PRL Intercooler Install Question - PLEASE HELP!

OP
OP
redcivic19x

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
You don’t have the upgraded IC piping? Did you only buy the upgraded billet core?
I do have the upgraded charge piping. But I have to have that piece attached to the intercooler in order to attach it to the charge pipe. If I don't have that piece then that means the tube would have to fit inside of the intercooler and I know that's not correct.
See the blue piece is attached to the intercooler. That is what I need to happen, but the hex bolts don't secure it.
Sponsored

Attachments

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I do have the upgraded charge piping. But I have to have that piece attached to the intercooler in order to attach it to the charge pipe. If I don't have that piece then that means the tube would have to fit inside of the intercooler and I know that's not correct.

See the blue piece is attached to the intercooler. That is what I need to happen, but the hex bolts don't secure it.
Well they supplied you with everything you needed. So have to mix and match

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

OP
OP
redcivic19x

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well they supplied you with everything you needed. So have to mix and match
I even tried the bolts from the oem intercooler and even those didn't work. It doesn't make sense.

OP
OP
redcivic19x

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you try using the stock Intercooler cold-side bolts to mount the piece to the intercooler?
Just tried and still nothing. Those secure points are just too big. And the hex bolt sizes just barely fit the adapter piece, so it connecting that way I don't even think is possible unless I just got a bad piece

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Just tried and still nothing. Those secure points are just too big. And the hex bolt sizes just barely fit the adapter piece, so it connecting that way I don't even think is possible unless I just got a bad piece
Then your only left with one option contacting PRL

OP
OP
redcivic19x

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sucks that I have to sit around and wait until Monday to do so.
Did you thread them in the opposite side, from the picture, the driver side has the slightly curved coupler. But from the picture you do not see the hex Bolt you only see it threaded in, not the head of it. Below screenshot explains what I’m saying, you are threading them in on the other side where the directions has them shown from the front side of the IC

Attachments

Last edited:

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Billet cast ends last longer
I’ll only keep the car till I bored of it, maybe 3-6 years lol. Already have my eyes on the next generation of the 370z, soo that will be the next guys concern lol. But even them V1 is sturdy I have confidence in PRLs build quality and QC-ing

OP
OP
redcivic19x

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you thread them in the opposite side, from the picture, the driver side has the slightly curved coupler. But from the picture you do not see the hex Bolt you only see it threaded in, not the head of it. Below screenshot explains what I’m saying, you are threading them in on the other side where the directions has them shown from the front side of the IC
Dude I can’t believe I didn’t think to try this.... that literally was it. I guess after working on this all Danm day and encountering this issue I kind of panicked. Lol wow I feel dumb.

thanks a lot man! I really appreciate the people in this forum coming through once again. :D

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Dude I can’t believe I didn’t think to try this.... that literally was it. I guess after working on this all Danm day and encountering this issue I kind of panicked. Lol wow I feel dumb.

thanks a lot man! I really appreciate the people in this forum coming through once again. :D
No problem! PRL really should state that in their instructions, but thankfully that’s the Air Force mentality in me lol “Attention to detail”

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
it took two pages for someone to point out the bolts are installed in the front.. yep this is a honda forum.
Sponsored