First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't get me wrong folks, I know I will be getting this car because it is fun, and because it's a freaking Type R. A fun car is a fun car, and should be treated as such. But since I am considering this vehicle becoming my new daily driver, my practical side kicks in.

I could just get the sport hatch and be done with it. But I also acknowledge that if I don't get the Type R, I am going to regret it.

Thanks for all of the input folks. :)
This was the reason I bought my type R. I knew I would regret it later. I was originally looking to get the sport touring. I think financially that model would have been the best deal (fuel economy, price, practicality, automatic for traffic) and came with a lot of the bells and whistles I wanted. But, I knew I would have got the "mod" bug and would've spent a bunch of money to get it not even close to the type R in performance and looks. I'm a car guy that has owned over 500 cars doing a lot of restorations and engine building. It's nice to have something already fast out of the box before I even touched it .
I get so many compliments and discussions with this car. And because I'm a car guy I love to share my appreciation of its build with others yet stay humble about it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
This was the reason I bought my type R. I knew I would regret it later. I was originally looking to get the sport touring. I think financially that model would have been the best deal (fuel economy, price, practicality, automatic for traffic) and came with a lot of the bells and whistles I wanted. But, I knew I would have got the "mod" bug and would've spent a bunch of money to get it not even close to the type R in performance and looks. I'm a car guy that has owned over 500 cars doing a lot of restorations and engine building. It's nice to have something already fast out of the box before I even touched it .
I get so many compliments and discussions with this car. And because I'm a car guy I love to share my appreciation of its build with others yet stay humble about it.
Get it, buy 18s so your long term cost thru 8 years will be cheaper and be more comfortable as a daily. Then just drive it. Don’t worry about it being not 110% clean, or that your wearing out the seats, or whatever else. Just drive the shit out if it and enjoy.