1.5T PRL Motorsports 1.5T Civic Bolt-On Big Turbo Kit Upgrade Results

Coolnezzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hi @PRL Motorsports, really excited for this kit and was wondering if you will ever consider offering it with a catted downpipe option and if not, would you consider fabbing one up as an added cost/custom option for those of us that want this kit but would like to run a cat?

Also, lots of us are looking forward to the results of the Gen2 GTX2860R, seems like it will be the perfect option to hit 325-340whp on 91 octane crap gas.

You guys rock, keep up the good work!
Sponsored

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Holy MEGA MULTIQUOTE @PRL Motorsports

Does anyone else feel semi famous for being quoted in that ginormous post?

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Hi @PRL Motorsports, really excited for this kit and was wondering if you will ever consider offering it with a catted downpipe option and if not, would you consider fabbing one up as an added cost/custom option for those of us that want this kit but would like to run a cat?

Also, lots of us are looking forward to the results of the Gen2 GTX2860R, seems like it will be the perfect option to hit 325-340whp on 91 octane crap gas.

You guys rock, keep up the good work!
We have plans for a catted version! Once our pieces come back from casting we will be able to confirm fitment and add the option.

Last edited:

Faduzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Thanks all. I didn't know about that time. And makes sense for lower tourqe I guess for trans and axles maybe?

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Thanks all. I didn't know about that time. And makes sense for lower tourqe I guess for trans and axles maybe?
For the connecting rods and pistons actually, so the engine. The transmission and axles are actually really solid. But I would imagine lowering torque definitely helps lower stress on the transmission of course.

tehSteve

GrayBeard McGootch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
For the connecting rods and pistons actually, so the engine. The transmission and axles are actually really solid. But I would imagine lowering torque definitely helps lower stress on the transmission of course.
Axle recall coming up for us in December. Got the notice. Parts won't be ready till December.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Axle recall coming up for us in December. Got the notice. Parts won't be ready till December.
This for the clunk issue when turning? Cuase I have a si with the issue.

ClemsonPatriot

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
More info on this please. Can you post the notice or more details.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Huh that’s weird, I didn’t get that notice. Wonder what trim it’s for. However I have yet to see anyone have a axel failure, even the people tracking and drag racing. Just the clunks some people are experiencing, I’m not.
Sponsored