First Name
Ribardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looking to see what else could add power to the car of course, already ordered an CAI and Ktuner, going to order a Intercooler from PRL within the next few weeks. After that what would be some good things to order to get more ponys and also what sites are good to order from??
Sponsored

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
Appreciate the car in stock form. The engine is just too small to go down this road. When you spend all the money you possibly can you still wont have a car worthy of a base Toyota Camry as far as point A to Point B. Save your money!

caspar21

2018 Civic Si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
We need a counterpoint here;
Hondas are probably the most modifiable car our there.
KTuner is the best bang per buck you can get for your si. good call.

The next thing you will need is a clutch. The stock clutch is weak sauce and is over powered by the power you got coming. it will last a little while or forever depending on how you drive it. but if you drive it hard then you will be wanting to replace it.
If you like a more direct engagement for clutch feel then read up on "clutch delay valve delete"
Shifter kits also help for shifting.

Down pipe and associated hardware would be the next step.
Then flex fuel and a custom tune.(if you have fuel options in your area)
This will put you at or beyond type r levels of power.

As for the "this little motor" comment; the rods in the si were tested by another poster to be stronger than the 2.0L in the type r.
For a lot of us, the Civic is not a point A to point B car, it is a culture and a driving experience.
Ride and Enjoy!

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Looking to see what else could add power to the car of course, already ordered an CAI and Ktuner, going to order a Intercooler from PRL within the next few weeks. After that what would be some good things to order to get more ponys and also what sites are good to order from??
For sure the downpipe will add power. I bought the MAPerformance catless downpipe, injen CAI/ Intercooler and hondata and my car hauls ass right now. Next week i pick up my FX300 clutch and single mass flywheel and Tsp stage 1 tune should be emailed to me. Its gonna Move!!

OP
OP
MrTureelok

MrTureelok

First Name
Ribardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Appreciate the car in stock form. The engine is just too small to go down this road. When you spend all the money you possibly can you still wont have a car worthy of a base Toyota Camry as far as point A to Point B. Save your money!
I actually work for Toyota dealership driving cars and the base camry isn't worthy to be compared to the Si in my opinion for a fully loaded civic tbh

OP
OP
MrTureelok

MrTureelok

First Name
Ribardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For sure the downpipe will add power. I bought the MAPerformance catless downpipe, injen CAI/ Intercooler and hondata and my car hauls ass right now. Next week i pick up my FX300 clutch and single mass flywheel and Tsp stage 1 tune should be emailed to me. Its gonna Move!!
What are some good downpipes out there? I'm not really a know it all guy when it comes to cars but how loud is it cuz I'm in Cali and we just got hit with a "too loud" law lol

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What are some good downpipes out there? I'm not really a know it all guy when it comes to cars but how loud is it cuz I'm in Cali and we just got hit with a "too loud" law lol
Im in socal man and i have an maperformance catless downpipe. Its only loud if you're on boost. If you dont want loud, go catted downpipe. Prl, rv6 and maperformance have good downpipes.

OP
OP
MrTureelok

MrTureelok

First Name
Ribardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im in socal man and i have an maperformance catless downpipe. Its only loud if you're on boost. If you dont want loud, go catted downpipe. Prl, rv6 and maperformance have good downpipes.

I'll look into that and what are some good clutch upgrades after stock? I'm not going to heavily modify my car just looking to maybe go for a dp. Keeping an open mind

OP
OP
MrTureelok

MrTureelok

First Name
Ribardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We need a counterpoint here;
Hondas are probably the most modifiable car our there.
KTuner is the best bang per buck you can get for your si. good call.

The next thing you will need is a clutch. The stock clutch is weak sauce and is over powered by the power you got coming. it will last a little while or forever depending on how you drive it. but if you drive it hard then you will be wanting to replace it.
If you like a more direct engagement for clutch feel then read up on "clutch delay valve delete"
Shifter kits also help for shifting.

Down pipe and associated hardware would be the next step.
Then flex fuel and a custom tune.(if you have fuel options in your area)
This will put you at or beyond type r levels of power.

As for the "this little motor" comment; the rods in the si were tested by another poster to be stronger than the 2.0L in the type r.
For a lot of us, the Civic is not a point A to point B car, it is a culture and a driving experience.
Ride and Enjoy!

That's hella crazy tbh and ik I'm not going to go that far as far as power wise, just looking to be quicker than other 10th gens in my area lol

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'll look into that and what are some good clutch upgrades after stock? I'm not going to heavily modify my car just looking to maybe go for a dp. Keeping an open mind
I would go with the FX300 because the Kevlar on the disc is going to provide you with a more comfortable drive. But I would recommend getting the flywheel along with it like i did. The reason why the fx300 got bad review is because they were using their oem flywheel and or a nonresurfaced flywheel. So i went and purchased the single mass flywheel as well.

OP
OP
MrTureelok

MrTureelok

First Name
Ribardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would go with the FX300 because the Kevlar on the disc is going to provide you with a more comfortable drive. But I would recommend getting the flywheel along with it like i did. The reason why the fx300 got bad review is because they were using their oem flywheel and or a nonresurfaced flywheel. So i went and purchased the single mass flywheel as well.

How much was all that and where'd you buy it? You got bult ons?

Yal

New to the brand
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Trade the car in on a Mustang GT. The other Civic Si owners can do all the same mods.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I actually work for Toyota dealership driving cars and the base camry isn't worthy to be compared to the Si in my opinion for a fully loaded civic tbh
They are two different cars, have different purposes and serve different demographics. As a long time Toyota owner, I agree they should not be compared, apples and oranges. Now as a person who added a Honda to the family, wants to keep my Si as close to stock as possible but get more driving pleasure out of it and a bit more performance without having to break the bank (or the engine for that matter), you can see my thread on 3 performance mods you can do that really improved my experience, kept my hands clean, and didn't hurt my wallet, or you can go the bolt on route, which I imagine can get pricey
Sponsored

Last edited: