OP
OP

Wookiewok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Country flag
Thanks for the comments all. I'm still debating over a few trims and trying to narrow things down. The versatility of the hatchback is appealing, but I think that I'm leaning toward wanting a trim with the 7-inch infotainment setup. I know that I can get that in the 2019 EX (no volume knob), or the 2020 Sport hatch (volume knob :) ), but don't know if that's the route for me. What's the word on the 2020 Sport hatch with the premium gas? It is recommended or required?

So, I think I'm looking at either a 2019 EX sedan or a 2019 Sport sedan. Pros/cons to either from owners? As stated, I'm in a climate with a winter but my drive to work is 8 miles through city or 16 miles highway. Will have shorter trips to grocery stores and things on occasion though. Would I be smelling gas in my garage/car? Or is that only if the short trips are the regular occurrence?

Thanks
Sponsored

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
The hatchback has more headroom in the rear seats......and it fits a small refrigerator...:yes: or a bicycle....

With all this oil dilution issue.... I'm so worried I would happily buy another 1.5T civic if I needed one. And I haven't been doing almost any longer trips recently. I would buy a new CR-V rwith no hesitation.

Btw. to me recommended and required octane is the same thing. As the mob boss Remo says: "Look.... why take a chance? At least that's the way I feel about it."

At 1:08:

nothome17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 is 350 F
Country flag
Put all the information you have gathered and now test it out. Go out and test drive the heck out of the car, always test drive. Bring your stroller, luggage, car seat. etc make sure they all fit.

OP
OP

Wookiewok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Country flag
Put all the information you have gathered and now test it out. Go out and test drive the heck out of the car, always test drive. Bring your stroller, luggage, car seat. etc make sure they all fit.
Yeah, I think that's about where I'm at. I'm finally to the point where I've got a grasp on all of the trims and whatnot. About time to gather the family and some gear and go see what works and what doesn't.

SiFever

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2019 Jeep Rubicon 2 Door MT
Country flag
@Wookiewok I went from a Sonata to the Civic sedan, and like you I have two still in booster seats. Absolutely no issues with space. Have even had four adults in it, and no complaints. I went with the Touring, as I prefer leather seats for ease of cleanup when the kids make a mess. Bought a used 2017, and only had for about a month, so not long enough to notice any dilution issues. I debated for a few weeks over the Civic, as, like you, I was concerned about the oil dilution. But after lots of research, I felt it wasnā€™t enough of a concern for me. I love the stereo, but the tweeters definitely need to be updated.
The new 10th Gen Civic is HUGE!

This is no longer a compact car, it is at least a mid-size, or even full. The sales and service guys at the dealership readily acknowledged this, with smiles and amazement. I once compared my old 3rd gen civic to a Mini Cooper, they have the same wheelbase and track, the Mini only looks smaller because of the shorter overhangs and the inset cabin.

DI is not a problem for the Turbo engine, the vast majority of drivers won't notice a thing.

As for the stock sound system, it is weak. The upgrade Alpine stereo in my Jeep is *much* nicer, the Civic will benefit from any aftermarket sound upgrades you choose to install.

@OP, just do some test drives, and find what works for you; when you drive it, you will know.

Homer2556

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Touring sedan (mine), '12 Ody Touring Elite (the wife's)
Country flag
@SiFever I'm still amazed at the space available in the CivX. Itā€™s definitely smaller than my Sonata, but I was spoiled by its size. The Sonata is a large car classified as a full size. But I had an ā€˜08 Civic sedan prior, and a ā€˜95 Accord sedan before that, so the smaller 10th gen doesnā€™t bother me at all. And the ~40% gain in fuel economy certainly makes it easier to stomach. The wifeā€™s Ody is the family car, so itā€™s unlikely the five of us would be in it at the same time.

So far, in the month or so that Iā€™ve owned it, Iā€™m averaging 35.7 mpg, according to Fuelly. I was getting 26-27 with the Sonata.

Mae22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatch Sport Touring Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
Thanks for the comments all. I'm still debating over a few trims and trying to narrow things down. The versatility of the hatchback is appealing, but I think that I'm leaning toward wanting a trim with the 7-inch infotainment setup. I know that I can get that in the 2019 EX (no volume knob), or the 2020 Sport hatch (volume knob :) ),
The '19's have a volume knob. '18 and prior don't.

alias Igme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo 156, Honda Civic (1.5t hatchback)
Country flag
Backspace seat in the hatchback is (imo) quite spacious for a compact. Legroom is one of the more spacious among all the cars iā€™ve owned including the wifeā€™s fortuner (then again, I canā€™t even remember when i last sit in the back seat).

If you will travel with the kids, the hatch space will come in handy for the strollers and other stuffs.

OP
OP

Wookiewok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Country flag
So, update. Made the choice to go with a 2020 EX hatchback in Rallye Red. I'll be picking it up next week. Thanks for the comments all.
Sponsored