PRL Intercooler Install Question - PLEASE HELP!

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Awesome, glad you got it installed! Sometimes the answer is something simple we missed
Sponsored

OP
OP
redcivic19x

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Awesome, glad you got it installed! Sometimes the answer is something simple we missed
Thanks! Yea I honestly don’t feel all that bad about it because I’ve only been modding since October of last year and I’ve never been very savvy when it comes to working under a hood, but this is my first bolt on I’m doing with absolutely no help (normally I have my dad help out) so one wrong minor thing doesn’t phase me :)

super stoked to get up in the morning and finish the install though!

OP
OP
redcivic19x

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I thought someone responded, but I can’t seem to find it anymore, but does anyone know what that silver bracket is for that’s listed in the original post?

OP
OP
redcivic19x

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No problem! PRL really should state that in their instructions, but thankfully that’s the Air Force mentality in me lol “Attention to detail”
Any ideas on how to get this pipe on the hot side adapter piece:
Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Intercooler Install Question - PLEASE HELP! 05E351A8-A7E4-4A41-86A7-ED5EDFF4FEBD

It seems like the fitting of the pipe is just a slightly too small and I’ve been battling the last hour trying to get this on with no avail. I’ve tried heat and silicone spray and still can’t get it.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Any ideas on how to get this pipe on the hot side adapter piece:
05E351A8-A7E4-4A41-86A7-ED5EDFF4FEBD.jpeg

It seems like the fitting of the pipe is just a slightly too small and I’ve been battling the last hour trying to get this on with no avail. I’ve tried heat and silicone spray and still can’t get it.
Yeah it’s suppose to be a tight fit because when boost pressure builds it will want to pop the hose off so it has to be a tight fit. Just make sure all the hose is wrapped around the ends of the coupler and shove&twist it in

OP
OP
redcivic19x

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah it’s suppose to be a tight fit because when boost pressure builds it will want to pop the hose off so it has to be a tight fit. Just make sure all the hose is wrapped around the ends of the coupler and shove&twist it in
Yea luckily my neighbors buddy is a master mechanic and he actually suggested using cooking oil to help slide it on and soon as I threw a little bit of that on there I was able to get it around.
This is killing me that the longest part of the install has been these last few steps. I’m currently having to cut away one of the plastic pieces because the bracket for the cold side doesn’t fit correctly and this last plastic piece is right in the way. Siiiiiiiiiigh*

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yea luckily my neighbors buddy is a master mechanic and he actually suggested using cooking oil to help slide it on and soon as I threw a little bit of that on there I was able to get it around.
This is killing me that the longest part of the install has been these last few steps. I’m currently having to cut away one of the plastic pieces because the bracket for the cold side doesn’t fit correctly and this last plastic piece is right in the way. Siiiiiiiiiigh*
You were suppose to remove the plastic shroud on the left side of the IC and cut the right side one. Never heard anyone need any type of grease or lubricant to install a hose tbh but if it worked that’s good lol
Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Intercooler Install Question - PLEASE HELP! B5F5124F-B91C-4ADB-B26C-34563D5D5E6D

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Intercooler Install Question - PLEASE HELP! 6565CDA4-08B1-47C7-9259-BD167D4CF5F9

OP
OP
redcivic19x

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You were suppose to remove the plastic shroud on the left side of the IC and cut the right side one. Never heard anyone need any type of grease or lubricant to install a hose tbh but if it worked that’s good lol
B5F5124F-B91C-4ADB-B26C-34563D5D5E6D.png

6565CDA4-08B1-47C7-9259-BD167D4CF5F9.png
I ended up cutting both plastic shrouds on either side. But I was referring to the plastic tab thing that is located next to the secure point where the OEM bracket secures the IC on the drivers side. That tiny plastic thing was in the way and I had to cut some of it off with a knife and then I was able to get the bracket secured.

yea I didn’t have to do that for any of the other pipes which were relatively easy to secure, but that one...I tried to muscle it and twist and heat it and everything and just couldn’t get that thing on.

but I wrapped up the install and everything looks good - no leaks or anything. Took it out driving and got on it a few times, and when boost kicks in the IAT and IAT2 were nearly identical. And then just casually driving there was anywhere from a 2-6 degree difference. I didn’t drive very long because it started raining, but I plan on getting some data logs in this week.