I ordered a new one that will be here Friday and will update from there.

bouford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 AP1/18 FK8/19 CV2
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
fyi, we have eliminated all CELs on a PRL V1 DP without ktuner or hondata, using the following:
extension harness
deleted PRL 90
USR premium defouler

gl guys!

TSAC-R

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
fyi, we have eliminated all CELs on a PRL V1 DP without ktuner or hondata, using the following:
extension harness
deleted PRL 90
USR premium defouler

gl guys!
Thanks!! I'm going to give that a try. Do you have to remove the downpipe to remove the secondary 02 sensor?

bouford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 AP1/18 FK8/19 CV2
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Thanks!! I'm going to give that a try. Do you have to remove the downpipe to remove the secondary 02 sensor?
DP stayed in place as we were lucky enough to back out the 90 a bit and cut it out along the threads to remove it.

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
What is the difference between the race downpipe and street downpipe?

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
What is the difference between the race downpipe and street downpipe?
The street version of the downpipe has a 300CEL high flow catalytic converter, and the race version down pipe will be just a straight pipe, thanks for inquiring!

Perrin67_97

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
The street version of the downpipe has a 300CEL high flow catalytic converter, and the race version down pipe will be just a straight pipe, thanks for inquiring!
Is the cel taken care of on the catted version? Even with hondata?
Sponsored