PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R FK8 Turbocharger Inlet Pipe Kit

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I saw @daaamngiina unboxing the PRL titanium inlet pipe on her IG today. Are we getting closer to a release?
I thought she was going to review it, and provide feedback. Have not seen any video about it yet, unless I am missing anything.
Sponsored

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I thought she was going to review it, and provide feedback. Have not seen any video about it yet, unless I am missing anything.
I can see why they would choose these people (from the business perspective) but i really wish prl would send out these testing pieces to people who either track their cars or actually drives it and has datas compared to social media famous people.

Also curious to see the price on the PRLs pipe. Considering it not being one piece i am hoping it's not too expensive.

FK8_K20c1

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I can see why they would choose these people (from the business perspective) but i really wish prl would send out these testing pieces to people who either track their cars or actually drives it and has datas compared to social media famous people.

Also curious to see the price on the PRLs pipe. Considering it not being one piece i am hoping it's not too expensive.
I agree with you. Knowing PRL I dont think its going to be expensive their parts are priced right to the point that when you compare it with another product you end up buying PRL's lol. The only part on my car that is not PRL is the downpipe because when I got the car they didnt had it available at the moment.

06S2k07Si

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 S2000 22 RDX 13 CB1000R 22 Veloster N 18 Type R
Country flag

I agree wholeheartedly! Give them to people who actually understand! The Rampage piece is extremely well made...no question about that...but unless you just have to have it for purely looks it's not worth the $$$ in my opinion. PRL simply does a fantastic job with the production of their parts and what they offer for the money. Well done PRL! Keep it up!

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag

x10000. I buy their parts to go faster on track. Not because some IG person is stunting at C&C with it.

FK8_K20c1

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Come on @PRL Motorsports we are pulling our hairs in here. :coffee: I saw your comment days ago about being even closer. Tell us something:popcorn:

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
after installing their intake, charge pipes, and soon this inlet pipe, i may have to get the car retuned lol.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Im waiting on this turbo inlet too to tune mine.
just a slight fee for a retune so it's not too bad. (i did an e-tune). initially wasn't planning to do these additions quickly so i tuned it lol.

he might adjust some values slightly since it's not really going to be that different. Probably some changes to the torque targets and maybe boost. Don't think i'd be able to add more ign timing from these mods.
gotta talk to him after i get this pipe and see what he thinks.

FK8_K20c1

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
just a slight fee for a retune so it's not too bad. (i did an e-tune). initially wasn't planning to do these additions quickly so i tuned it lol.

he might adjust some values slightly since it's not really going to be that different. Probably some changes to the torque targets and maybe boost. Don't think i'd be able to add more ign timing from these mods.
gotta talk to him after i get this pipe and see what he thinks.

How long it took him to dial in the etune?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
How long it took him to dial in the etune?
took 10 revisions. The retune should take nowhere near that many revision i believe with the small changes i've made.
i'm sure he had fun trying to tune a 91 octane stock downpipe car lol. Couldn't really add too much ign timing cause of stock cat and the octane lol.1

FK8_K20c1

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
took 10 revisions. The retune should take nowhere near that many revision i believe with the small changes i've made.
i'm sure he had fun trying to tune a 91 octane stock downpipe car lol. Couldn't really add too much ign timing cause of stock cat and the octane lol.1
Good to hear. Its getting cooler in here so its perfect time for tuning.
Sponsored