Post your aftermarket wheel/tire set up

Infamy_562

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex, 2009 Civic Si
I'm thinking of putting these on my wifes pearl white civic once I get back from deployment. But I'm debating on either 17's or 18's.

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your aftermarket wheel/tire set up JNC Wheel 005

Kokuryu2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe, 2016 HRV
Vehicle Showcase
Looking into getting some new wheels and tires. I have a couple of questions though.

I found a nice set of lightweight 18x8 wheels with a 50mm offset. Tire rack website says it will fit my coupe. The website selected a 215/45ZR18 tire size to go with that.

Will this combination stick out of the fender too much? I really don't want it sticking our beyond the top of the fender.

I can pick these up at the Tire rack distribution center, so does anyone know if a set of wheels with tires mounted will fit in the truck of the coupe?

kqn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looking into getting some new wheels and tires. I have a couple of questions though.

I found a nice set of lightweight 18x8 wheels with a 50mm offset. Tire rack website says it will fit my coupe. The website selected a 215/45ZR18 tire size to go with that.

Will this combination stick out of the fender too much? I really don't want it sticking our beyond the top of the fender.

I can pick these up at the Tire rack distribution center, so does anyone know if a set of wheels with tires mounted will fit in the truck of the coupe?
My set up is the exact same, you can look at mines as a reference.

mechatune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.slow
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Kokuryu2016 that setup is pretty much stock so it won't stick out. Handling and ride quality will feel like stock too. You'll really only "stick out" at about 9" width and 245 tires.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
*edit* Not sure why I couldn't see peoples answer to your post before I posted this. If people say +50 and 8" work, then there ya go.

I'd be a tad worried about rubbing with 8" wide and more offset than factory. +50mm offset will set them inboard more than a +35mm offset. The closer to 0 you get, the further your wheels stick out.
Honda Civic 10th gen Post your aftermarket wheel/tire set up 52651d1284004269-wheel-tire-tech-thread-wheel_offset

Kokuryu2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the replies everyone. That helps a lot. I haven't really bought aftermarket wheels before so I don't want to waste nearly 2k and not be happy with the results. It sounds like I need to find a different set of wheels that are around 18X9 and don't weigh a ton. The ones I was considering are 17.8 pounds, but from your replies it doesn't sound like it will give me exactly what I wanted. I don't want my ride to be stock, I want to improve the grip and handling as they are the only things I find lacking (besides more power but that's a project for a later time).

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had 18x10 on all 4 corners on my old Mustang with some pretty sticky Nittos. That thing was SOOOO much fun to drive around corners. 9 might be kind of wide for this car tho. With the right tires, 8 will give you plenty of grip with this light of a car. If Cusco has a test car, you can bet there is going to be some nice suspension mods on the horizon. I hear Eibach has springs in development also.

Kokuryu2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I had 18x10 on all 4 corners on my old Mustang with some pretty sticky Nittos. That thing was SOOOO much fun to drive around corners. 9 might be kind of wide for this car tho. With the right tires, 8 will give you plenty of grip with this light of a car. If Cusco has a test car, you can bet there is going to be some nice suspension mods on the horizon. I hear Eibach has springs in development also.
I have been looking online and it seems it is easier to find more options in 8 rather than 9. Some of the nicer designs weigh a lot more though so I may just try the 18s I was considering simply to save the added weight. It would be nice to get a bit more stiffness and a little lower stance so I'm looking forward to seeing what comes out.

I'm still hoping that Mugen makes an exhaust and rear bumper combo with the center pipes. I can dream anyway.

1WickedCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sedan, 2007 Mercedes Benz C230 Sport 6MT
How do you like the tires? I was considering the same ones for some added grip.
I like them a lot! They are pretty grippy & have stiff sidewalls. Night & day difference from the OEM Firestone tires the car came with. The price is right, too, at $122/tire.
Sponsored