_.berr

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
As the title says, I'm having a problem were Im hearing this noise kinda like the spring is loose in the front. I'm maxed out on BC Extreme Low 24k all around. My problem is that my front feels a bit bumpy. I wanted to give probably 1cm of preload will that affect my height?
Sponsored

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
It might. But you really only need enough pressure between the spring and perch to prevent them shifting at full droop.

OP
OP
_.berr

_.berr

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
It might. But you really only need enough pressure between the spring and perch to prevent them shifting at full droop.
I messaged BC to see what they would say. Looking back my driver side spring I was able to grab it & spin it. It wasn't like it was able to go up & down more of a grab & spin. Might have to do my preload again but wanted some input before I do this.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Spinning in place isn't necessarily a problem at full droop. The upper mount/bearing should allow for some rotation. You're specifically looking for spring movement. If it can move up/down or side-to-side, that usually indicates insufficient preload.

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
As the title says, I'm having a problem were Im hearing this noise kinda like the spring is loose in the front. I'm maxed out on BC Extreme Low 24k all around. My problem is that my front feels a bit bumpy. I wanted to give probably 1cm of preload will that affect my height?

My man, those are some nice spring rates!

Alright lets get into it! You probably messed with the preload when lowering the car. Remember when you lower it unlock that bottom locking ring and spin the whole assembly with your hand to raise it or lower it. So this is what you can do, unlock that bottom perch again. Them loosen the bottom perch the spring sits on. Make sure the spring is completely loose and doesnt have any tension on it. take that perch that the spring sits on and tighten it till its snug up with spring. You should be able to freely spin the spring but not move it up and down. From there add about 5mm of preload (measure the spring before preload then add 5mm of preload). You should be able to still spin that spring but remember it shouldnt move up and down. Also give BC a call and ask them when the spring is snug how much preload in mm do I add. I know i added about that much and i had 0 issues with front of my bc coils. Bro any questions hit me up on IG @moorelow

OP
OP
_.berr

_.berr

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
My man, those are some nice spring rates!

Alright lets get into it! You probably messed with the preload when lowering the car. Remember when you lower it unlock that bottom locking ring and spin the whole assembly with your hand to raise it or lower it. So this is what you can do, unlock that bottom perch again. Them loosen the bottom perch the spring sits on. Make sure the spring is completely loose and doesnt have any tension on it. take that perch that the spring sits on and tighten it till its snug up with spring. You should be able to freely spin the spring but not move it up and down. From there add about 5mm of preload (measure the spring before preload then add 5mm of preload). You should be able to still spin that spring but remember it shouldnt move up and down. Also give BC a call and ask them when the spring is snug how much preload in mm do I add. I know i added about that much and i had 0 issues with front of my bc coils. Bro any questions hit me up on IG @moorelow
Sent you a DM ig is_.berr
Sponsored