Post your aftermarket wheel/tire set up

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
i'm really interested in these wheels for my EX-T... dumb question but will these wheels work with our stock tires or would i have to get new tires?? and if you click on the link it says on the bottom by the notes section that it needs front fender modifications as it's an "agressive fitment"?? any info will help greatly, thanks

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whee...d&showRear=no&packageFlow=false#viewOnVehicle

micha3lwin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CBP EX-T, 2013 CRV EX
Country flag
i'm really interested in these wheels for my EX-T... dumb question but will these wheels work with our stock tires or would i have to get new tires?? and if you click on the link it says on the bottom by the notes section that it needs front fender modifications as it's an "agressive fitment"?? any info will help greatly, thanks

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whee...d&showRear=no&packageFlow=false#viewOnVehicle
IIRC the EX-T comes with 17s therefore yes, you would have to get new tires. It states "may need front fender modifications" because its a wider wheel so you'd have to roll your fenders to avoid any rubbing should you go with a beefy tire.

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
IIRC the EX-T comes with 17s therefore yes, you would have to get new tires. It states "may need front fender modifications" because its a wider wheel so you'd have to roll your fenders to avoid any rubbing should you go with a beefy tire.
thanks for the info, i was thinking tires could fit an inch bigger no problem like strech it lol.. obviously if you have 15s and want to put a 19in rim on there thats crazy but I didn't realize one inch makes a difference.. anyway you mentioned the fender roll.. so if i got thin tires could it work without rolling fender? I want to leave the car as stock as possible

micha3lwin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CBP EX-T, 2013 CRV EX
Country flag
thanks for the info, i was thinking tires could fit an inch bigger no problem like strech it lol.. obviously if you have 15s and want to put a 19in rim on there thats crazy but I didn't realize one inch makes a difference.. anyway you mentioned the fender roll.. so if i got thin tires could it work without rolling fender? I want to leave the car as stock as possible
It might work with thinner tires but that would ultimately affect ride quality. Rolling your fenders is a mod that nobody else will see unless you put your fingers behind the finder and feel for the fender lining. I used to run 17x9s with 215/40/17 tires on my old Si. Rolling the fenders reduced rubbing but in the end, I had to adjust camber to completely eliminate it.

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
It might work with thinner tires but that would ultimately affect ride quality. Rolling your fenders is a mod that nobody else will see unless you put your fingers behind the finder and feel for the fender lining. I used to run 17x9s with 215/40/17 tires on my old Si. Rolling the fenders reduced rubbing but in the end, I had to adjust camber to completely eliminate it.
yeah! great i'll have to order the rims then and have a tire shop help me out with the fender project since i have no idea how i would roll them correctly. damn i wish i could just buy those 18s with new tires and swap them right out lol. everything has to be complicated

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally got my car cleaned up since putting the new rims on! I love them even tho they weren't exactly what I was wanting. I couldn't pass on the price. The one thing I love about this design is they don't make the itty bitty brakes look so itty bitty.

They are Effect brand rims from eBay. $440 shipped for 17x7.5 +40 offset 73.1mm c.bore. I've found a lot of Mazda guys using them and not one "cheap wheel horror story". They seem very well made. They are definitely cast, but they are about 6lbs lighter per rim than the OEM ones. They have a very nice thick clear coat on them also. Overall, I'm impressed! Only bad thing is the center caps are these super cheap plastic stickers. I'll have to replace those eventually.
Honda Civic 10th gen Post your aftermarket wheel/tire set up 2016-05-19-17-40-

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your aftermarket wheel/tire set up 124-

BoringOhio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Here are my new Motegi MR126's (18x8) with a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports in size 235/40/18 on my Crystal Black Pearl '16 Civic Touring. I also had my red Honda/Honda logo caliper covers put on and added Honda logo valve stem caps. Loving them so far. Please excuse my crap photography skills and the reflections.
Honda Civic 10th gen Post your aftermarket wheel/tire set up CivicSideTake2

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your aftermarket wheel/tire set up CivicWithNewWheelsSideB
Honda Civic 10th gen Post your aftermarket wheel/tire set up NewWheels
Honda Civic 10th gen Post your aftermarket wheel/tire set up NewWheels3

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dude, that's sweet. Black wheels on a black car always looks good.

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here are my new Motegi MR126's (18x8) with a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports in size 235/40/18 on my Crystal Black Pearl '16 Civic Touring. I also had my red Honda/Honda logo caliper covers put on and added Honda logo valve stem caps. Loving them so far. Please excuse my crap photography skills and the reflections.
CivicSideTake2.png

CivicWithNewWheelsSideB.png
NewWheels.png
NewWheels3.png
Beautiful. Kinda off topic, but I really need to get those clear sidemarkers. Makes the car look so much better.
Sponsored