PRL Motorsports Civic Type R Billet Front Mount Intercooler!

brianathasport

Hasport Dude
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type R, 88 CRX, 94 Civic Hatch, 04 RSX, 06 Ridgeline, 11 CRZ, multiple Insights
Vehicle Showcase
Hasport and VTEC Academy have a Type R project car. You may have seen some of our Tech Inspection videos on the VTEC Academy YouTube channel. One recent modification is the PRL FMIC. We will be doing some testing with it soon. Videos of the installation and testing coming soon.
Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Civic Type R Billet Front Mount Intercooler! prl-grab-jpe
Sponsored

CTR_Gavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally got mine installed! The guys at @PRL Motorsports are top notch and the service is perfect. Worked with me to do the stencil a little differently as well, which was really nice of them. Talked with Chad for a long time after our Dragon event and finally pulled the trigger.

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Civic Type R Billet Front Mount Intercooler! FMIC.JPG

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
/\ Awesome stencil. I like how you worked the red ‘R’ in there :)

Lume80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord sport
Country flag
We have FMIC for R in stock now, hit us up for the best in the biz for go fast!!!

leehom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, back at it again
Country flag
Here is a nice little install video from one of our customers, ps we disagree with the hardware comment as our supplied hardware is proper length and is coated to not corrode with the aluminum.
I think you misunderstood. My understanding is he wanted to use the stock hardware (bolts) and the stock bottom left and top right bolts did not fit, which prompted him to use your allen key hardware.

Lume80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord sport
Country flag
Hasport and VTEC Academy have a Type R project car. You may have seen some of our Tech Inspection videos on the VTEC Academy YouTube channel. One recent modification is the PRL FMIC. We will be doing some testing with it soon. Videos of the installation and testing coming soon.
prl-grab-jpeg.jpg
Looking forward to VTEC academy and their test results of our PRL fmic...should be a good video and comparison data

Last edited:
OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Looking forward to VTEC academy and their test results of our PRL fmic...should be a good video and comparison data
Thanks, There is plenty of data available also outside of ours on a few pages on the facebook groups. We also recently received our motec, this will also allow us to add multiple sensors for more data! more data is always better!

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks, There is plenty of data available also outside of ours on a few pages on the facebook groups. We also recently received our motec, this will also allow us to add multiple sensors for more data! more data is always better!
We’ve posted a full review and data graph of our learnings and why PRL IC is really good!

Search FB group in my signature.

rockymtntypeR

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Finally got mine installed! The guys at @PRL Motorsports are top notch and the service is perfect. Worked with me to do the stencil a little differently as well, which was really nice of them. Talked with Chad for a long time after our Dragon event and finally pulled the trigger.

FMIC.JPG
Man I really like that wish I would have thought of that, looks awesome

Last edited:

Gforce81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
So I installed my intercooler along with a few other parts at the same time. Other parts are HKS intercooler piping, Ultimate Racing downpipe/frontpipe, catback. I had put Ktuner on a day or two prior, so don't have much of a baseline pre/post inercooler install to see the drop in temps. When looking at the OP, it seems my temps are higher than these. When sitting idle, my temps are >120. When moving, especially once accellerating a bit, my temps are between 100-110.

A few questions:

1. Is it possible, and would it be normal, that heat from the downpipe/frontpipe (wrapped in titanium heat wrap) cause an increase in IAT temps?
  2. Is measuring the IAT temps via Ktuner the appropriate data point for temps?
  3. Is it possible the HKS intercooler piping is the culprit here? Is anyone using this combination seeing better results? Wondering if the stock rubber coupling keeps air cooler vs. the HKS coupling...
  4. Are my temps (105-110) low enough to ensure the ECU doesn't scale back power?
Thanks in advance and apologies if these are noob questions.
Sponsored