PRL Motorsports Project Snow White

Gerothius777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #318, 2017 Odyssey EX-L RES
Country flag
Only a matter of time before that engine goes boom with those power ratings on stock internals. Hondata has already confirmed with a +9 psi tune that you'll eventually get destroyed rods sooner then later just a FYI. Amazing gains for sure but, just use common sense before you guys get power hungry. Build it right or blow it up. It's that simple.
Hondata confirmed the clutch for 9 PSI on the SI over time and abuse and the CVT for high torque.

Where is this other confirmation?
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Only a matter of time before that engine goes boom with those power ratings on stock internals. Hondata has already confirmed with a +9 psi tune that you'll eventually get destroyed rods sooner then later just a FYI. Amazing gains for sure but, just use common sense before you guys get power hungry. Build it right or blow it up. It's that simple.
Really? Where did Hondata confirm this? Link please. AS others said, PRL know what they are doing and if someone is going to blow something up, Id rather it be their shop car rather than a customer car. Also, PRL are developing aftermarket internals kit for the car for when they go BIG power. This is just the beginning for them

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Only person that "showed" people that the rods are bending is that one guy from overseas. I believe he was from Taiwan or China. I don't believe hondata, prl, or even vit has mentioned anything about rods bending.

I've only seen a mention of a clutch for a MT and not going over 250 torque down low on CVT or something.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
We have not had any issues thus far, the car is daily driven by some of our employees/ owner/ owners wife and its on the 93' vit map. None of the people mentioned who drive the car take it easy either by any means! We hammer our test cars!

TheRealWizzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe / 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Country flag
We have not had any issues thus far, the car is daily driven by some of our employees/ owner/ owners wife and its on the 93' vit map. None of the people mentioned who drive the car take it easy either by any means! We hammer our test cars!
“Abused daily” i like the sounds of that lol

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
How much approx would you say that puts down?

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Any chance you guys will make an exhaust for the si. My car is really lacking in the sound department, im sure the CAI will help little while I wait for a decent exhaust to come out.
I think they proved it on their dyno that an exhaust is not needed at this point.
We most-likely will not be doing an exhaust system. Had we seen any gains, we considered doing one. However, we will leave this one up to exhaust system companies.

Will the Stage 1 work with my Hondata FlashPro +9psi without any issues? I have an SI if that helps
yes. And once the stage 2 comes out, it too will work (not need a custom tune) unless you choose the Race MAF, at which point you will need a custom tune to account for the increase in airflow over the MAF sensor.
Correct, the Stage 1 and Street MAF in our CAI will not require a tune, meaning OTS maps will work perfectly fine.

We are waiting for the rods to fly out or something to happen internally, it's bound to happen sooner or later during the quest for power. At what power level? That is unknown. We are trying to find these answers for the 1.5T community to avoid causing any unwanted engine failures in the future for customers. At this time, though, we have been putting our car through more abuse than most customers ever will and this little motor keeps on taking it. Typically we begin to see engine failure around 400 ft/lbs tq, though the 1.5T may experience failure sooner due to interal component-size like its tiny rod bolts. We will find out! In the meantime we have upgraded internals in the making.

How much approx would you say that puts down?

280 whp and 335+ ft/lbs tq!

FBO%20Civic%20X%20E30%20Catless_zpspwypjccn.jpg

FBO%20Civic%20X%20E30%20Catless%20v%20Stock_zpscmmqcmmb.jpg

Scarlet

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic LX Sedan - 1998 Civic Hatch - TBD Turbo Something - 2014 Honda Ruckus - 2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We had some time to really start pushing things with @KTuner today on our shop Si and were very pleased with the results. Denis worked his magic with the help of @VitViper and managed to get some consistent 255 whp and 315 ft/lb tq (later we managed to squeeze out some 265 whp and 324 tq) runs on e25 blend fuel through our catted downpipe. Not too shabby for a 1.5L and thumb sized turbine! We expect to see higher numbers on with a catless downpipe, higher octane fuel and more time getting used to this platform.

Mods: PRL catted DP/FP combo, PRL FMIC, PRL Cobra CA I and E25 blend fuel.

The exhaust is dropped on this video because we wanted to see if the stock exhaust was a restriction and saw 0 gains.

I might be completely off here, but with your statement regarding the dropped exhaust for the run to compare to OEM, you saw zero gains when off vs on, does this mean that any and all catback systems to yet hit the market won't make any difference on the performance end?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I might be completely off here, but with your statement regarding the dropped exhaust for the run to compare to OEM, you saw zero gains when off vs on, does this mean that any and all catback systems to yet hit the market won't make any difference on the performance end?
that sounds correct. It would basically be for aesthetics/noise purposes.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah it is looking that is exactly what it means. Everyone might hate the muffler layout and USB charger exhaust, but it works!

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That would be correct. At least not at sub 280 whp levels...

Mogadee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Mazdaspeed 3, '17 WOP Si Sedan
Country flag
Yeah it is looking that is exactly what it means. Everyone might hate the muffler layout and USB charger exhaust, but it works!
I prefer to call it my oversized HDMI.