PRL Motorsports Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Had an aftermarket header with no cat on my 8th with Flashpro. When I took it to emissions out here it passed no problem and I didn't have a cat on it. Don't see why it wouldn't pass with a tune. You may just want to take it and get it checked, if you are worried about it, to see if it will pass the way it is.

I ordered the AFe carded DP so I don't have to worry about it.
Sponsored

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
I've read through some of the pages on this thread but can't read through 41 lol. Just a few questions and a few bullet points:

I have Ktuner V2
I have thermal exhaust that comes with their own frontpipe

I want the CATTED PRL downpipe
Will I throw CEL? It looks like I "may" so if I DO, where in KTUNER can I turn it off (I'm running VIT stage1 so am I still able to edit that stuff if I get a CEL)
Any problems mounting it up to Thermals exhaust/front pipe? Do I need a special adapter/gasket or anything?

Basically just want to bolt this bad boy up and know where in Ktuner to turn off the CEL if I get one and if it'll hook up with my Thermal Exhaust/front pipe.

Thanks for answering.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
No guarantee on the exhaust question but the downpipe works with stock setup past that and I could only imagine the exhaust is meant to work with stock downpipes. So the only possible "issue" I could see is different pipe diameters where they meet at the flange.

It's under "disables" I believe. However as far as I know with Vits tunes you are locked out of everything.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've read through some of the pages on this thread but can't read through 41 lol. Just a few questions and a few bullet points:

I have Ktuner V2
I have thermal exhaust that comes with their own frontpipe

I want the CATTED PRL downpipe
Will I throw CEL? It looks like I "may" so if I DO, where in KTUNER can I turn it off (I'm running VIT stage1 so am I still able to edit that stuff if I get a CEL)
Any problems mounting it up to Thermals exhaust/front pipe? Do I need a special adapter/gasket or anything?

Basically just want to bolt this bad boy up and know where in Ktuner to turn off the CEL if I get one and if it'll hook up with my Thermal Exhaust/front pipe.

Thanks for answering.

I went with the Takada as its the only catted down pipe that 99% of people who have it do not throw a CEL. I've got all most 2K miles on mine and I'm CEL free.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ya I knew I was locked out of everything. I was just curious if I could still disable errors if running his tune. I hate the unknowns.

No guarantee on the exhaust question but the downpipe works with stock setup past that and I could only imagine the exhaust is meant to work with stock downpipes. So the only possible "issue" I could see is different pipe diameters where they meet at the flange.

It's under "disables" I believe. However as far as I know with Vits tunes you are locked out of everything.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You could. You just have to ask him to send you the tune with the secondary catalyst codes disabled...

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
1 more quick question. I've heard of some people breaking the studs off the turbo (I think thats what I read) while others havent, when installing the downpipe. Is that something I need to worry about? I'm going to have a shop install it and am concerned what to do if that happens.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Spray them now with pb blaster or something similar. Day before you take it in spray them again... I sprayed 24 hours and 30 minutes prior and had no problems.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1 more quick question. I've heard of some people breaking the studs off the turbo (I think thats what I read) while others havent, when installing the downpipe. Is that something I need to worry about? I'm going to have a shop install it and am concerned what to do if that happens.

Sprayed mine, 1 stud still broke.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How long before the job did you spray? I've done things before where I spray, break it loose and after a quarter turn spray again and wait 20 minutes because it still felt too tight after breaking it loose that tiny bit... I mean it might not be fool proof but it's better than not spraying them imo

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I broke one. Thankfully it broke off close enough to the end that I could still use it.

blacklion703

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX, 2017 CR-V EX
Country flag
I broke one. Thankfully it broke off close enough to the end that I could still use it.
I sprayed the hell out of the bolts when changing the downpipe. Nothing broke. Getting the bolts off was the longest part of the install.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What would happen if it couldn’t be reused. How big of an issue is it.

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What would happen if it couldn’t be reused. How big of an issue is it.
i have seen a couple people posting that they broke 2 bolts and have still been able to use thw DP without any issues. worst case you may have an exhuast leak and might throw a code. then you would have to unbolt the turbo drill out the studs and retap with new bolts.
Sponsored