10gCiViC

British Columbia Guru
First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si / 1972 Gran Torino 351CJ-4V
Watts and speaker number mean nothing . This say nothing about quality of the systems.
True. My 9 speaker Bose is only 240w and is phenomenal
Sponsored

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is it possible to put a CD player in the rear and either swap the OEM dashboard with something else?
CD's? What are those. But seriously I don't know anyone who still uses a CD player when a USB drive will store everything you have and you can make your own playlists.

OP
OP
10gCiViC

10gCiViC

British Columbia Guru
First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CD's? What are those. But seriously I don't know anyone who still uses a CD player when a USB drive will store everything you have and you can make your own playlists.
That's one thing I absolutely hate about my current car (Mazda3). CD player is plopped ahead of the gear shifter, taking up valuable room. Haven't used it once in 3 years.

Nessism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T Civic
Country flag
Watts and speaker number mean nothing . This say nothing about quality of the systems.
Agree!

And speaking of poor sound quality, standard bitrate mp3's have very poor audio fidelity. Maybe the Civic audio system is designed with this in mind? (kidding). I'm an old dog that remembers the phonograph. I recently bought some nice Klipsch speakers and playing mp3's through them using my phone sounds worse than a tin can on a string.

OP
OP
10gCiViC

10gCiViC

British Columbia Guru
First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
By the way, where's the factory "sub" in the premium versions ?

Eman

First Name
Eman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Can anyone confirm if Honda speakers are using 4 ohm or 2 ohm speakers? As with most factory installed speakers I cannot stand the audio quality. I was NOT impressed with 10 speaker Bose system in my Infiniti, even with Bose sub base was not deep and punchy. My crappy old car with 4 x 75w JL and Diamond Audio components with a 250W JL W7 was the best system I ever had. Clear, nice mid, crisp high and low bass without any distortion... well more like VERY low distoration. I see guys with pair of 15" s and their base is muffled with horrable vibration noise, I just look and smile.

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
The 452 watt stereo is awful really. I think it actually has 45.2 watts... if that..... the other 406.8 watts must be used to power the built it rattle near the subwoofer ....

Bizenboat

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback, 1993 Saab 900 Turbo
swapped out my door speakers to JL C2 650's, I have a sub, and amp, but I'm waiting till I swap out the head unit and am able to find time to make a box that'll fit in the side of the hatch, or in the spare tire area.

rey2300

Rey23
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #01928
Country flag
I'm not impressed with the system to be honest. The Bose system in my Infiniti was much better. The highs are very crisp but you can't even tell there is a subwoofer. I plan on swapping out the sub in the near future to see if that helps.

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
I'm not impressed with the system to be honest. The Bose system in my Infiniti was much better. The highs are very crisp but you can't even tell there is a subwoofer. I plan on swapping out the sub in the near future to see if that helps.
Agreed. i m looking to add an underseat subwoofer to fill in the lows. Honda really missed the mark on this sound system.

planedriver

First Name
Andras
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5 Sport Plus
Country flag
Audio quality is highly dependant on the source. FM radios sound crappy due to the fact that most stations are using highly compressed files.

I use lossles FLAC from Tidal - which sounds good - with the bluetooth being the most limiting factor in the setup.

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
That's what I was wondering too. I guess their own brand.
The OEM speakers are manufactured by Pioneer. These aren't anything like you'd get if you bought Pioneer speakers from a retailer. These are made by Pioneer to OEM specs and are exceedingly cheap.

IDriveACivic

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
The OEM speakers are manufactured by Pioneer. These aren't anything like you'd get if you bought Pioneer speakers from a retailer. These are made by Pioneer to OEM specs and are exceedingly cheap.
Would you say the same applies for "Bose", "Fender", and "Harman Kardon" sound systems in other car brands?

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
Would you say the same applies for "Bose", "Fender", and "Harman Kardon" sound systems in other car brands?
I don't think this is comparable. Honda doesn't advertise Pioneer speakers, they advertise it as premium audio. Pioneer just happens to be the contractor they chose to make their speakers.
Sponsored