Post Your Aftermarket Wheel/Tire setup on Stock Suspension

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
Question for the class, I'm assuming everyone is running hub adapters for their aftermarket wheels? Did you go plastic or aluminum?

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can I ask a question? Are lug adapters safe to use to convert 5x114.3 to 5x100?
Safe is relative depending on some factors. If you are using QUALITY hubcentric adapters yes. Keep in mind adapters will add 20-30mm which will effectively make a 18x8 +50 wheel be + 20-30. So adding a adapter is just like adding a spacer, it will make the fitment more aggressive.

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Can I ask a question? Are lug adapters safe to use to convert 5x114.3 to 5x100?
Seen too many pics of folks wheels coming off when using adapters or spacers for me to ever consider it. If you do, DO NO GO CHEAP.

Are you not able to find the design you want in 114.3?

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Considering a new car, Subaru however, my snow tires are 5x114.3 to fit my Civic.
keep in mind Subarus dont have a lot of fender room for lower offset setups. If your winter wheels are any lower than +50 you might have a bad time fitting them to a subaru with an adapter. May just be worth selling your steup and buying a new setup since quality adapters are like 200+ anyway.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Question for the class, I'm assuming everyone is running hub adapters for their aftermarket wheels? Did you go plastic or aluminum?
On my old car, I went with aluminum, as I was told that plastic could melt if I tracked the car.

I also swapped out the aftermarket wheels with OEM every year for winter, and I always gave the flange a dose of PB Blaster to minimize dielectric corrosion between the aluminum ring and steel hub flange. They came off fine each time, only needing a whack from a rawhide mallet once or twice.

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Good to know, I went with aluminum. I'll definitely spray them after I've gone through this set of rubber.

splat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Si
Country flag
Yes, OEM center caps. They're 2-3mm too large, but I was able to carefully press them in.

DingusWithACar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatch
Country flag
Hey guys Idk whether I should go fro enkei rpfi 1s on civic hatch. You guys think they will look decent on stock suspension or should I just get another style rim altogether? Thanks
Sponsored