Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
As some of you may have already seen, we recently leaked a few renderings of our Turbo Inlet Pipe Kit for the 2016+ Honda Civic 1.5T platform. Our team is ready to shine some insight in regards to what we’ve been up to, why we’ve “taken so long,” and why we’ve kept things under wraps.

Since the very beginning of our R&D on the 1.5L Turbo Civic chassis our focus has been to offer products that increase efficiency on Honda’s already notably efficient L15B7. One of the components we have been discussing how to feasibly upgrade, manufacture and bring to market over the years has been the tiny and ugly factory plastic turbocharger inlet pipe. Upgrading the factory inlet pipe will increase airflow before the turbocharger, allowing the turbocharger operate more efficiently. However, this project has given us quite a few obstacles to overcome.

The factory inlet pipe’s design is a rather complex unit. Honda’s injection molded piece utilizes a built-in bypass valve (BPV), vacuum, charge air (compressor outlet) and evap ports. All of these features paired with tight routing and unique profile of the inlet pipe has faced us with an engineering nightmare. Could we design a desirable prototype in our CAD software? Sure, but the real difficulty in manufacturing, though, is transforming an idea or design into a functioning and affordable reality. Our design team has been working together behind the scenes, implementing new technology, tools and manufacturing methods that we’ve acquired along the way in an effort to bring an aesthetically pleasing, affordable and high-performing turbo inlet pipe kit to market.

We are still making a few minor revisions to our concept before moving forward with a prototype piece for testing, but we are happy with what we’ve come up with and are happy to share our progress with the 10th Gen Civic community. Much more data including dimensions, comparisons and material(s) will be released shortly. Stay tuned!

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Turbo Inlet Pipe Development 1_zpszlnvgvht

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Turbo Inlet Pipe Development 4_zpsketsx6vo

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Turbo Inlet Pipe Development 3_zpscfuov7m3

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Turbo Inlet Pipe Development 2_zpsf93dmz8f

Basic Tech Information:

The Civic Si and Non-Si models utilize two slightly different inlet pipes. However, despite common misconception, the difference between the two in terms of flow and performance is very minor. Both pipes feature similar cross sections. – Please note that our Turbo Inlet Pipe will fit both Si and Non-Si models with stock and/or stock location, drop-in upgrade turbochargers.

Last edited:

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Waiting "impatiently" for preorder :) lol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Whats the price range of this?

whoisJSR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.avgntrials.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Just found out about this today. I'm hoping the preorders are big enough to satisfy demand; as the first to market (AFAIK) I imagine there will be a line hundreds deep to nab this thing. Especially if there's a tangible gain in horsepower, torque, and/or an improvement in turbo performance.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just found out about this today. I'm hoping the preorders are big enough to satisfy demand; as the first to market (AFAIK) I imagine there will be a line hundreds deep to nab this thing. Especially if there's a tangible gain in horsepower, torque, and/or an improvement in turbo performance.
As of the end of next week, all pre-orders should be fulfilled with positive inventory. :)

whoisJSR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.avgntrials.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
As of the end of next week, all pre-orders should be fulfilled with positive inventory. :)
Oooh! So the pre-orders will have already gone out, and I'll be able to purchase one directly from you guys?

I don't want to miss out! What's the best way to buy one?

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oooh! So the pre-orders will have already gone out, and I'll be able to purchase one directly from you guys?

I don't want to miss out! What's the best way to buy one?
Not exactly haha. We're about halfway through the pre-orders, but they will be taken care of next week. We have enough material here to fulfill roughly twice the amount of pre-orders received, we just have been treating (QCing, media-blasting, packing, etc) in smaller batches to ensure that nothing is overlooked.

Yes, this can be purchased through us or any PRL Motorsports vendor. The ETA will be the same from any source unless you find a vendor who may have stocked up.

whoisJSR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.avgntrials.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Aww man! I went to the website and I can't find it. Is there a link to a purchase place? Vendor, store, seller, etc?

TL;DR I want this and I'll buy it as soon as I find a way to.

whoisJSR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.avgntrials.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The link sends me to a Type R inlet. Isn't there one you guys were making for an Si (or any 1.5T)?

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The link sends me to a Type R inlet. Isn't there one you guys were making for an Si (or any 1.5T)?
Ahhh, my apologies, wrong thread! Haha, yes, we are in development. This has not yet been released. We will update once we are ready to bring to market.

whoisJSR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.avgntrials.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag