First Name
Ribardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Currently looking into getting front pipe and down pipe combo from PRL sometime this month, I'm confused what's the difference between street and race maf, i currently have the CAI from PRL with the street maf. Could I run race maf downpipe/frontpipe or do I need to run street to correlate with the intake?
Sponsored

FLOPPER

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX 6MT
Country flag
The Street DP just means it has a catalytic converter--the Race version does not.

No you do not have to run the Street DP with the Street CAI and vice versa.

I have the Race versions of both and love them. Some people talk about a "smell" and a "rasp" with the catless DP but in my experience, passengers, onlookers, and I have never noticed either of those issues with my car.

I don't think the Street DP is legal for the road either, so you might as well go balls to the wall then and get some more bang for your buck since the Race DP is not only slightly more powerful but also cheaper.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MrTureelok

MrTureelok

First Name
Ribardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Street DP just means it has a catalytic converter--the Race version does not.

No you do not have to run the Street DP with the Street CAI and vice versa.

I have the Race versions of both and love them. Some people talk about a "smell" and a "rasp" with the catless DP but in my experience, passengers, onlookers, and I have never noticed either of those issues with my car.

I don't think the Street DP is legal for the road either, so you might as well go balls to the wall then and get some more bang for your buck since the Race DP is not only slightly more powerful but also cheaper.
Why isn't the street maf legal? Just curious. I also noticed the price difference which made me confused on picking one of them. But will there be a tune required? I already have the TSP tune 1

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Tune isn't required but if you tune for your downpipe you will see significant power gains.

FLOPPER

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX 6MT
Country flag
Why isn't the street maf legal? Just curious. I also noticed the price difference which made me confused on picking one of them. But will there be a tune required? I already have the TSP tune 1
The MAF only refers to the intakes--whether those are street legal for you depends on how stringent your state is. For me out here in Commiefornia, nothing is legal--even the street CAI isn't legal.

Anyway for the DP's, yes the street DP has a cat, but I'm near certain it's illegal in the whole country to modify, replace, or remove the the catalytic converter. So if putting an aftermarket DP on it is illegal, you might as well get the most out of this mod as you can by going catless.

Btw I still think a flex fuel kit makes the biggest change for this car (other than the tunes), so I'd recommend doing that next instead of the DP, assuming you have fairly easy access to E85. Believe me, it's worth it :headbang:

OP
OP
MrTureelok

MrTureelok

First Name
Ribardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The MAF only refers to the intakes--whether those are street legal for you depends on how stringent your state is. For me out here in Commiefornia, nothing is legal--even the street CAI isn't legal.

Anyway for the DP's, yes the street DP has a cat, but I'm near certain it's illegal in the whole country to modify, replace, or remove the the catalytic converter. So if putting an aftermarket DP on it is illegal, you might as well get the most out of this mod as you can by going catless.

Btw I still think a flex fuel kit makes the biggest change for this car (other than the tunes), so I'd recommend doing that next instead of the DP, assuming you have fairly easy access to E85. Believe me, it's worth it :headbang:
Corn easy to get out here in California, I'm looking to get the dp/fp simply because I got an invidia exhaust already and don't like the fact that its pretty much close to stock as far as tone wise. It did get a bit deeper and louder in the car itself but still close to stock. I've never really thought about corn because I feel that its extra work just to go get it cuz I'm lazy like that lol.

FLOPPER

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX 6MT
Country flag
Corn easy to get out here in California, I'm looking to get the dp/fp simply because I got an invidia exhaust already and don't like the fact that its pretty much close to stock as far as tone wise. It did get a bit deeper and louder in the car itself but still close to stock. I've never really thought about corn because I feel that its extra work just to go get it cuz I'm lazy like that lol.
50 hp makes even my lazy old ass go get it every fill up :)

FLOPPER

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX 6MT
Country flag
What are you running?? Do you have a general idea of your whp numbers?
I haven't dyno'd so I have to go off what others say.

If the stock LX is 170 hp and the corn gives it 50, I can conservatively say at least 220..

The pipes and intake give it a little more but I think those mods help with spool and throttle response more than power at this point.

Supposedly a custom tune will really get a lot more out of the pipes, so that's what I plan on doing next.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Replacing a catted downpipe with another catted downpipe is not illegal. So you’re saying if you replace your cat the car is illegal? No

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Is OP talking about the Type R or Civic Si?

FLOPPER

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX 6MT
Country flag
Is OP talking about the Type R or Civic Si?
Oops sorry--I'm not the OP but I didn't even realize these questions were posted in the CTR section.

FLOPPER

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX 6MT
Country flag

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag

FLOPPER

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX 6MT
Country flag
09AA66C4-7E04-43B0-B5EC-1E904DC4495D.jpeg

Literally says you can use hi flow cats in there lol. Yes you can replace a cat and not be illegal.
Are any of these high flow cats we're using EPA certified?

More importantly: read the third sentence of what you quoted. Lol
Sponsored