1.5T PRL Motorsports Cobra CAI Install

foehammerone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
What would you say the ground clearance of the filter is? About 12 inches? 16? We have crappy roads here and get tons of rain.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
any chance we can get it in red?
Black only, sorry!

Do you ship in the Philippines?
I did. The shipping’s price highier than the intake. lol
Yes, we do. Please email us or PM us a message your address to see if we can crunch any shipping numbers for you anywhere!

What would you say the ground clearance of the filter is? About 12 inches? 16? We have crappy roads here and get tons of rain.
Yes, a bit over 12".

Is this intake system legal in California?
It is not CARB legal.

I ordered my CAI last night and still got the pre-order deal!!! I can't wait to install it... so @PRL Motorsports get it ship quickly!:bow::bow::bow::bow:
We are shipping in chronological order :). If you order has not shipped already (which it might have), it will ship sometime within the next week!

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I forgot to mention one important thing about the CAI. The package it came in. PRL did a great job with packaging this product. Generous amount of bubble wrap keeps the parts from moving around and banging into things. Even though I don't see much of anything breaking in transit (Just some silicon hoses, hard maf sensor and plastic pieces, etc), they still wrapped it fairly well. Some places you don't see this at all. Since I had a brief stint working for UPS, you WILL want your items wrapped well in transit. Thanks guys!

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Have you installed yet, hows the sound? :)

I forgot to mention one important thing about the CAI. The package it came in. PRL did a great job with packaging this product. Generous amount of bubble wrap keeps the parts from moving around and banging into things. Even though I don't see much of anything breaking in transit (Just some silicon hoses, hard maf sensor and plastic pieces, etc), they still wrapped it fairly well. Some places you don't see this at all. Since I had a brief stint working for UPS, you WILL want your items wrapped well in transit. Thanks guys!

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have you installed yet, hows the sound? :)
Nah.....Won't be installing until I get the intercooler. Will do the intake, intercooler and CVT cooler all a the same time. I'll probably be a while. Someone else here most likely will do it first.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I guess he's the first
Not a bad video but I have to admit I cringed every time I saw the magnetic light and bolt holder attached to the exterior paint. If all surfaces were perfectly clean then it would probably be ok but I’d be way too afraid of damaging my paint to do that.

KnoxTn17Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si sedan
Country flag
Not a bad video but I have to admit I cringed every time I saw the magnetic light and bolt holder attached to the exterior paint. If all surfaces were perfectly clean then it would probably be ok but I’d be way too afraid of damaging my paint to do that.
Was thinking the same thing:fear:

Vincentbrown65

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
This may be a dumb question, but... What is the need for the steel braided clutch line?

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
This may be a dumb question, but... What is the need for the steel braided clutch line?
More durable in general, also I have heard that it stiffens up the clutch pedal very slightly. It doesn’t expand like rubber. More consistent clutch feel. it’s a worthy mod.

Legato

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
I would expect a 1.5-2 hour install for first-timers, though it can be done much quicker the second or third time around. The most time consuming part would be wrestling the lower dampener out.
I actually received my cai just yesterday instead of the scheduled delivery tomorrow (thanks again to @360glitch and @PRL Motorsports ), and this is exactly where I’m stuck at. I’ve removed the two 10 bolts that were inside of the rubber nipples on the right side, but can’t seam to pull out the lower dampener. It feels like there’s something attached to the bottom of it? Or is that how it’s suppsoed to be and I just pull the whole piece out at once from the top?
Sponsored