1.5T PRL intake tube fitment

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
Got my PRL Stage 1 intake yesterday. Installed it after work. Maybe it’s my OCD but I was immediately not thrilled with the fitment. The tube does not flush up to the same spots as the OEM tube, though it does cover enough to form a good seal, which I guess is the main requirement.

Drove around the neighborhood for maybe 10 minutes. Could be placebo, or maybe more from the drop in filter, but I noticed an uptick in throttle response and midrange grunt. But after getting home and staring at the fitment of the tube for a while, I couldn’t help but remove it and reinstall the OEM pipe.

Is it just me? Anyone else notice this?
Sponsored

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You need to turn the hose and push it against the intake for it to sit flush.

OP
OP
The Vyzitor

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You need to turn the hose and push it against the intake for it to sit flush.
I rotated the tube all over before taking the car out to drive, logo up, down, facing the front bumper, facing the engine, and every way in between. It just seems too short to fit flush on both the MAF side and inlet pipe side... you either have it flush on one side, and way off on the other... or split the difference and have it a little equally short on both sides.

I’m sure it does not effect functionality at all, I just find the gaps unsightly.

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine fit fine rotated to the top front. It didn't work with the logo straight up or straight to the front.

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL intake tube fitment image

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Have you tried flipping the ends? The PRL logo doesn’t designate Fitment. My Race CAI from the MAF housing to the inlet pipe the PRL logo is upside down and can’t be seen since it’s facing down

OP
OP
The Vyzitor

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Have you tried flipping the ends? The PRL logo doesn’t designate Fitment. My Race CAI from the MAF housing to the inlet pipe the PRL logo is upside down and can’t be seen since it’s facing down
The ends are two different sizes... the smaller end wouldn’t fit the flange on the air box side, and the larger end would be too big on the inlet pipe side.

I’ll test fit it again and rotate it around again later this week.
Sponsored