PRL Motorsports Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
I was hoping to get in on this but only way would be @ 20% off if it gets there and even then not so sure, but Ill keep an eye out to see if it gets there just in case.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
@PRL Motorsports will the dyno be on a CVT or 6mt? I'm interested to see how much more can be gained on a CVT with a flashpro
Vit will be doing the testing, and I believe his test mule is a 6MT car. However, there is talk of testing the catted version on our shop's CVT car. We will keep you posted soon, as will Vit.

can't wait to see the dyno results on both the cat and no cat versions.
Us either!

If we get to the -20% I'll add my name......I'll be watching!!!! How long to get on the list?
Keep on watching, we have caught quite a bit of interest from this thread alone in the past few hours. Hopefully it stays this way! We just need a message from people who want on the list with their name, address, email and phone number for contact info to keep on file, along with a 50% (off retail) deposit to get on the list.

Any pictures of the other pipe and adapter?
High-res pictures of both downpipe variants and the front pipe will be posted in the next 24 hours. As for the adapter piece, we are still finalizing the drawing before production. We may be able to sneak a rendering for you guys, though ;)

I will be testing both variants on our shop 17 MT.
:)

will it be worth it for the CVT? Im willing to give it a go unless Im just maxed at FP tune and intake. Im not trying to make huge power for racing but if more gains can be had....
If there are gains on an 6MT car there will be gains on a CVT car. Granted, it might not see the major down-low torque gains of a 6MT car, but there will be gains. We will go more into this when the data is posted. A lot of people doubted the Subaru FA20DIT CVT transmissions, but have proven to hold up quite well and respond to gains very positively. We expect similar results on the 1.5T.

Sorry just to be clear, with the non-catted version you'll need an o2 adapter in order for it to not throw any CEL codes?
You will need a catted downpipe with FlashPro or either version with K-Tuner. Extensions don't always trick the ECU, especially on newer cars. However, adapters are always available for purchase from numerous companies if a customer wanted to try this.

Well that sucks. There's no vehicle inspection of sorts here but still don't want a light on my dash.

Also, is 3" too big for an engine with this displacement?
3" will work just fine. It's not like this is the cold side where larger tubing means a larger volume of air to fill up. Typically, exhaust flow likes it big to breath out as fast with as little back-pressure as possible.

If PRL built it this way, im sure there is a reason and it will be best for the car. They make top notch products for dailys to full blown race. These arent cheaply done with no r&d
Thank you! :) If for whatever reason the data and results show that we have a flawed design, by all means we will make a revision and improve anything needed. However, this doesn't look to be the case. We aren't here to take anyone's money and sell them an inferior or mediocre product.

So who is going to build the first bolt on turbo upgrade.....
Good things come to those who wait ;)

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Good things come to those who wait ;)
Hinting that you guys will do it? Lol, if so are you planning on ported stock housing with larger wheel so this downpipe will still work?

abecerra96

SLOWFC1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The wait is finally over, we are now introducing the first full 3" (76mm) downpipe / front pipe assembly on the market, available for a limited time pre-order discounted price! Pre-order customers will receive first dibs on our combo. Projected ETA is by April 2017.

Testing is showing that a downpipe upgrade is one of the most effective modifications to perform when looking increase power out of Honda's 1.5L turbo engine. We decided to take these findings one step further by upgrading the restrictive factory A-pipe that bottlenecks exhaust flow with a typical downpipe upgrade.

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X IMG_0765_zpss5pw0cwc

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X IMG_0766_zpsdeof5hve

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X IMG_0763_zpsyvpspsyl

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X Downpipe1_zpsruimwj6k

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X Midpipe1_zps8ndnkywe

Our downpipe / front pipe assembly is constructed of mandrel bent 16 gauge 304 stainless tubing and 304 stainless 3D CNC'd flanges with smooth transitions for optimal flow and fitment. All pieces are fully back-purged for weld integrity and optimal strength while the front pipe features a high quality, reinforced stainless flex section. Customers can run an aftermarket exhaust or mate our combo to the factory exhaust with the optional stock exhaust adapter. Choose between catless or 300 CEL cat.

All kits will include gaskets, stainless hardware and components needed for a seamless installation. Dyno numbers and testing data will be released within the next few days. High resolution pictures will be released tomorrow.

Retail will be $649.99 for the combo, catted version will be $799.99. We will give 10% off if there are 9 pre-orders, 15% off if there are 10-19 pre-orders, and 20% off if there are over 20. All pre-orders will also receive free stock exhaust adapters. Please PM us, give us a call at 724-325-6300 or drop us an email at [email protected] with your full name, address, phone number and email for contact so we can put the information on file. A 50% (off retail) deposit is required to be put on the list. The remaining amount will be charged with shipping and the appropriate discount tier before shipping. Let the list begin!

1. dc2turbo
2. maaaaackle
So 650 for both downpipe and front pipe?

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hinting that you guys will do it? Lol, if so are you planning on ported stock housing with larger wheel so this downpipe will still work?
We have a stock replacement turbo trick up our sleeve and Vit has his own trick(s) ;) Our version will work with the downpipe, and I'd assume that Vit's would too, like most other platforms' stock location turbos.

PRL always makes great product -- we have enjoyed working with them over the years and can't to see what we can do with the 16+ vehicles now ;)
We look forward to seeing where you push this platform!

So 650 for both downpipe and front pipe?
*$624.99 for both the downpipe and front pipe. We ended up working with our material supplier(s) to bring the cost down to $624.99 and $749.99 for the catted version.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Any theories/data on loss of flow/hp between catted/catless?

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
down payment send!
Thank you!

Any theories/data on loss of flow/hp between catted/catless?
During testing with the Subaru FA20DIT platform, we saw 5% peak (12hp) horsepower gains, 9% (33 ft/lbs tq) peak torque gains and 10%-15% horsepower/torque (20-30 hp & tq) gains in the midrange by upgrading the downpipe and intermediate pipe (front pipe) to our full 3" combo without a tune. We also tested just upgrading the intermediate pipe alone and saw very similar peak horsepower gains, but without about 4% less torque at peak and throughout the midrange in comparison to the full combo. However, the factory Subaru platform features larger diameter tubing (about a quarter inch) with two cats; one in the downpipe, and the other in the intermediate pipe, where the Honda's 1.5T only features one cat with roughly a quarter inch smaller tubing. It's a bit hard to say considering both platforms feature very different flow characteristics in terms of displacement (2.0L vs 1.5L), engine design (boxer vs I4), cylinder head designs, turbo size and Subaru's factory TMIC (hot mount intercooler) vs Honda's efficient FMIC design. If we had to put together an educated guess without installing, I would expect something to a 5% peak horsepower gain at peak, 7.5-10% peak tq at peak and 10% gain throughout the midrange by simply bolting this combo on without tuning. There will be even more gain potential after a tune. We will supply actual dyno numbers and data once the piece is installed.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
During testing with the Subaru FA20DIT platform, we saw 5% peak (12hp) horsepower gains, 9% (33 ft/lbs tq) peak torque gains and 10%-15% horsepower/torque (20-30 hp & tq) gains in the midrange by upgrading the downpipe and intermediate pipe (front pipe) to our full 3" combo without a tune. We also tested just upgrading the intermediate pipe alone and saw very similar peak horsepower gains, but without about 4% less torque at peak and throughout the midrange in comparison to the full combo. However, the factory Subaru platform features larger diameter tubing (about a quarter inch) with two cats; one in the downpipe, and the other in the intermediate pipe, where the Honda's 1.5T only features one cat with roughly a quarter inch smaller tubing. It's a bit hard to say considering both platforms feature very different flow characteristics in terms of displacement (2.0L vs 1.5L), engine design (boxer vs I4), cylinder head designs, turbo size and Subaru's factory TMIC (hot mount intercooler) vs Honda's efficient FMIC design. If we had to put together an educated guess without installing, I would expect something to a 5% peak horsepower gain at peak, 7.5-10% peak tq at peak and 10% gain throughout the midrange by simply bolting this combo on without tuning. There will be even more gain potential after a tune. We will supply actual dyno numbers and data once the piece is installed.
I was curious if you had an idea between your $625 catless combo to your $750 catted combo? I'm sure there's plenty of difference between these and stock. I think I remember on the bmw n54 (3.0 liter but one turbo/downpipe on each 1.5 liters of displacement) most people claim only a few who difference between HFcatted and non but I've never see a dyno comparison. I went catless for cost (nobody made catted for only 125 more) so no experience with catted.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was curious if you had an idea between your $625 catless combo to your $750 catted combo? I'm sure there's plenty of difference between these and stock. I think I remember on the bmw n54 (3.0 liter but one turbo/downpipe on each 1.5 liters of displacement) most people claim only a few who difference between HFcatted and non but I've never see a dyno comparison. I went catless for cost (nobody made catted for only 125 more) so no experience with catted.
It's hard for us to guess or make a theory. We should have results in the next week or so.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's hard for us to guess or make a theory. We should have results in the next week or so.
Will the presale special be going on after you get some results? Thanks for all the answers in this thread!

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor