Litfuse

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered CTR
Country flag
If you end up not pulling the trigger on the CTR, I'm sure there are some folks browsing the forum who would gladly take your place for $2k+ under MSRP lol
Yes, I figured someone would take my spot rather quickly. Lol.

I’m still going back and forth. Tough choice.
Sponsored

xGreyWorm

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
If you are wanting the 2 car option with regards to reliability why not a newer Si and a ND Miata instead of the VW? Just a thought. The Si could be a fun daily and you could modify the ND Miata for track days. The Si is a solid platform grant-it it’s not a type r but then you have a daily and a track car. Good luck with your decision.

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
Hello CTR owners, I’m looking for advice. I put a deposit on CTR two Friday’s ago to pick the car up the next day. The dealership had the car advertised for just over $2k off MSRP. I test drove the car and enjoyed it. The manager came over and said they made a mistake on the price and would only honor it if I immediately purchased the car. I told the manager I was test driving other cars (GTI, Miata, Mustang GT, Camaro SS 1LE) and that I would make a decision later that night. Later that evening I put a deposit on the car, to only find out they sold it out from me the next day before I arrived at my 4:00pm scheduled time. The manager explained it was an honest mistake and would get me another one for the same price, including another $500 off. From my understanding, $2500 is pretty unheard of for a new CTR. I also enjoyed the GTI and the Miata. My wife said, why don’t you just get a new GTI and a new Miata instead of the CTR? Good thought.

A little background is in order. I have owned over 50 cars in the last 15 years. I get bored easy and trade up often. However, I need to stop this and just enjoy the car I get. I have owned a wide range of cars from a Lotus Elise S2000, Mustangs, GTOs, and several Miatas. I always modify my cars as I do enjoy working on them. So, do I go with just a CTR, or get two cars and get the GTI and the Miata?
Hi, I own a Mustang specific shop and I tune them daily for people all over the country. (HBH in Maryland) I still currently own 3 (93' Cobra, 04' Cobra and a 13' Boss 302 Laguna Seca) yet I have a 19' Type R that is my daily driver because it is so well rounded! Get one and you will love it too!! Great handling and braking and more than adequate power. I absolutely love mine, I just bought it a couple of months ago.

OP
OP

Litfuse

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered CTR
Country flag
Hi, I own a Mustang specific shop and I tune them daily for people all over the country. (HBH in Maryland) I still currently own 3 (93' Cobra, 04' Cobra and a 13' Boss 302 Laguna Seca) yet I have a 19' Type R that is my daily driver because it is so well rounded! Get one and you will love it too!! Great handling and braking and more than adequate power. I absolutely love mine, I just bought it a couple of months ago.
Thanks for the reply. I do think I will enjoy the car. Will you ever begin tuning Type Rs, considering your background?

darrvao777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR, '18 G550
Country flag
Hello CTR owners, I’m looking for advice. I put a deposit on CTR two Friday’s ago to pick the car up the next day. The dealership had the car advertised for just over $2k off MSRP. I test drove the car and enjoyed it. The manager came over and said they made a mistake on the price and would only honor it if I immediately purchased the car. I told the manager I was test driving other cars (GTI, Miata, Mustang GT, Camaro SS 1LE) and that I would make a decision later that night. Later that evening I put a deposit on the car, to only find out they sold it out from me the next day before I arrived at my 4:00pm scheduled time. The manager explained it was an honest mistake and would get me another one for the same price, including another $500 off. From my understanding, $2500 is pretty unheard of for a new CTR. I also enjoyed the GTI and the Miata. My wife said, why don’t you just get a new GTI and a new Miata instead of the CTR? Good thought.

A little background is in order. I have owned over 50 cars in the last 15 years. I get bored easy and trade up often. However, I need to stop this and just enjoy the car I get. I have owned a wide range of cars from a Lotus Elise S2000, Mustangs, GTOs, and several Miatas. I always modify my cars as I do enjoy working on them. So, do I go with just a CTR, or get two cars and get the GTI and the Miata?
I was thinking about the GTI and the Miata (albeit not combined) before ultimately deciding on the CTR.

I always favor simplicity, I find it's a headache when owning (and trying to keep them clean) multiple cars. Without question, the CTR is the best car amongst the GTI and Miata for my driving usage (daily driver) so I opted for the CTR

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
Thanks for the reply. I do think I will enjoy the car. Will you ever begin tuning Type Rs, considering your background?
I'm definitely going to calibrate mine in the future using Hondata. I'm very familiar with it after calibrating my own 09' SI and a few others. It's just hard to find time with a shop full of Mustangs!

OP
OP

Litfuse

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered CTR
Country flag
I'm definitely going to calibrate mine in the future using Hondata. I'm very familiar with it after calibrating my own 09' SI and a few others. It's just hard to find time with a shop full of Mustangs!
Lol. That’s a good problem to have!
Sponsored