SGPFK8

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R - Sonic Grey Pearl
Country flag
Have you tried following up in correspondence to the email chain? I'm not quite sure what's going on here, but we always recommend email/phone communication due to the fact things tend to slip through the cracks with all of the various communication outlets.
What email chain? I called in, spoke with someone in your support team. They advised me the same thing you did reference attempting to loosen and re-install. I did just that, and it appears that the hose is STILL too short. This is a known issue, on this thread along there are other members which have experienced the same problem as me with the hose being too short. Can you help me with sending me a replacement hose and Iā€™ll send you this one back? If not, how can I go with returning the complete intake? If you canā€™t help me, perhaps give me a name of someone I can speak to specifically so I donā€™t continue to be bounced around from person to person. Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

Patrick Bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 FK8, ā€˜19 XC60 R-Design, ā€˜17 ZL1, ā€˜02 SS
Country flag
What email chain? I called in, spoke with someone in your support team. They advised me the same thing you did reference attempting to loosen and re-install. I did just that, and it appears that the hose is STILL too short. This is a known issue, on this thread along there are other members which have experienced the same problem as me with the hose being too short. Can you help me with sending me a replacement hose and Iā€™ll send you this one back? If not, how can I go with returning the complete intake? If you canā€™t help me, perhaps give me a name of someone I can speak to specifically so I donā€™t continue to be bounced around from person to person. Thanks
They will not take the intake back once itā€™s installed. Believe me.

SGPFK8

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There is no need to for a washer with flanged-head bolts, which is why we and most other manufactures do not supply washers when flanged head bolts. Of course we make me stakes, it's impossible not. Our hardware and design is not the issue here, though.

Have you tried following up in correspondence to the email chain? I'm not quite sure what's going on here, but we always recommend email/phone communication due to the fact things tend to slip through the cracks with all of the various communication outlets.
They will not take the intake back once itā€™s installed. Believe me.
Thatā€™s fine, I donā€™t mind keeping it. I would like for them to back their products and replace the faulty silicon hose. If not, Iā€™ll just contact American Express, theyā€™ll refund me without a problem.

OneSickFK8

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM FK8
Country flag
Thatā€™s fine, I donā€™t mind keeping it. I would like for them to back their products and replace the faulty silicon hose. If not, Iā€™ll just contact American Express, theyā€™ll refund me without a problem.
Visa or your bank will make it right. Charge back.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Last edited:

SGPFK8

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
For those of you wondering, I ā€œSTILLā€ have not heard from anyone at PRL. PRL if your monitoring this thread, have someone from your team send me a private message to try to get this sorted out. Iā€™ve sent emails to your help desk with no response. I need this faulty silicone hose replaced. Thanks

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
For those of you wondering, I ā€œSTILLā€ have not heard from anyone at PRL. PRL if your monitoring this thread, have someone from your team send me a private message to try to get this sorted out. Iā€™ve sent emails to your help desk with no response. I need this faulty silicone hose replaced. Thanks
Forgive my curiosity...
Did you loosen airbox and install inlet pipe side first then push the box over to fit the airbox side?

Florence_NC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
M6 x 1.00 x 16mm Socket Head Cap

Anyone know where I can buy these?
That is one of the most common size metric Allen cap bolts on the planet. I have drawers full of them in my shop. You want them in black oxide, cad plated, stainless steel, aluminum anodized in multiple colors, or titanium? I probably have all of them. Need reduced heads? Short heads? Rifle drilled? Safety wire drilled? Probably have some selection of those as well.

That size is so common that you should be able to find them literally at any hardware store having even the most basic of selections of Allen cap bolts. I can walk into both HD and Lowes and go pick them up here in the US.

How many do you need? I will mail you some if you can't find them.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey Guys,

What screw do I need for this? 2 of them fell off! I'm only replacing the top part as i dont want to remove the intake again, was already a pain in the ass to install lol

https://imgur.com/a/SRDBId6

Is this the right one?
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hillman...ket-Cap-Head-Cap-Screws-8-Pack-4406/204801210

@PRL Motorsports are you able to send me replacements? I cant find these in Canada
lol, dang, that screw fell off after you made sure it was tight? that totally sucks.

if you have ACE hardware or homedepot/lowes...I'd take one of those screws out and compare it to what they have available.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Same here, I contacted PRLā€™s support team and was told to follow their install guide. My mechanic, which has an FK8 himself and has worked for Honda over 15 years attempted several different ways to get to install correctly and was unable to. It seems that although Iā€™ve sent PRL photos and explanations they continue to insinuate that Iā€™m installing it incorrectly. Glad to know Iā€™m not the only one facing poor fitment on their HVI system.

1A372F78-9711-47B5-A94F-5C8E28C88C46.jpeg
I'm not fond of their stage 1 intake hose either. I thought I fixed mine, but it sits square on the radiator hose...loosened everything and turned it, etc...good luck man
Sponsored