ricoxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello all,

Looking for some input. I plan on getting the PRL downpipe/ frontpipe combo. I have the 27won inake and kTuner w/ TSP Stage 1 tune. I plan on upgrading from stock clutch in the future. However in the meantime, what do you guys think of running the dp/fp combo on the stock clutch before upgrading my clutch. My car has 26k miles and i've been DD and rarely spirit drive this thing. I think i installed kTuner at like 9k miles. Car is almost 2 years old no problems yet.
Sponsored

Vilex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rallye Red Si, 2012 Honda Fit, 2008 Ridgeline
Country flag
I've heard some people having no problems, and some do. I guess it just depends how aggressive you are with the car.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Similar situation, similar mods. PRL Cobra vs 27Won, also catted DP/FP (you didn’t specify). Have had the TSP since literally the day it released. DP/FP installed just under 1k miles ago so not great to speak on long term there. I also RARELY engage sport for sake of the clutch. Do like the improved sound with DP/FP. With sport it does really pull in 3/4.

I am shopping clutches more seriously now, though still kind of holding out for Exedy to come to market. Do feel that I may be on borrowed time, but so far haven’t had an issue.

OP
OP
ricoxg

ricoxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Similar situation, similar mods. PRL Cobra vs 27Won, also catted DP/FP (you didn’t specify). Have had the TSP since literally the day it released. DP/FP installed just under 1k miles ago so not great to speak on long term there. I also RARELY engage sport for sake of the clutch. Do like the improved sound with DP/FP. With sport it does really pull in 3/4.

I am shopping clutches more seriously now, though still kind of holding out for Exedy to come to market. Do feel that I may be on borrowed time, but so far haven’t had an issue.
Awesome, how many miles have you put in total with all the mods in your car? Also, how is your experience with all the mods so far?

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Awesome, how many miles have you put in total with all the mods in your car? Also, how is your experience with all the mods so far?
Running various tunes both Hondata and KTuner for 9k miles (generally mild tunes), TSP Stage 1 for almost 8k miles (so tunes for around 17k total), CAI for 4k miles (SRI for a bit before that), and DP/FP for around 1k miles. Every mod has been a significant improvement to the car. I think it did need some help in its stock form, I think tune, CAI, DP/FP puts it in a pretty nice place for a DD.

OP
OP
ricoxg

ricoxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Running various tunes both Hondata and KTuner for 9k miles (generally mild tunes), TSP Stage 1 for almost 8k miles (so tunes for around 17k total), CAI for 4k miles (SRI for a bit before that), and DP/FP for around 1k miles. Every mod has been a significant improvement to the car. I think it did need some help in its stock form, I think tune, CAI, DP/FP puts it in a pretty nice place for a DD.
Perfect, I think we are both in a similar situation. I do plan on DD for awhile but I also want to enjoy it as well. Trying to find that balanced medium. Thanks for helping out.

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
Hello all,

Looking for some input. I plan on getting the PRL downpipe/ frontpipe combo. I have the 27won inake and kTuner w/ TSP Stage 1 tune. I plan on upgrading from stock clutch in the future. However in the meantime, what do you guys think of running the dp/fp combo on the stock clutch before upgrading my clutch. My car has 26k miles and i've been DD and rarely spirit drive this thing. I think i installed kTuner at like 9k miles. Car is almost 2 years old no problems yet.

Completely off topic. I have Tsp Stage 1, Ktuner and intake. My LTFT is -10% to -15 and STFT is -3% to -27%

Can you give me a idea what yours are.

P.s. i was planning on upgrading the clutch whenni do dp/fp

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Completely off topic. I have Tsp Stage 1, Ktuner and intake. My LTFT is -10% to -15 and STFT is -3% to -27%

Can you give me a idea what yours are.

P.s. i was planning on upgrading the clutch whenni do dp/fp
What intake? Those trims suggest an issue. My LTFT ranges 0 to -3. More variation to STFT, but if you have LTFT trending that high then my first guess would be intake/MAF housing being a problem.

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
What intake? Those trims suggest an issue. My LTFT ranges 0 to -3. More variation to STFT, but if you have LTFT trending that high then my first guess would be intake/MAF housing being a problem.

Prl Cobra Race Maf.

I had Corey and Derek with TSP stage 1 tune check a 15 min datalog. The only conclusion was my "elevation" of roughly 3000ft in the deserts of California. More or less im SOL. Run rich, or go back to too 19.5/23.5 Ktuner base map, where my LTFT and STFT were almost perfect at 0s. Im really curious if im the only one with these Fuel Trims on stage 1.

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m curious too. Only 2 mods for the engine I really want are the cai and downpipe. I find it pretty shitty if Honda has this clutch so close to the limit you can’t even add bolt ons without slipping. I drive mine pretty aggressively most of the time so any slipping is a no go. And what’s the point of doing anything if then you have to baby it? That really makes no sense whatsoever

OP
OP
ricoxg

ricoxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m curious too. Only 2 mods for the engine I really want are the cai and downpipe. I find it pretty shitty if Honda has this clutch so close to the limit you can’t even add bolt ons without slipping. I drive mine pretty aggressively most of the time so any slipping is a no go. And what’s the point of doing anything if then you have to baby it? That really makes no sense whatsoever
No tuner?

OP
OP
ricoxg

ricoxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nope. Hell, if it can’t hold the bolt ons it sure isn’t going to do well w a tune.
Yeah, pretty sad that it's so risky installing basic bolt ons without slipping the clutch.

milk_jug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 si sedan
Country flag
i have tsp stage 1 if i load in 4th or 5th by accident on highway my clutch slips. (with map 3) I'm waiting for exedy as well. i cry on the inside

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m surprised there is no one here w just bolt ons to speak about the clutch.
Sponsored