PRL Motorsports FK8 Civic Type-R Stage 1 Intake System

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
My intake arrived Friday! Unboxing to come!
Sponsored

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
I can't see the button to order the Stage 1 on the PRL website ... it just says "Coming soon!" https://prlmotorsports.com/CivicTypeRFK8Stage1Intake.aspx
https://prlmotorsports.com/CivicTypeRFK8SiliconeIntakeHoseKit.aspx#.W6FWv_YpCUk

We cannot sell the full stage one at this time as we have not confirmed filters yet, many people are buying the tube only kit and running either knn or stock.

UPDATE!! We just finished testing on a stock customer Type-R today over 20 pulls with all different temperature ranges throughout the day! Gains! We will put together the data and dyno charts soon for you all to see!

Last edited:

mmm def

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 CTR, 13 GS350
Country flag
shipping out the tubes yet?

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
We will start

ETA 10/15/18 Listed on our website when you ordered it. This is the estimated shipping date and we are looking to keep on track with this. We had a small batch previously and which we were able to provide some companies the opportunity to test them prior to our large batch for consumers.

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag

We cannot sell the full stage one at this time as we have not confirmed filters yet, many people are buying the tube only kit and running either knn or stock.

UPDATE!! We just finished testing on a stock customer Type-R today over 20 pulls with all different temperature ranges throughout the day! Gains! We will put together the data and dyno charts soon for you all to see!
Thanks! I do have just the tube in my cart, but the introductory full stage one price is very good so I'd like to get that instead.

mmm def

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 CTR, 13 GS350
Country flag
Just placed my order for the Stage one tube, already have a K&N drop in filter and will be installing my PRL intercooler today when UPS drops it off!

image.jpg
how hard is it to take the bumper off?

rockymtntypeR

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
how hard is it to take the bumper off?
It’s not hard at all I would just recommend having someone to help and also have plastic pry tools to push on the tabs and to remove clips a good reference for this would be the Mishimoto bumper removal video on YouTube

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Hope mine surprises me soon

Awesome! Did this one run the K&N or stick with the stock filter?

dang, you're patient...I would have unboxed and installed the same day, lol
It's tough! But I promised to get before-and-after dyno results.

BTW for all following, I have an appointment with DRob at IMW on Monday at 1 if anyone is interested in stopping in to check it out. We plan to do a quick baseline pull with stage 1 (to see how temperature/conditions Monday compare to what we did in March), flash to stock and pull, install pipe and pull, and re-load Stage 1 tune and pull. I'm on the stock filter with about 12000 miles on it so we'll see how much the tube alone can help! Unfortunately I don't have a drop-in filter handy to add further test configurations.
Sponsored