Cscott_xGen

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Im curious as to how the heck people are going to tune the set up. I wonder if @KTuner will have base maps
Sponsored

KramVT0215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2008 Acura TL
Country flag
Im curious as to how the heck people are going to tune the set up. I wonder if @KTuner will have base maps
I'm using Derek Robinson with IMW to tune using a manual.boost controller until someone figures out how to incorporate the electronic wastegate down the road. Ktuner should be providing a map to get you to a tuner

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In an earlier post they mentioned having worked with Ktuner on these kits to get lots of data. Im guessing there will be basemaps to use with them but man, if Im spending that money on a turbo kit, Id get a full custom tune

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I'm holding out till there's electronic boost control for these. I just love having all my different modes. And boost by gear is wonderful for launching.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Any chance of seeing the 2860R Gen 2 numbers before the deadline, pretty please :)?
^ was just about to ask politely for the same!
At this time our car is still in pieces finishing up the last of suspension mods for our drag wheel/tire setup. Not sure if we'll be able have numbers by the time of the release, but we will have numbers!

Is the 5-bolt turbine side meant to be welded on to the housing or has that end just not been machined yet?
Also, for anyone looking to dip their feet into the pond first, this plumbing and a bog stock gt2554r will easily do 250+ bhp probably without adding any lag at all at <20psi... This is a rough guesstimate based on how how much reliable power people get out of 1.6-1.8 BP turbo miata builds with the same turbo and cast manifolds.

The 2554r is about 500$ max, whereas my last gtx2860rs build cost about 1500 for the turbo alone.
These are the downpipe castings, so they will bolt to the turbine outlet in standard downpipe fashion. The 5-bolt flange has not been machined yet.

This will be tuned the same as any other 10th Gen. Experienced tuners like Derek should be able to tune this easily.

I'm holding out till there's electronic boost control for these. I just love having all my different modes. And boost by gear is wonderful for launching.
Understandable! We can say that there isn't as much of a need for BBG with this big turbo upgrade because the power is shifted to the right. This setup doesn't blow the tires off as violently as big power stock turbo, it rather hazes them into traction. ;)

Coolnezzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
In an earlier post they mentioned having worked with Ktuner on these kits to get lots of data. Im guessing there will be basemaps to use with them but man, if Im spending that money on a turbo kit, Id get a full custom tune
In @PRL Motorsports' other thread they mentioned this when I asked about tuning options:

Hello! :)

We are not in the business of offering tunes or basemaps for any of our products. It is possible that @KTuner may eventually offer a basemap for our turbo kit with one or two of our turbocharger options after they feel 100% comfortable with a map. It can be rather difficult to offer a basemap(s) for a larger turbo kit with so many different options and factors, but it may play to your advantage considering the fact our kit can only be used with our intake system(s) and mainly intended to be used with an intercooler upgrade. We will be talking with D-Rob shortly, but nothing is set in stone. Like past 8th and 9th Gen markets, we simply let the tuner take care of the tuning and what they'd like to do.

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
GTX 1260R GEN II dyno!?

10GenPearlSi