PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R FK8 High Volume Intake System Install Guide

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Since its fall here in Canada and weather doesnt stays around 63f-68f now. (Already have Hondata)

Should I get the PRL intake as my first upgrade or Intercooler would still be better?

I was thinking intake and IC when summer starts again

Or neither and get a catted dp
Sponsored

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Since its fall here in Canada and weather doesnt stays around 63f-68f now. (Already have Hondata)

Should I get the PRL intake as my first upgrade or Intercooler would still be better?

I was thinking intake and IC when summer starts again

Or neither and get a catted dp
Thanks for inquiring! We recommend to our customers to upgrade their intake and intercooler as generally their first go to modifications. Can't go wrong with either! If you'd like to discuss more with us you can certainly call in to the shop or shoot us an email and we will take care of you!

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Thanks for inquiring! We recommend to our customers to upgrade their intake and intercooler as generally their first go to modifications. Can't go wrong with either! If you'd like to discuss more with us you can certainly call in to the shop or shoot us an email and we will take care of you!
Thanks sir,

I think I will go with intake first then! I am a sucker for that darth vader sound lol

kenny3344

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Just installed mine today. Sold the mishimoto and went along with my FIRST PRL product instlled...( well i have the intercooler bought last year.. still in box..)

Time: 1 hour

Sound: a m a z i n g. Even better with a vented cf hood. Sounds so good i drive my remus with the valve closed so i hear more intake...

Power: definitely more responsive.

Temp: while outside temperature is 20 deg celsius, mishimoto and the prl both attain around 37deg...but whats interesting is the significant IAT drop with the PRL, the moment you step on gas.

My vendor screwed up...by the time i got shipping quote...preorder was finished... i wish i got on with the chargepipe presale...

r00kie_c00kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
Would it be worthwhile to install heat shielding (adhesive type) on the exterior of the air box and air box lid?
I'm thinking that it might help to reduce the temperature rise in the intake air from the heat in the engine bay.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hopefully the shop that I reserved it will recieve on the 13 since I'm down in Canada :headbang:

Vincentbrown65

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Just installed mine today. Sold the mishimoto and went along with my FIRST PRL product instlled...( well i have the intercooler bought last year.. still in box..)

Time: 1 hour

Sound: a m a z i n g. Even better with a vented cf hood. Sounds so good i drive my remus with the valve closed so i hear more intake...

Power: definitely more responsive.

Temp: while outside temperature is 20 deg celsius, mishimoto and the prl both attain around 37deg...but whats interesting is the significant IAT drop with the PRL, the moment you step on gas.

My vendor screwed up...by the time i got shipping quote...preorder was finished... i wish i got on with the chargepipe presale...
What is the sound comparison vs the Mishimoto intake?

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m also wondering if it’s loud under lower loads or just when pushing the throttle? My Mishi is pretty quiet and you can only hear it under heavy throttle. Even at that I would not say it’s loud, just audible. Breaking necks sounds kinda loud. Looking forward to installing this thing.

Last edited:

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I’m also wondering if it’s loud under lower loads or just when pushing the throttle? My Mishi is pretty quiet and you can only hear it under heavy throttle. Even at that I would not say it’s loud, just audible. Breaking necks sounds kinda loud. Looking forward to installing this thing.
It is louder than the mishi everywhere.