PRL Motorsports 1.5T L15B Port Injection Kit

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As a current '17 SI owner and soon to be '19 Type R owner, thank you to all of the early adopting SI owners that will be living in uncertain times while the kinks get worked out. The sacrifice of your time and money will ensure that by the time the kit for the R gets made, there will be a clear upgrade path established. :)

I can't wait to see how high we can push the R's top end on the stock turbo, once we get extra fueling!
Don’t be one of those CTR owners before you’re even a CTR owner.

RomelM12

World's 1st Widebody FK7
First Name
Romel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Prelude Type SH, 2008 Honda Accord EX-L, 2012 Hyundai Elantra Ltd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don’t be one of those CTR owners before you’re even a CTR owner.
Detected a hint of future Elitism in there did you. Lol.

Hopefully doesn't turn out to be another Jonnys_Honda going from pretty cool to shit bird.

HatchPanda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatckback Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Would not be a firmware change for a tuner device; would need to be a "stand alone" controller. More than likely using R4 Engine Software.
The wiring would need to be tapped into stock coil packs, MAF, and ECU + it's own injector set. Fuel link to the HPFP as well. Now, it needs to be flashed; preferably using a LOAD based target for reliability (thus the connection to the MAF).
I believe I missed a great many finite details, but that is about the bread & butter.

That kind of system would allow FULL E85 fueling; but, the Low End pump would need to be upgraded as the demand would be higher than the supply. This also depends on the size of injectors being used as well.

All in all, would be a nice to system just to release the strain on the fueling system and keep the Cylinders cooler + the valves cleaner than sparkling teath.
I get the feeling that @KTuner might provide such type of fuel controller :)
And we are familiar with “plug and play” harnesseses that come with ethanol kits for example

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
And we are familiar with “plug and play” harnesseses that come with ethanol kits for example
doubt it lol your on your own for custom setup.

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
Would have to be a "lucrative" investment by someone. Would also apply to a narrower clientele.
I am certain that if it were to be developed, that a new group of sensors would need to be incorporated to provide the ECU with accurate "closed loop" control". If relying on the ECU to do it. APR is one such organization that accomplished internal control for the Euro community.
There is another organization that provided an external control system for the Ford and Mazda platforms (Stratified Automotive Controls).

The external control route would be the most feasible, since it is already developed. It would require different fitting connections to the HPFP and Injectors, to include: a Tuning Solution (e.g. when the auxiliary system injects @rpm and Voltage).

I understand that mentioning all of this is not as beneficial as "creating" the system, however - it may prove to be a LEAD for someone.

HatchPanda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatckback Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
doubt it lol your on your own for custom setup.
I wouldn’t doubt anything. Its a big 10thgen community with a lot of aftermarket support. Some company is going to want to capatilize on this new mod

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wouldn’t doubt anything. Its a big 10thgen community with a lot of aftermarket support. Some company is going to want to capatilize on this new mod
I wouldn’t doubt it but it’s going to cost a pretty penny

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I wonder at what point it will cease to be worth the upgrade. Like, let's say that you have a fully built engine pushing 500 whp and 600 ft lbs of torque. Would any rubber even be capable of letting a FWD car put that down? I've read about 350+ whp CTR's with 380+ ft lbs of torque that can spin in 4th gear if the driver were to step down. At what point does it cease to be useful?

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
I wonder at what point it will cease to be worth the upgrade. Like, let's say that you have a fully built engine pushing 500 whp and 600 ft lbs of torque. Would any rubber even be capable of letting a FWD car put that down? I've read about 350+ whp CTR's with 380+ ft lbs of torque that can spin in 4th gear if the driver were to step down. At what point does it cease to be useful?
You can use a PI system for more than just additional power. It can be used for cooler combustion, keeping the valves clean, and w/o spikes in the entire ignition cycle (consistantly).
With a well thought out "efficiency" set-up, you could keep the upgraded turbo in optimimum efficiency throughout the RPM w/o having to increase PSI. The torque can be targetted to keep the low end from spinning the wheels. Brings a whole new tuning design to a vehicle.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 1.5T L15B Port Injection Kit PortInjectionKitAssembledFront_zpsiwg9lugx

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 1.5T L15B Port Injection Kit L15PortInjectionAssembledRear_zpsol4bia6

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 1.5T L15B Port Injection Kit PortInjectionKitFrontAngle_zpslcst9dv9

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 1.5T L15B Port Injection Kit PortInjectionKitRearAngle_zps3fbo6jy

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 1.5T L15B Port Injection Kit PortInjectionKitLayOutDisassembled_zpsc4tcripe

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 1.5T L15B Port Injection Kit TopFuelRailFrontView_zpshxn1ncsx

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 1.5T L15B Port Injection Kit TopFuelRailRearViewBung_zpspngrctrq

Now Taking Orders!

Our port injection kit for the 1.5L Turbo L15B Honda Accord / Civic / CR-V & More permits the use of port injectors for additional fueling on high-powered engines by installing between the intake manifold and cylinder head. The port injectors are placed at a specific angle for proper fuel atomization. Please note that this does NOT replace the factory direct injection system.

Kit Includes:
  • Anodized billet 6061 intake manifold adapter plate w/ injector ports
  • Anodized billet 6061 fuel rail w/ (3) ports machined for -8AN ORB female threads & (1) port for 1/8" NPT female threads
  • Anodized stand-offs
  • All stainless hardware required for install
  • 1/8" NPT sealed pipe plug
  • (Optional injectors)
*Users are responsible for sourcing an injector controller, wiring, fittings, fuel hose, etc.

*Designed for use with Radium Engineering Fuel Damper (or similar)

*Due to the thickness of the Port Injection Kit intake manifold adapter plate, a custom or additional coupler hose is needed to connect the charge pipe to the throttle body. We are currently working on a solution for this as well.

*Designed around industry standard Bosch EV14 style injectors (48mm Height), which is commonly used by brands like Injector Dynamics, Deatschwerks, Fuel Injector Clinic, Fuel Injector Development, etc.

ONEPNT5.Si

First Name
Dustyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FC1 Si
Country flag
PortInjectionKitAssembledFront_zpsiwg9lugx.jpg

L15PortInjectionAssembledRear_zpsol4bia6j.jpg

PortInjectionKitFrontAngle_zpslcst9dv9.jpg

PortInjectionKitRearAngle_zps3fbo6jyj.jpg

PortInjectionKitLayOutDisassembled_zpsc4tcripe.jpg

TopFuelRailFrontView_zpshxn1ncsx.jpg

TopFuelRailRearViewBung_zpspngrctrq.jpg

Now Taking Orders!

Our port injection kit for the 1.5L Turbo L15B Honda Accord / Civic / CR-V & More permits the use of port injectors for additional fueling on high-powered engines by installing between the intake manifold and cylinder head. The port injectors are placed at a specific angle for proper fuel atomization. Please note that this does NOT replace the factory direct injection system.

Kit Includes:
  • Anodized billet 6061 intake manifold adapter plate w/ injector ports
  • Anodized billet 6061 fuel rail w/ (3) ports machined for -8AN ORB female threads & (1) port for 1/8" NPT female threads
  • Anodized stand-offs
  • All stainless hardware required for install
  • 1/8" NPT sealed pipe plug
  • (Optional injectors)
*Users are responsible for sourcing an injector controller, wiring, fittings, fuel hose, etc.

*Designed for use with Radium Engineering Fuel Damper (or similar)

*Due to the thickness of the Port Injection Kit intake manifold adapter plate, a custom or additional coupler hose is needed to connect the charge pipe to the throttle body. We are currently working on a solution for this as well.

*Designed around industry standard Bosch EV14 style injectors (48mm Height), which is commonly used by brands like Injector Dynamics, Deatschwerks, Fuel Injector Clinic, Fuel Injector Development, etc.
I understand that users are responsible for sourcing the additional products needed to make this work for their specific application, but are you guys willing to share information regarding what parts you are currently using to make this system work?
Sponsored