Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
We have 3 pre production kits we are wrapping up now, two are going to others for testing. Once we confirm all of our parts, brackets, silicone, heat shields, etc we will release it for sale!

There will be about 6 different turbo options to choose from with a retail of $2500 dollars with the base Garrett turbo. Kits will include everything you need, except the cobra or short ram intake which you will have to use or purchase with the kit. Again you will have to use our cobra intake or our short ram intake for the kit. You will be able to use the stock intercooler piping or our full intercooler kit. We cannot confirm it will work with any other intercooler piping other than ours and stock. Also as of now you will either need k-tuner or motec, we are working with hondata also.

We are aiming to run the car at honda day at mir in a few weeks!

-Garrett turbo
-brackets / heat shields
-coolant lines and oil lines
-adapter hardware and custom tubing
-downpipe (connects to oem or our current front pipe)
-custom silicone
-BOV
6 turbo options! :confused1: please throw us some details when allowed :)

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Bolt-On Big Turbo Upgrade Kit turbo-lag-no-no-nonot-in-my-house

ani2017

First Name
Ani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
We have 3 pre production kits we are wrapping up now, two are going to others for testing. Once we confirm all of our parts, brackets, silicone, heat shields, etc we will release it for sale!

There will be about 6 different turbo options to choose from with a retail of $2500 dollars with the base Garrett turbo. Kits will include everything you need, except the cobra or short ram intake which you will have to use or purchase with the kit. Again you will have to use our cobra intake or our short ram intake for the kit. You will be able to use the stock intercooler piping or our full intercooler kit. We cannot confirm it will work with any other intercooler piping other than ours and stock. Also as of now you will either need k-tuner or motec, we are working with hondata also.

-Garrett turbo
-brackets / heat shields
-custom silicone
-BOV
After the testing how much power and torque can the stock engine handle reliably before needing aftermarket forged internals?

KramVT0215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2008 Acura TL
Country flag
After the testing how much power and torque can the stock engine handle reliably before needing aftermarket forged internals?
We'll find out soon enough pretty sure they will push it to the limits for testing and then build the block for big numbers. I'd assume we should be able to run them in the 350-400whp range as torque will come in a bit lower than what the stock turbo produces so this would actually help the stock rods to some degree. The bigger problem I see will be fueling as even the stock system is maxed on full bolt ons and ethanol. Everyone doubted the 1.5T platform and its been amazing this past year seeing what has become of it!

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

-Garrett turbo
-brackets / heat shields
-custom silicone
-BOV

So the kit will require the use of the included down pipe? If so guess I'm probably out as i wanted to keep my Takeda catted so I won't have CEL issues.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Garrett turbos do not use Honda exhaust flanges
Also probably doesn't sit at the same position

So sounds like unless Greddy or Vit do not come out with a true drop in replacement I wont be able to upgrade

FC1Dawn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
We'll find out soon enough pretty sure they will push it to the limits for testing and then build the block for big numbers. I'd assume we should be able to run them in the 350-400whp range as torque will come in a bit lower than what the stock turbo produces so this would actually help the stock rods to some degree. The bigger problem I see will be fueling as even the stock system is maxed on full bolt ons and ethanol. Everyone doubted the 1.5T platform and its been amazing this past year seeing what has become of it!
No doubt that we will need bigger fuel injectors. I am very excited for this and can't wait to see the final products!

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So the kit will require the use of the included down pipe? If so guess I'm probably out as i wanted to keep my Takeda catted so I won't have CEL issues.
I mean your getting an upgraded turbo but you are worried about a CEL? I know you can disable it in Ktuner, and pretty sure you can in Hondata Race FP.

KramVT0215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You could probably also have a shop custom fab a high flow cat on the downpipe if you wanna stay emissions compliant. I may look into this option since I'm in mass and they can be strict...but either way im doing it haha ive ran catless in the past just toss a defouler on it and get all the ready codes to set and im good to go.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You could probably also have a shop custom fab a high flow cat on the downpipe if you wanna stay emissions compliant. I may look into this option since I'm in mass and they can be strict.
The upgraded turbo kit itself will not pass emissions lol you would literally have to remove and put on stock everything that isn’t exempt to pass

KramVT0215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The upgraded turbo kit itself will not pass emissions lol you would literally have to remove and put on stock everything that isn’t exempt to pass
Never been a problem for me on past cars for mass they only do a plug in OBD2 test for emissions all your ready codes are set you pass obviously this isn't emissions friendly lol gotta find the right shops who are full of car enthusiasts and get less of a hassle. Just realized your in CA that's a whole different animal with emissions of course haha so stupid ruining the fun for everyone.
Sponsored