Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now!

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
That's exactly what John said. Then I told him that I did lubricate them with Fel-Pro C5A anti-seize.
Well that is quite interesting. I've never has a tip clamp bind up on me in all my years here with antisieze. Sorry it happened!

JSmoothBui

Jims_CTR
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R - 16626 - Championship White
Country flag

Sound clips of my HKS catless downpipe with AWE Touring Edition exhaust!

Exhaust still needs some more time to break in, so I will record more sound clips later on

Stay tune @Jims_CTR on Instagram

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Sound clips of my HKS catless downpipe with AWE Touring Edition exhaust!

Exhaust still needs some more time to break in, so I will record more sound clips later on

Stay tune @Jims_CTR on Instagram
sounds good man :) love those wheels lol...good thing you kept them

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
I had the pleasure of hearing this exhaust in person at their HQ before the holidays. They even took me for a ride in the shop car (I’m local) Thanks guys!

Right after that put on an HKS Legamax.

For anyone that doesn’t know I’ve pretty much tried every exhaust on this car that I could get my hands on.

The AWE is louder, and reminds me of the milltek but louder. I had the milltek track recently. The difference though is that at the higher rpm where the milltek has an intolerable whoosh sound the AWE just has increased volume. Also this exhaust does not have that rattling sound that _many_ exhausts do.

Within the interior there is no drone outside of what is normal in this car, which exists even in stock form. Interior volume is surprisingly quiet for such a loud exhaust.

The only con is a resonance that can happen at around 2500-2700 rpm with partial throttle and deceleration. It’s not drone but cabin resonance, but only under a very specific scenario that one can avoid.

Compared with the HKS, the AWE Is louder and has a different tone. I ended up keeping the HKS because I didn’t want the loudness. As many would attest the HKS is a notch above stock. Many people wish it was louder. I’ll note that I have an RV6 front pipe and it sounds great overall, keeping my sanity intact (my two kids ride with me).

Aside from that, If your looking for an exhaust that is louder than the HKS, has minimal drone, and good interior sound volume this is the exhaust for you.

The AWE should be your first choice If your considering the Greddy, AFE, Invidia, Milltek, or Thermal exhausts.

Last edited:

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Sharing a sound clip/review video here for those interested! Car is owned by my friend Eddy, ig: @ezgul1_r and I'm hoping to grab more sound clips of this car once he starts his 2020 track season this spring .

Man I wish bmspec still sold that splitter and gurney flap.

I'm getting apr's. Not as good but better than nothing

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Trying to find a link to direct order on your website but I don't see it. How much is it from your site and how much would the 15% take off? Looking for a direct link to order. Thanks,

Our annual Holiday Special Pricing Event is now live. Get 15% off an AWE Exhaust for your Civic until Jan. 2, valid direct and through participating AWE dealers.

Click here to get equipped.

AWE-15-OFF-1080x1350.png

JSmoothBui

Jims_CTR
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R - 16626 - Championship White
Country flag

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag

turboR

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR #18775 / 2002 NB Miata (track car)
Country flag
I had the pleasure of hearing this exhaust in person at their HQ before the holidays. They even took me for a ride in the shop car (I’m local) Thanks guys!

Right after that put on an HKS Legamax.

For anyone that doesn’t know I’ve pretty much tried every exhaust on this car that I could get my hands on.

The AWE is louder, and reminds me of the milltek but louder. I had the milltek track recently. The difference though is that at the higher rpm where the milltek has an intolerable whoosh sound the AWE just has increased volume. Also this exhaust does not have that rattling sound that _many_ exhausts do.

Within the interior there is no drone outside of what is normal in this car, which exists even in stock form. Interior volume is surprisingly quiet for such a loud exhaust.

The only con is a resonance that can happen at around 2500-2700 rpm with partial throttle and deceleration. It’s not drone but cabin resonance, but only under a very specific scenario that one can avoid.

Compared with the HKS, the AWE Is louder and has a different tone. I ended up keeping the HKS because I didn’t want the loudness. As many would attest the HKS is a notch above stock. Many people wish it was louder. I’ll note that I have an RV6 front pipe and it sounds great overall, keeping my sanity intact (my two kids ride with me).

Aside from that, If your looking for an exhaust that is louder than the HKS, has minimal drone, and good interior sound volume this is the exhaust for you.

The AWE should be your first choice If your considering the Greddy, AFE, Invidia, Milltek, or Thermal exhausts.
Have you by chance had the Remus exhaust? I currently have the HKS Spec-L and its too quiet for me, although ZERO drone. I hated the Greddy as it droned way too much, so I am leaning toward the Remus so I can control it. AWE seems like a good inbetween, but after being scarred so badly from the Greddy I think I want something I can alter on the fly.

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
Yes. The Remus valve closed sounded lil meh. The valve open can be too loud. The AWE is in between for sure but I think its better because it always sounds great with minimal drone, while sounding surprisingly quiet (compared to others) inside. I think sound volume wise it’s exactly what many people want.

turboR

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR #18775 / 2002 NB Miata (track car)
Country flag
Yes. The Remus valve closed sounded lil meh. The valve open can be too loud. The AWE is in between for sure but I think its better because it always sounds great with minimal drone, while sounding surprisingly quiet (compared to others) inside. I think sound volume wise it’s exactly what many people want.
Thanks for the feedback! I am like you and go through so many exhausts to find the one I like. On my old Evo X I went thought at least 5 haha. The only other ones I am currently debating besides the Remus and AWE are the Borla and 27WON. I plan on running a Catless DP and do NOT want to deal with any drone, don't mind if its loud from outside the car. I just cant deal with any drone during my commutes, which involve long uphill grades at the exact RMPs that typically induce drone lol. Since you have been though so many, I'd like to know out of all of those which one you think would suit me best.
Sponsored