PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R FK8 High Volume Intake System

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Thought I would share mine.
No errors
No issues with fitment
No problems getting it on tight
No gaps
All goodness

D9F36FD1-7EF5-49F5-B689-F31FD8E09738.jpeg

56BD9DFE-EED8-4589-B213-B8F4D44BC9FF.jpeg

C6B57E94-ADA5-4906-AD87-AD0E19617059.jpeg

56C93303-3205-49EE-9ACB-5C0A41862644.jpeg

F6EF499C-8FEF-417A-977F-05722C99D347.jpeg
I have the same gap you have on the turbo inlet. No biggie.

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Drove today for 11/2 hrs and maf temps behavior on stop and go traffic plus highway driving beats the stock airbox with high flow filter and prl stage 1 and the mishimoto intake out of the water. Temperatures went as low as 6 degrees above ambient at one moment. Mostly stayed about 8-9 degrees. Even on traffic when it will get 130deg hot as soon as you start driving it goes down quick. Nice work PRL.

jinderC

Drove today for 11/2 hrs and maf temps behavior on stop and go traffic plus highway driving beats the stock airbox with high flow filter and prl stage 1 and the mishimoto intake out of the water. Temperatures went as low as 6 degrees above ambient at one moment. Mostly stayed about 8-9 degrees. Even on traffic when it will get 130deg hot as soon as you start driving it goes down quick. Nice work PRL.
Great info!

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Mine was like that at first but I found if I put my hand underneath that side and twisted and pulled towards the pipe I could get it a lot closer. Just a suggestion.

Put on some neochrome looking bolts today!
ABFF455E-F3C2-4AC6-9E71-6689EB0BF7B4.jpeg

This is the closest I could do for the gap.
EF461B1B-F41A-413F-8861-F7D8714A22EE.jpeg

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just finished installing mine and went out for a night drive. The induction noise and woosh sound is LOUDDDD! A lot louder than the AFE that I had for a week and decided to take it off.

The installation took me 2 hours, mainly because it was hard to get the silicone hose to fit right. The evap flange rubs against the vac pipe, and I couldn't get it not to rub. There's not much wiggle room because silicone hose is thick and thus not as flexible. Also, the silicone hose doesn't go all the way to the turbo inlet pipe, leaving a 2mm gap. The airbox is also rubbing against the bracket that holds the MAF sensor wire to the fuse box. This is not a big deal though but just something I want to point out. Performance wise, I don't notice any increase, but I expected it.

Overall, I'm keeping this intake. Let me know if you guys are having the same issue with the silicone hose.

InkedIMG_7913_LI.jpg

InkedIMG_7933_LI.jpg

InkedIMG_7935_LI.jpg
I’m thinking of cutting the hose (green) 2mm to eliminate the rub (red). Currently, the flange is rubbing the paint off of the vac pipe. Most people won’t notice the rub unless they look for it in the area.

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R FK8 High Volume Intake System 77E7EC38-F6EF-4D55-90F1-6C3EBA8DF6E7

jinderC

I’m thinking of cutting the hose (green) 2mm to eliminate the rub (red). Currently, the flange is rubbing the paint off of the vac pipe. Most people won’t notice the rub unless they look for it in the area.

77E7EC38-F6EF-4D55-90F1-6C3EBA8DF6E7.jpeg
You can push and bend that metal hose back and away from the Evap plastic housing just enough to make it stop touching.
It’s what I did, no problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

jinderC

I also find that my Thermal RD exhaust now sounds even more audible after installing the PRL intake..... in a good way.
I hear more cracks and pops.... also it tends to be slightly louder and more raw.
It’s awesome!

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag

77E7EC38-F6EF-4D55-90F1-6C3EBA8DF6E7.jpeg
I was thinking of that too, but I don’t have the tool to make sure it’s a straight cut. The paint on that pipe is so easy to come off, I was like wth lol. A lot of people rotate the flange to a horizontal position, and that helps with the rubbing. However, by doing that, the hose on the right will point upward and may potentially rub against the hood. A few solutions I can think of: 1. Make the flange adapter thinner 2. Make the hose bend toward the front more (like stock) 3. Like you said, make that evap hose shorter.

You can push and bend that metal hose back and away from the Evap plastic housing just enough to make it stop touching.
It’s what I did, no problems.
Imagine you bend a little too much and break a hose! Yikes!

I also find that my Thermal RD exhaust now sounds even more audible after installing the PRL intake..... in a good way.
I hear more cracks and pops.... also it tends to be slightly louder and more raw.
It’s awesome!
I notice my HKS is a little louder and has has more pop while shifting as well. Love it!

Last edited:

DuneShoot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, '16 Tacoma
Country flag
Got mine installed today too. Over all it's pretty nice.

Would like the connecting pipe between the air box and inlet pipe 1/2" longer. 1/4" on the inlet pipe would be more assuring and 1/4" on the airbox connection too.
Minor gripe I agree but it seems most who have installed these has the same gap issues.
Sponsored