PRL Motorsports FK8 Civic Type-R Stage 1 Intake System

pivit90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 17, RS 16, Evo X 15
Country flag
I already have my order placed for my eventuri intake, you just need to remove the supplied hose from them and the stock plastic one and good to go

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Good morning!

I apologize for being so slow to edit the video, but it's almost done. I'm trying to make it as short as I can while not cutting out the most important bits - like a long-cut from the engine area to the dyno screen. I just need to add a bit of music to some of the dull spots and it will be ready to share. Some of you have seen the results on the PRL Facebook page or the IMW IG... long story short, yes there were gains on the stock tune and significantly bigger gains on the KTuner Stage 1 tune.

Overall, the car was down on power relative to the last (first) time I dyno'd it after getting flashed but we (@D-RobIMW ) attributed it to higher ambient air temperature and summer vs winter fuel. For example, the Stage 1 tune made 339hp when I initially ran the car on the dyno. On this day, the same tune (+ 25°F ambient) made 319hp peak.

The PRL stage 1 intake is on sale as a pre-order at this point for about another 8-10 days I believe. This is not a sponsored post or video but I do sell them through my website! :)

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Good morning!

I apologize for being so slow to edit the video, but it's almost done. I'm trying to make it as short as I can while not cutting out the most important bits - like a long-cut from the engine area to the dyno screen. I just need to add a bit of music to some of the dull spots and it will be ready to share. Some of you have seen the results on the PRL Facebook page or the IMW IG... long story short, yes there were gains on the stock tune and significantly bigger gains on the KTuner Stage 1 tune.

Overall, the car was down on power relative to the last (first) time I dyno'd it after getting flashed but we (@D-RobIMW ) attributed it to higher ambient air temperature and summer vs winter fuel. For example, the Stage 1 tune made 339hp when I initially ran the car on the dyno. On this day, the same tune (+ 25°F ambient) made 319hp peak.

The PRL stage 1 intake is on sale as a pre-order at this point for about another 8-10 days I believe. This is not a sponsored post or video but I do sell them through my website! :)
Can you tell us what the gain was over KTuner Stage 1 basemap? Getting the intake plus a few other goodies installed by PRL in a few weeks and want to know what I should expect. Thanks.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can you tell us what the gain was over stock + KTuner Stage 1 basemap? Getting the intake plus a few other goodies installed by PRL in a few weeks and want to know what I should expect. Thanks.
I've seen 5hp gains, can't imagine much more.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
On the stock tune they showed 8hp (if i recall correctly), and above 17CivicTypeR_Brian said it was "significantly bigger gains on the KTuner Stage 1 tune". Fingers crossed!
oh nice. Yeah, it looks good though. Def a good bang for the buck mod imo. I ended up ordering the aFe intake the other day..knowing the gains won't be the much, just want that sound lol. I noticed the aFe has a bigger piping like the PRL, so hoping for the same.

I think the eventuri utilizes the stock piece...which is sad, lol...you'd think for that money they'd at least give you something like prl made.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
On the stock tune they showed 8hp (if i recall correctly), and above 17CivicTypeR_Brian said it was "significantly bigger gains on the KTuner Stage 1 tune". Fingers crossed!
The biggest gain was above about 6300 RPM and was +13hp over the Stage 1 Tune. (this is the significant gain I was referring to)

The PEAK HP on this day moved from about 318@6300 to about 324@6550.

Outdoor ambient air temps affected these numbers negatively.

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I would assume with low ambient temps, the power gain on stage 1 would be even greater?

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I would assume with low ambient temps, the power gain on stage 1 would be even greater?
That's my assumption as well. I'll probably pay IMW a visit again when it gets cold to see if we can match conditions.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey everyone,

I did finally get the video edited and uploaded. It took a couple tries to get the upload because of YouTube or something.

Anyway, it's probably a bit longer than it needs to be to get the point. I wanted to make sure to not cut the video between the dyno run and showing the screen.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports FK8 Civic Type-R Stage 1 Intake System CTR%20Stage%201%20Assembled_zpsbrsshzt6

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports FK8 Civic Type-R Stage 1 Intake System CTR%20Stage%201_zpsnv8jopqh

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports FK8 Civic Type-R Stage 1 Intake System CTR%20Drop%20In%20Filter%20Angle_zpsc3tqe8o

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports FK8 Civic Type-R Stage 1 Intake System CTR%20Drop%20In%20Filter%20Straight%20On_zpsqazi0wo

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports FK8 Civic Type-R Stage 1 Intake System CTR%20Drop%20In%20Filter%20End%20Angle_zpsyfl0kvxw

Stage 1 Intake Systems for the 2017+ Civic Type-R and 2018+ 2.0T Accord are finally available for pre-order! Customers can purchase our silicone hose kit (with hardware) and high-flow air filter together or separately. The pre-order sale will end once orders begin shipping!

Silicone hose kits are scheduled to begin shipping within a few days of the original 10/15 ETA. Filter ETA is 11/5, so filters and complete Stage 1 kits will be available for shipping at the same time! :)

rockymtntypeR

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
CTR%20Stage%201%20Assembled_zpsbrsshzt6.jpg

CTR%20Stage%201_zpsnv8jopqh.jpg

CTR%20Drop%20In%20Filter%20Angle_zpsc3tqe8oj.jpg

CTR%20Drop%20In%20Filter%20Straight%20On_zpsqazi0wop.jpg

CTR%20Drop%20In%20Filter%20End%20Angle_zpsyfl0kvxw.jpg

Stage 1 Intake Systems for the 2017+ Civic Type-R and 2018+ 2.0T Accord are finally available for pre-order! Customers can purchase our silicone hose kit (with hardware) and high-flow air filter together or separately. The pre-order sale will end once orders begin shipping!

Silicone hose kits are scheduled to begin shipping within a few days of the original 10/15 ETA. Filter ETA is 11/5, so filters and complete Stage 1 kits will be available for shipping at the same time! :)
@PRL Motorsports is your drop in filter a dry or oiled filter?

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Sorry to be a bother, but can you tell us whether "within a few days of the original ETA" means slightly before or after 10/15? The reason I ask is I'm leaving for a road trip to the dragon run in late October, and I'd like to know if I need to make time to install this or not. I'm excited!
Sponsored