Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Just installed this yesterday. Really impressed with the details of this intake. Like not having it be made of a heat absorbing metal element. Like having the maf senor moved slightly to the right (Towards driver's side) to have less radiator heat hitting the maf sensor, and preventing the raising of intake air temperatures sensor and possibly reducing ignition timing. Immediately opening the air induction right before the maf sensor housing rather than having the same size pipe going towards the foglight. To not restricting the opening from the maf sensor to the air filter, despite having two sharp bends to deal with. I could go on.

Thanks for this product.

Thank you for all of the kinds words and input! :)
Sponsored

Reactions: Myx

bearBare

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SGP CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am planning to get the CAI "Street" version and want to check if I get the KTuner V1.2 down the road, I need to change the MAF to the "Race" version, unless there is a profile available for the "Street"? My apologies if this was answered already, but wanted to catch the BF sale before its too late! Speaking of sales, is there 15% off the KTuner? Or a bundled packaged with the CAI PRL offers?

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am planning to get the CAI "Street" version and want to check if I get the KTuner V1.2 down the road, I need to change the MAF to the "Race" version, unless there is a profile available for the "Street"? My apologies if this was answered already, but wanted to catch the BF sale before its too late! Speaking of sales, is there 15% off the KTuner? Or a bundled packaged with the CAI PRL offers?
Currently, Ktuner will email you a tune to load for the Race MAF. There is supposed to be a revision coming that allows you to select your MAF right in the base tune.

bearBare

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SGP CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Currently, Ktuner will email you a tune to load for the Race MAF. There is supposed to be a revision coming that allows you to select your MAF right in the base tune.
Thanks, just received the PRL CAI Street version today and will try to install this weekend. Next step will be to get the Ktuner in a month or so and hopefully a revision to select the right MAF will be available.

bearBare

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SGP CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks, just received the PRL CAI Street version today and will try to install this weekend. Next step will be to get the Ktuner in a month or so and hopefully a revision to select the right MAF will be available.
Finally found time this Saturday to get the install done. It took me a while to finish, but certainly worth it! Here are some points to consider when you are working on 2018 CVT Sport Touring version:

1) Make sure you loosen the 2 bolts from the lower stock airbox attached to the bottom car frame to get more room to force the separation of the mid and lower airbox. There should be a bracket arm you can remove once you loosen up one of the bolts.
2) You will need a bit of force to have the rubber grommet from the lower box squeeze out of the mid box. The room that you created from loosening the bottom 2 bolts of the airbox will allow you to angle the mid air box section enough to make the separation.
3) As mentioned in the forum by other members, the only way to get the lower air box out is through the undershield/inner shield opening next to the drivers side tire (not through the opening of the bottom center heatshield). It takes a while, but find the angle and push it through.
4) Once you are done with the above, the installation should be straight forward.

Since I have a CVT, there's no need to install the supplied PRL relocation bracket with location tab, but I did it anyways figuring that I may add in another bracket to it for attaching the original wiring harness (the wiring harness have a locking tab that went into the original bracket). You can see in the picture I took that I decided to use a zip tie to secure down the wiring harness. For the MAF wiring harness, I did the same too to secure with a zip tie to the adjacent wiring harness.

Driving experience so far is that it is certainly louder, more whooshing sound. Acceleration is much faster, especially picking up highway speeds to merge.

Unfortunately I got so excited in showing off the intake installation, I curbed my right front wheel :(

Ha, this gives me an excuse to look for some nicer wheels! Kidding aside, I want to see if Ktuner have released their updated base MAF tune? My next step will either be Ktuner or Hondata depending on what I find out and what will work better for my driving needs.

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Cobra CAI Install 2018 Honda Civic SPT engine with PRL intake

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Cobra CAI Install 2018 Honda Civic SPT CVT PRL relocation bracket 190128

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Cobra CAI Install 2018 Honda Civic SPT CVT intake hose connector butt

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Cobra CAI Install 2018 Honda Civic SPT CVT zip ties

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Cobra CAI Install 2018 Honda Civic SPT tire rash

ocbooger

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally found time this Saturday to get the install done. It took me a while to finish, but certainly worth it! Here are some points to consider when you are working on 2018 CVT Sport Touring version:

1) Make sure you loosen the 2 bolts from the lower stock airbox attached to the bottom car frame to get more room to force the separation of the mid and lower airbox. There should be a bracket arm you can remove once you loosen up one of the bolts.
2) You will need a bit of force to have the rubber grommet from the lower box squeeze out of the mid box. The room that you created from loosening the bottom 2 bolts of the airbox will allow you to angle the mid air box section enough to make the separation.
3) As mentioned in the forum by other members, the only way to get the lower air box out is through the undershield/inner shield opening next to the drivers side tire (not through the opening of the bottom center heatshield). It takes a while, but find the angle and push it through.
4) Once you are done with the above, the installation should be straight forward.

Since I have a CVT, there's no need to install the supplied PRL relocation bracket with location tab, but I did it anyways figuring that I may add in another bracket to it for attaching the original wiring harness (the wiring harness have a locking tab that went into the original bracket). You can see in the picture I took that I decided to use a zip tie to secure down the wiring harness. For the MAF wiring harness, I did the same too to secure with a zip tie to the adjacent wiring harness.

Driving experience so far is that it is certainly louder, more whooshing sound. Acceleration is much faster, especially picking up highway speeds to merge.

Unfortunately I got so excited in showing off the intake installation, I curbed my right front wheel :(

Ha, this gives me an excuse to look for some nicer wheels! Kidding aside, I want to see if Ktuner have released their updated base MAF tune? My next step will either be Ktuner or Hondata depending on what I find out and what will work better for my driving needs.

2018 Honda Civic SPT engine with PRL intake.jpg

2018 Honda Civic SPT CVT PRL relocation bracket 190128.jpg

2018 Honda Civic SPT CVT intake hose connector butt.jpg

2018 Honda Civic SPT CVT zip ties.jpg

2018 Honda Civic SPT tire rash.jpg
Street Maf runs of of stock, no need for an update on KTuner. Race MAF does require a setting in Ktuner

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What are the possibilities of hydrolock?
No chance unless you drive like a dumbass through super super deep water

bearBare

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SGP CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Street Maf runs of of stock, no need for an update on KTuner. Race MAF does require a setting in Ktuner
Thanks ocbooger, I figured after reading a few threads. Saving up for KTuner, and exhaust, and, and, andā€¦ :)

ocbooger

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks ocbooger, I figured after reading a few threads. Saving up for KTuner, and exhaust, and, and, andā€¦ :)
I just upgraded to the Race maf myself. I bought street before I had KTuner because I'm impatient. I'm trying to do downpipe before I mess with exhaust for the same reason.