Post your tinted windows

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2014 Honda Civic EX-L Navi
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you're in California, be ware that it's suppose to have 70% pass through legally in the front windows only, the back can any tint %. When I get my new Civic, I would probably do 50+% for the front Windows and 35+% in for the back/rear. I'd rather keep it light and legal.
Actually I have measured the front windows untinted and were consistent at 74% for both sides. With that it would be illegal to tint the front windows on the CivicX in Cal. However, the perception also has to do with the color of your car and interior color. Dark interiors will make a tint look darker and vice versa. I have 14 Civic with black interior and higher VLT than my 16 and my 16 looks lighter due to the lighter grey interior. Honest tint shops will tell you that you can't tint the front Windows but most will with whatever you want.

FYI. The rear Windows are 78%.
Sponsored

thepixelsedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Ya, I'm in Canada (Ontario) and here the law is no limit on back windows, front windows should be 35% at the darkest... The shop I went to warned me that going with 20% on the front would be "slightly" illegal but said if I sign a waiver, they'll put on whatever I want. So I went with 20 in the front and 5 in the back as u can see in my pic above.

If a cop stops me I'll say it's 35 but looks darker due to the all black interior. Besides, I have friends in law enforcement and I asked a few of them about this law and how often they pull people over for it and they said they call it a "piss off police charge." Apparently this means by itself, the tint won't get you pulled over BUT if you get pulled over for something else and you're being a dick, then they'll nail you on it as well as any other little thing they can.

Jay Jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 2016
:mad::mad:
Ya, I'm in Canada (Ontario) and here the law is no limit on back windows, front windows should be 35% at the darkest... The shop I went to warned me that going with 20% on the front would be "slightly" illegal but said if I sign a waiver, they'll put on whatever I want. So I went with 20 in the front and 5 in the back as u can see in my pic above.

If a cop stops me I'll say it's 35 but looks darker due to the all black interior. Besides, I have friends in law enforcement and I asked a few of them about this law and how often they pull people over for it and they said they call it a "piss off police charge." Apparently this means by itself, the tint won't get you pulled over BUT if you get pulled over for something else and you're being a dick, then they'll nail you on it as well as any other little thing they can.
Wow 35% in the front in Ontario heh? Here in Quebec 70% is the limit :mad: I still put50% but 35% would be too dark here, i already got stop by law enforcement a couple of times in the past for putting tints that were too dark.

Furious85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag

Actually I have measured the front windows untinted and were consistent at 74% for both sides. With that it would be illegal to tint the front windows on the CivicX in Cal. However, the perception also has to do with the color of your car and interior color. Dark interiors will make a tint look darker and vice versa. I have 14 Civic with black interior and higher VLT than my 16 and my 16 looks lighter due to the lighter grey interior. Honest tint shops will tell you that you can't tint the front Windows but most will with whatever you want.

FYI. The rear Windows are 78%.
I agree, when I had my tinting done on previous cars the shop said it was illegal but that most cops won't pull you over for that reason alone. I'd still prefer to keep my tints light as possible plus it's harder to see with dark tints.

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can always use Air 80 for the front 2 side windows. Will look like it has no tint but a subtle change of shade. Will give you better protection and TSER than a 40% tint and keep it clear. For those that want to keep a clear tint but have protection.

Suntek CXP 80 is another less expensive option.

JoeNeis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows 2016.2
15% in the side windows 5% back windshield

TChewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Cosmic Blue, 2014 Mazda CX-5
Looks super dark in the first pictures but doesn't really seem that dark. Tinted from dealer, 35% front (AZ legal) and they claim 17% rear. Might get the front redone to match the rear if I can somehow find exact match tint.

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows 0405161803a

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks super dark in the first pictures but doesn't really seem that dark. Tinted from dealer, 35% front (AZ legal) and they claim 17% rear. Might get the front redone to match the rear if I can somehow find exact match tint.

It looks lighter due to the lighter interior. I have lighter tint on my 14 Civic with black interior and it looks darker. Do the windshield as it make a big difference. Windshield choices in order are 3M Crystalline Ceramic, Llumar CTX Air80. I tried Suntan CXP Carbon 80 before and didn't like it due to haze and selection. I have the Air 80 and you can't even tell its there. I've seen the Crystalline and they look great too. Crystalline is twice the price of Air80 though.

TChewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Cosmic Blue, 2014 Mazda CX-5
It looks lighter due to the lighter interior. I have lighter tint on my 14 Civic with black interior and it looks darker. Do the windshield as it make a big difference. Windshield choices in order are 3M Crystalline Ceramic, Llumar CTX Air80. I tried Suntan CXP Carbon 80 before and didn't like it due to haze and selection. I have the Air 80 and you can't even tell its there. I've seen the Crystalline and they look great too. Crystalline is twice the price of Air80 though.
Hmmm interesting. In AZ it's illegal to have anything on the windshield except the strip down to AS1 line so don't think anyone would do this. I've had 5% on a previous car and even though that looked nice, it was just way too dark to see very well. I think it's really just my OCD to have all windows match. :D

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hmmm interesting. In AZ it's illegal to have anything on the windshield except the strip down to AS1 line so don't think anyone would do this. I've had 5% on a previous car and even though that looked nice, it was just way too dark to see very well. I think it's really just my OCD to have all windows match. :D
Lol....nice to have matching windows but also nice to have step down. Not as noticeable that you have front tints if it is step down and the 35 you have with 17 rear is the just the right compliment. As far as the windshield, you can't even tell its there it is so clear...but you get similar heat rejection put to 43%. The windshield is where most of the sun and heat enter the car.

Crystaline comes in 90 or 70. CTX comes in 80.
Sponsored