Premium amplifier out wiring harness?

whataboutism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
I need to put in a DSP because the touring amp DSP is crap as everyone has observed. Does anyone make a harness with the special connectors that go into the aamp so I can insert a High level to line level converter?
Sponsored

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
I need to put in a DSP because the touring amp DSP is crap as everyone has observed. Does anyone make a harness with the special connectors that go into the aamp so I can insert a High level to line level converter?
im making a mod , this allows to connect EQ or any audio processor, the mod cost around $125 and requires to ship the amp . This mod is for the type r .

OP
OP

whataboutism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
im making a mod , this allows to connect EQ or any audio processor, the mod cost around $125 and requires to ship the amp . This mod is for the type r .
Did they put the dsp and the power amp on different pcbs? I'm mildly handy with a soldering iron. I have a 17 Touring sedan. Not sure if type R is a lot different? Thanks,

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Did they put the dsp and the power amp on different pcbs? I'm mildly handy with a soldering iron. I have a 17 Touring sedan. Not sure if type R is a lot different? Thanks,
are two boards, one board power amp, is class D amp, 12 channels, the other as the preamp.
Be careful the traces are very small, I use a microscope.

Regards.

Iceyankee-Tsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR
Country flag
Hi guys, im looking for a similar wiring harness based solution. I would like not to cut the vehicle speaker harness to tie into the speakers. Even knowing where to get a new amp 18-pin male connector and corresponding female connector with pins would work. This way all the connections can be done between these connectors instead of cutting into the factory harness. Does anybody know the honda part numbers for these connectors?

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Hi guys, im looking for a similar wiring harness based solution. I would like not to cut the vehicle speaker harness to tie into the speakers. Even knowing where to get a new amp 18-pin male connector and corresponding female connector with pins would work. This way all the connections can be done between these connectors instead of cutting into the factory harness. Does anybody know the honda part numbers for these connectors?
The mod I'm doing allows to hook up a DSP or Equalizer , the OEM amp needs to be shipped for the mod and came back with : Front , Rear , center inputs and Front, and center outputs.
The inputs and outputs are RCA Male connectors .

The mod cost around $260 , doesn't include the shipping back and forth.

Regards

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
Even knowing where to get a new amp 18-pin male connector and corresponding female connector with pins would work.
I did this, but it cost about $250. For the male connector, I had to get part number 32117-TBA-B00, and for the female side, I got a used amp from a wrecked Accord and took the plug out of it. More details here.

Metra now makes an adapter that gives you the female side, AX-AB-HN1. Except that it has no pins in the power and ground positions, so the OEM amp wouldn't work. But the subwoofer pins on the other side of the connector should be identical so you could move those over, or buy two AX-AB-HN1's and take them out of one to put in the other.

But, I've yet to see a cheap source for the male side, unfortunately. A lot of Honda's connectors are made by JAE (Japan Aviation Electronics), but not this one apparently. I've looked on digikey.com and mouser.com and can't find anything that looks like what we need. I even emailed Mouser a picture and they said they didn't have anything that would work.

Back when I did mine, there were no wrecked Civics around yet, but now that there are, I think I'd try to find someone parting one out on eBay and ask them to sell you the male connector. Anything they'll take that's less than the $236 the 32117-TBA-B00 costs would be a savings. They're unlikely to realize the only way to get that connector from Honda is to buy the entire dash wiring harness, so I'm guessing they wouldn't charge too much for one.

Last edited:

Iceyankee-Tsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR
Country flag
Thanks Josby:

Thats exactly what I was looking for. No doubt that searching for the wrecked civic would probably a way to go for the male connector. But it really surprises me that a male plug would be so difficult to find with it añready existing in the harness. I didnt check but a will pay a close look to the connector to see if there are any indications of the manufacturer.

Thanks for the head start...this is very useful.

I did this, but it cost about $250. For the male connector, I had to get part number 32117-TBA-B00, and for the female side, I got a used amp from a wrecked Accord and took the plug out of it. More details here.

Metra now makes an adapter that gives you the female side, AX-AB-HN1. Except that it has no pins in the power and ground positions, so the OEM amp wouldn't work. But the subwoofer pins on the other side of the connector should be identical so you could move those over, or buy two AX-AB-HN1's and take them out of one to put in the other.

But, I've yet to see a cheap source for the male side, unfortunately. A lot of Honda's connectors are made by JAE (Japan Aviation Electronics), but not this one apparently. I've looked on digikey.com and mouser.com and can't find anything that looks like what we need. I even emailed Mouser a picture and they said they didn't have anything that would work.

Back when I did mine, there were no wrecked Civics around yet, but now that there are, I think I'd try to find someone parting one out on eBay and ask them to sell you the male connector. Anything they'll take that's less than the $236 the 32117-TBA-B00 costs would be a savings. They're unlikely to realize the only way to get that connector from Honda is to buy the entire dash wiring harness, so I'm guessing they wouldn't charge too much for one.
Sponsored