1.5T PRL Cobra Intake - Does it really make a difference? (Results Inside)

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just installed my PRL Cobra Street last night, took about 2 hours. I must state your build quality and attention to detail is crazy. Nice job PRL. I am starting with the Street version for now and figure that when I do go to a tune down the road with the upgrade to the Race, I will be able to swap in the street maf when I go back to a stock tune for dealership visits.
Lol for $250 you'll switch from street to race MAF?
Sponsored

Greencobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si 2016 Mazda CX-9
Lol for $250 you'll switch from street to race MAF?
Hey it makes sense to him. I'm sure prl would have no objections to that and would be more than happy to provide the race intake whenever he's ready. Lol

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey it makes sense to him. I'm sure prl would have no objections to that and would be more than happy to provide the race intake whenever he's ready. Lol
Well of course they would not have any objections lol $$$

Loccust

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
It's also down the road, as in not something I am doing this year lol. I will do a tune way before I jump to the Race MAF which will probably be one of the last things I do motor wise. It's just nice to think of it as an option down the road to be able to do if I want. I'm actually very happy with the way the Street version woke the car up. I want to get the front mount intercooler and tune next.

luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Just installed my PRL Cobra Street last night, took about 2 hours. I must state your build quality and attention to detail is crazy. Nice job PRL. I am starting with the Street version for now and figure that when I do go to a tune down the road with the upgrade to the Race, I will be able to swap in the street maf when I go back to a stock tune for dealership visits.
what was your first impression of the intake after you tried it?

James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
It's also down the road, as in not something I am doing this year lol. I will do a tune way before I jump to the Race MAF which will probably be one of the last things I do motor wise. It's just nice to think of it as an option down the road to be able to do if I want. I'm actually very happy with the way the Street version woke the car up. I want to get the front mount intercooler and tune next.
Yeah man how you like the intake?

10thgencoupe

First Name
Dustyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So with the race intake u can’t flash back to stock?? And also do the base maps work from ktuner or the race maf or does it have to be a custom tune ?

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
Can't go back to stock without installing stock intake. Both big name tuners have options for the race housing.

Reactions: Myx

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
So with the race intake u can’t flash back to stock?? And also do the base maps work from ktuner or the race maf or does it have to be a custom tune ?
You will not be able to run our race MAF on a stock calibration, you will need a custom tune. Luckily Ktuner and Hondata both will have a "Race MAF" set up on their software. :)

duubly

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si HFP
Do i need a tune to run street maf? Thinking about running this on stock si as i want to wait for after warranty to get ktuner.

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do i need a tune to run street maf? Thinking about running this on stock si as i want to wait for after warranty to get ktuner.
You do not need a tune with a Street MAF, you are able to bolt on without any other modification.

Landonlapore16

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
You will not be able to run our race MAF on a stock calibration, you will need a custom tune. Luckily Ktuner and Hondata both will have a "Race MAF" set up on their software. :)
Will I need to change the MAF settings if I'm running the TSP stage 1 tune? Or should that tune automatically work itself out without the need of messing with anything.

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Will I need to change the MAF settings if I'm running the TSP stage 1 tune? Or should that tune automatically work itself out without the need of messing with anything.
It will depend on if you are running a race or street as TSP has calibrations for both, you will need to specify with them when you place your order.

Neri12

First Name
Neri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
I recently bought a ktuner with the TSP stage 1 tune, which intake would be a better for it? The PRL Cobra CAI race or street? And which would be more convenient when having to switch back to stock tune for visiting the dealers??
Sponsored