Leef

First Name
Leef
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe Modern Steel Metallic
Country flag
I love the snugging bolsters in the Si but they get seriously rubbed by my butt when I sit down in them. I love the seats and covering them is not likely an option I would consider. I'm getting to get into the habit of sliding the seat fully back so that when I get back in again, it's not an issue. I'm a slenderish build, so that seems to work fine... when I remember to do it. Training it to be a habit is my challenge. I've seen some prior discussion of this issue, so I apologize if I'm bringing it up again. But I'm curious how others are approaching this.
Sponsored

Doc_C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I get in without a care in my mind. I bought this car to enjoy it, not tip toe around it in fear that I may wear it out. Plus, you can always replace it down the road if you think it's necessary.

Remember, enjoy it now so you don't regret never enjoying it at all.

OP
OP
Leef

Leef

First Name
Leef
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I get in without a care in my mind. I bought this car to enjoy it, not tip toe around it in fear that I may wear it out. Plus, you can always replace it down the road if you think it's necessary.

Remember, enjoy it now so you don't regret never enjoying it at all.
For that matter, I suppose I shouldn't tiptoe around potholes, stick to oil changes or wax it either. I can always spend money down the road on those issues as well. But if I were to suggest that I actually can both enjoy my car and take care of it at the same time - as if the two were not mutually exclusive - I'd sure like to avoid a similar fate with the left side bolster on my Miata that cost me enough hundreds to repanel after only two years. Enjoy now, pay later works well until later becomes now, so it's like to avoid that philosophy. Call me crazy, but after sinking a negotiated $22,200 plus doc, title and tax in a new car, I'd like to actually take care of it. I sort of thought that's why this forum was here.

Doc_C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
For that matter, I suppose I shouldn't tiptoe around potholes, stick to oil changes or wax it either. I can always spend money down the road on those issues as well. But if I were to suggest that I actually can both enjoy my car and take care of it at the same time - as if the two were not mutually exclusive - I'd sure like to avoid a similar fate with the left side bolster on my Miata that cost me enough hundreds to repanel after only two years. Enjoy now, pay later works well until later becomes now, so it's like to avoid that philosophy. Call me crazy, but after sinking a negotiated $22,200 plus doc, title and tax in a new car, I'd like to actually take care of it. I sort of thought that's why this forum was here.
They are mutually exclusive as what you listed would prevent your car from being usable. Asinine comparison really.

As you've pointed out your Miata has met a similar fate as many seats do, it appears that it's a losing battle. Seats are essentially a "consumable", like brakes. Don't want to wear them out? Don't drive it.

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Short of covering them with plastic and looking like the living room set your grandparents had in the 60s, there is not much that can be done. I dont see them being as bad as PVC, Leather, or Pleather as far as wear goes. I do get in and out with some care/respect to the seats, steering wheel, and sills but I don't stress long term wear as its going to happen anyway.

OP
OP
Leef

Leef

First Name
Leef
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
I try being careful with these lower bolsters too. Hard to do with this low slung car. To protect the fabric from wear, I place a black microfibre towel on that lower left bolster after exiting the car, and remove it after I’m seated again, and then place it on the center armrest to protect that lousy fabric from dirt. Great car, but the upholstery is lacking

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Just enjoy the car. Seats wear out after a decade or so. Not much you can do.
Sponsored