First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
One question.

Just today we had a insane down pour and got me thinking about rain. Especially since I am going to install a new grill to help aid in cooler running temps.

I’ve noticed that the stock and other intakes like the Mishimoto don’t have the filter element in the direct path of any charged air, especially if it is carrying water.

Have you tested your intake in such a scenario? Again since I’m putting on a grill I think there is more of a chance to see water flung in the filter’s direction.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
I love that this intake will be super affordable relative to others. Are there any plans for a limited run of optional carbon air boxes for an upcharge?
We're excited about this as well! At this time we have no plans to offer a carbon air box.

@PRL Motorsports it looks great!

Can you tell us what makes yours stand out performance wise from others in the same price range?
We are a fan of our rotomolded air box design for the fact that it that heatsoaks much less in comparison to a metal air box, it flows well, looks sleek and is cost effective. This box allowed us to retain the factory ducting seal. Also, our billet MAF housing was designed to offer the smoothest fuel trims on the market, while also utilizing a giant 6" cone filter for maximum airflow.

i hope the people that were complaining before took my advice and had a snickers instead of pulling the trigger with another brand. :D Good job guys!
I am glad PRL are taking their time to make this as perfect as possible.
The price is very reasonable... no one here has a right to complain

Looking forward to placing my order soon
Thanks, guys! :thumbsup:

I’m ready to own one!

Keep it stealth!

How is the wiring managed compared to the stock box that had the clips on it?
The factory wire casing is removed and then wrapped with the loom provided with our kit, similar to Mishi's install.

Wow very nice, I’ll definitely be buying it
Psst, hey guys. The Pre-Order is now live with an ETA of 8/1/19!

https://prlmotorsports.com/2017CivicType-rfk8.aspx

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
One question.

Just today we had a insane down pour and got me thinking about rain. Especially since I am going to install a new grill to help aid in cooler running temps.

I’ve noticed that the stock and other intakes like the Mishimoto don’t have the filter element in the direct path of any charged air, especially if it is carrying water.

Have you tested your intake in such a scenario? Again since I’m putting on a grill I think there is more of a chance to see water flung in the filter’s direction.
We've been driving our prototype intake for months in Southwest Pennsylvania's constant rain without any issues. There is a drain at the bottom of the air box.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
We're excited about this as well! At this time we have no plans to offer a carbon air box.

We are a fan of our rotomolded air box design for the fact that it that heatsoaks much less in comparison to a metal air box, it flows well, looks sleek and is cost effective. This box allowed us to retain the factory ducting seal. Also, our billet MAF housing was designed to offer the smoothest fuel trims on the market, while also utilizing a giant 6" cone filter for maximum airflow.

The factory wire casing is removed and then wrapped with the loom provided with our kit, similar to Mishi's install.

Do you get charged for pre.orders right away or only when it ships?

Ctr1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR, 12 Speed 3, 03 IS300, 94 EG, 08 Highlander
Country flag

Thank you! Just made the order. Can't wait...lol. Thanks again!

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Ordered mine as well.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag

FK_8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR 187
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Asking for the State of CA...

Will it come with the CARB authentication sticker kinda like Mishimoto?

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I didn't see a race MAF option available. Will all launch units be Street MAF only?