1.5T PRL Motorsports Bolt-On Big Turbo Upgrade Kit

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
3K -4K + depends on the options you choose. Also depends if you already have the intercooler and intake and front pipe.

3-4K seems high with it being bolt on replacement. You can buy
a complete turbo kit with fuel mods for around that price.
Sponsored

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
3-4K seems high with it being bolt on replacement. You can buy
a complete turbo kit with fuel mods for around that price.
Like I said, depends on what options you choose, and price factor comes into play if you don’t already have their front pipe, intake, and intercooler. It will be reasonably priced, just like their other kits and products.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Like I said, depends on what options you choose, and price factor comes into play if you don’t already have their front pipe, intake, and intercooler. It will be reasonably priced, just like their other kits and products.

I can't wait to see their pricing VS Greddy and what each kit offers.

I was thinking more along the lines of 2-2.5K

Even at full pricing:

Inter cooler and piping $800
Intake $400
Turbo and D/P $1200

total - $2400

3925blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si sedan
Country flag
I can't wait to see their pricing VS Greddy and what each kit offers.

I was thinking more along the lines of 2-2.5K

Even at full pricing:

Inter cooler and piping $800
Intake $400
Turbo and D/P $1200

total - $2400
Where do you get the "Turbo and D/P" pricing? Most Garrett turbos are
$800-2,000 just by themselves. I hope this one will be ball bearing instead of journal, but a drop-down option for either could sell well.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was buying $2k turbo kits from Greddy in 2001 and that was just the kit, no intercooler or fueling or anything. I think expecting this upgrade kit to be $2k is wishful, but maybe they prove me wrong.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Where do you get the "Turbo and D/P" pricing? Most Garrett turbos are
$800-2,000 just by themselves. I hope this one will be ball bearing instead of journal, but a drop-down option for either could sell well.
I’m sure they will offer both, but yes, be smart and get the ball bearing. Costs more but much more reliable. Plus the quality they provide is astounding, worth every penny.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Cool stuff... though I'm more of a 300hp out of a stock housing modified turbo customer for bang-for-the-buck and longevity with stock internals.

550 whp is >350 hp/liter... sort of like a 1000 hp 2jz. They're going to be well exceeding 400 ft/lbs of torque at the top of the RPM range. It's cool and all... and I'll be looking on in interest, but I'll definitely be sitting this upgrade path out.

Props to PRL. Getting that much power out of what was originally a ~100 hp N/A Fit engine is *amazing*. :bow:

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You guys should stop speculating on prices lol. Just wait for PRL to announce their info instead of assuming.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You guys should stop speculating on prices lol. Just wait for PRL to announce their info instead of assuming.
Thats boring and no fun. We had 300 page posts on type r pricing speculation.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thats boring and no fun. We had 300 page posts on type r pricing speculation.
Haha it's pointless. In the end, they told me I'd be suprise to how affordable their kit will be.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Haha it's pointless. In the end, they told me I'd be suprise to how affordable their kit will be.
affordable is relative haha, some people think a $10 burger is affordable and some people think a big mac is expensive. Anyhow, for some more speculation I hope its in the $2k range but we shall see

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
affordable is relative haha, some people think a $10 burger is affordable and some people think a big mac is expensive. Anyhow, for some more speculation I hope its in the $2k range but we shall see
Yep. We'll see what it takes to upgrade the rods/pistons/fuel pump. Clutch is a foregone conclusion... and if the turbo is dimensionally different, downpipe. Not counting labor if you're not going to DIY, I bet that's where the real money lies on the quest to make well over 300 hp and will easily exceed the cost of turbo. Most of Garrett's offerings over on Z1 were ~1-1.5k based around a T25. The sky can be the limit though. I don't know what's involved going from a MHI turbo with all the electronic wastegate stuff that the ECU controls to a Garrett..

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yep. We'll see what it takes to upgrade the rods/pistons/fuel pump. Clutch is a foregone conclusion... and if the turbo is dimensionally different, downpipe. Not counting labor if you're not going to DIY, I bet that's where the real money lies on the quest to make well over 300 hp and will easily exceed the cost of turbo. Most of Garrett's offerings over on Z1 were ~1-1.5k based around a T25. The sky can be the limit though. I don't know what's involved going from a MHI turbo with all the electronic wastegate stuff that the ECU controls to a Garrett..
I mean, if Im going to pay a good amount of money for an upgrade kit, Im paying for PRLs. The development of their 10th gen products have literally taken place right here in front of us on this forum. and from the parts we have so far, I dont doubt that PRLs is going to be the best kit on the market and worth every penny.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I dont doubt that PRLs is going to be the best kit on the market and worth every penny.
I bet you'll be right. It'll certainly set the benchmark for this type of kit. I'm still hopeful for a path with the stock unit and would love if PRL goes down that road as well. They have built up a good reputation. Snow White was one of the first 10th gens I read about mods wise.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Great point regarding the switchover from the electronic waste gate. Given that part of KTuner's current options rely on manipulation of the electronic waste gate, I'm curious how tuning for this turbo will function.
Sponsored