First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport, 2007 Odyssey, 2003 Accord EX-V6
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No difference in sound on the intake side. I took short videos of the intake at 3500 RPM, and I can't tell a difference in the sound.
I don't have hard data on the performance improvement. So, I can't really address that. I will run some logs this week and see if there is any differences from prior to install. The car felt like it responded better, but I can't tell if that was psychological or not.

bmbpenguin

Brian
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here is the YouTube videos for intake. Let me know your thoughts.
Stock:
PRL Hose and Filter:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Does this silicone intake tube honestly add anything performance-wise or is it just cosmetic? My understanding is that the reason OEM intake tubes are corrugated is to allow for engine flex. Also, if I used this and an Afe dry filter would there be a difference in throttle response?

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Does this silicone intake tube honestly add anything performance-wise or is it just cosmetic? My understanding is that the reason OEM intake tubes are corrugated is to allow for engine flex. Also, if I used this and an Afe dry filter would there be a difference in throttle response?
I have this with the AFE dry flow and there is a definite difference in sound and a slight bump in performance, PRL says 4-9 peak HP

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
The reasoning behind the corrugating is correct. For assembly line production the factory corrugated hose gets the job done, as does the factory air filter. However, that's where aftermarket companies come along trying to milk every last drop of power there is out of what the factory has given us.

Honestly we originally intended the hose to be more of a cosmetic mod that offers a bit smoother and less-restrictive air flow. After seeing the lack of promising results from other intakes on the market at the time, we were shocked to see that such a simple and cheap modification made such a gain. It is nothing new to see a drop-in high-flow air filter pick up notable gains when comparing to stock. With that being said, are the bulk of the gains from the hose? Probably not; we did not test the hose and air filter separately. We wanted to give buyers the option to have performance and/or improve aesthetics at the same time. Both the filter and hose are available individually or packaged together in "Stage 1" form.

I have this with the AFE dry flow and there is a definite difference in sound and a slight bump in performance, PRL says 4-9 peak HP
We've had quite a few people tell us the same! :thumbsup:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just bought an Afe filter and was going to buy the PRL hose but the nearly $50 (with shipping) price has me hesitating. Do you guys ever offer discounts to CivicX forum members?

GreyCivicX

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I just bought an Afe filter and was going to buy the PRL hose but the nearly $50 (with shipping) price has me hesitating. Do you guys ever offer discounts to CivicX forum members?
Forum discount code for them is civicx

bmbpenguin

Brian
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought mine together, mainly out of convenience. Bought the tube for aesthetics. Was surprised with the outcome. I don't have a logger to quantify the benefits, but it feels peppier and the SI testing that they've done bears that out with a few HP improvement.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I tried the civicx discount code and it gave me nothing off at all.
Sponsored