Lots

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I will be testing both variants on our shop 17 MT.
will it be worth it for the CVT? Im willing to give it a go unless Im just maxed at FP tune and intake. Im not trying to make huge power for racing but if more gains can be had....

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
will it be worth it for the CVT? Im willing to give it a go unless Im just maxed at FP tune and intake. Im not trying to make huge power for racing but if more gains can be had....
If it makes power on the MT, why wouldn't it be worth it on the CVT? You guys might not get the benefit from all the torque at 3500 rpm but it should still make power 5k+, which is where the CVT lives.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If it makes power on the MT, why wouldn't it be worth it on the CVT? You guys might not get the benefit from all the torque at 3500 rpm but it should still make power 5k+, which is where the CVT lives.
Oh ok, I guess there is some confusion then on the CVT and the computer controlling the amount or torque requested. Quite the debate around other threads on this. I may be confusing multiple issues. Have you figured a way to get more then 19 psi out of the turbo on a CVT? I get 20.5 but only after I let off of a WOT run. mostly it sits at 19-19.5 on the 6+psi high octane. If Im not maxed currently on my CVT with the flash pro, then I will invest in the downpipe and an intake and of course once I have that I will be paying you to e-tune it.

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Oh ok, I guess there is some confusion then on the CVT and the computer controlling the amount or torque requested. Quite the debate around other threads on this. I may be confusing multiple issues. Have you figured a way to get more then 19 psi out of the turbo on a CVT? I get 20.5 but only after I let off of a WOT run. mostly it sits at 19-19.5 on the 6+psi high octane. If Im not maxed currently on my CVT with the flash pro, then I will invest in the downpipe and an intake and of course once I have that I will be paying you to e-tune it.
This ECU is not a true torque model ECU. Sure the ECU does like to close the throttle (sometimes, not always) but to say it's a torque model ECU like what I'm used to seeing on the Ford platform is just mis-information. Sure it's not what the Honda guys are used to seeing come from Honda in previous generations, but calling the throttle closures as "torque model" is an insult to actual torque model ECU's, lol.

There are CVT's running 21-22psi already and I've had manuals hit 26psi. I'm going to be working on another '16 CVT here shortly and we'll see what we can do with it. There's a LOT that's undiscovered in these new ECU's right now, but I'm working on unraveling some of the mysteries ;)

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This ECU is not a true torque model ECU. Sure the ECU does like to close the throttle (sometimes, not always) but to say it's a torque model ECU like what I'm used to seeing on the Ford platform is just mis-information. Sure it's not what the Honda guys are used to seeing come from Honda in previous generations, but calling the throttle closures as "torque model" is an insult to actual torque model ECU's, lol.

There are CVT's running 21-22psi already and I've had manuals hit 26psi. I'm going to be working on another '16 CVT here shortly and we'll see what we can do with it. There's a LOT that's undiscovered in these new ECU's right now, but I'm working on unraveling some of the mysteries ;)
Thanks man, like I said, your words give me encouragement. Ill be offering up another CVT soon for you. OT any good recirc valves yet? Have you seen any logs on boombas vta?

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Thanks man, like I said, your words give me encouragement. Ill be offering up another CVT soon for you. OT any good recirc valves yet? Have you seen any logs on boombas vta?
I have not found a reason to change the stock valve yet... only reason to is if it leaks, which I haven't seen that to be the case yet (but only time will tell).

omigulay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport hatchback
Sorry just to be clear, with the non-catted version you'll need an o2 adapter in order for it to not throw any CEL codes?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry just to be clear, with the non-catted version you'll need an o2 adapter in order for it to not throw any CEL codes?
Defoulers do not always work fyi.

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Well that sucks. There's no vehicle inspection of sorts here but still don't want a light on my dash.

Also, is 3" too big for an engine with this displacement?
No, there is no such thing as 'too big' on a turbo car lol

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well that sucks. There's no vehicle inspection of sorts here but still don't want a light on my dash.

Also, is 3" too big for an engine with this displacement?
If PRL built it this way, im sure there is a reason and it will be best for the car. They make top notch products for dailys to full blown race. These arent cheaply done with no r&d

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So who is going to build the first bolt on turbo upgrade.....
Sponsored