Post your aftermarket wheel/tire set up

GoldClass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Country flag
How’s the ride on the pro set? Did you do the camber kit as well?
The pro-kit is a progressive spring and also ~1” lowered, this eliminate most of the ‘bouncy’ (floaty) characteristic of the OE spring. Immediately can feel the ride is planted on the tarmac and yet it absorbs the impact in progressive action. Since the tyre is 235/40, it is slightly less ‘cushion’ than 215/50 (as the tyre wall is reduced). Wheel alignment is required as the ride is now dropped and I just want to make sure the wheels sit within the spec. No camber as it is still within the wheel alignment target (beside the wheel offset).
Sponsored

Last edited:

Zodd

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic sport 1.5t 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
u guy have it simple... u can all do this home, here in europe it is crazy to change springs, springs or coilovers must have TUV that is certificate that manufacturer must get it is like quality standard and all parts must get tested if they are roadworthy and safe... so manufactuter can even sell items, then when you purchase springs with TUW, a cerfitied mechanic shop must do the instal, you need to do alignment and get papers (alignment shop must be certified) then you do appointment at Homologation process, and you drive your car there so professional check all the numbers on springs, and ride height, tire must not poke out of wheel arches and so on, you leave there papers from spring manufacturer (TUV), alignment papers and installation shop, if everything is ok, you get modification written in homologation papers so you can show to cops everything is ok... this process goes for every single mod on car... thats why you dont see wings and stuff like that in europe...

without all this if you get pulled over, car gets towed and so on ;)

like engine swap is impossible to do legaly, only engines that car had from factory, like you could do 1.0turbo and 1.5t swap
or 2.0 diesel and that is it, no LS engines here in cars :p

GoldClass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Country flag

Zodd

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic sport 1.5t 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
winter tyre and rims setup, dunlop wintersport 5 235/45/17 (that is size we get in europe) not 18"
i will report how they compare to continental winter contact 860TS when i change with summer setup, legal deadline is 15.11 to 15.3, to use winter tyres here.
dunlop is around 30$ cheaper than conti but in tests they are similar performance, so let see when temperature drop :)

i always use 2 sets of rims for winter/summer and i change tyres myself so i properly grease and clean wheelhub and nuts
before installation and use correct tightening force (many shops do not :( ) in spring i also do cleaning of wheelarches of any dirt and salt leftovers from winter... i will also raise the car by 0.8inch (coilovers) for winter
Honda Civic 10th gen Post your aftermarket wheel/tire set up c_oc=AQnLRyX3iZ9LZDUmulUVhxBaP3-nhzlxeIsQL52UN6znonCCz3JaJLBK4Yr-NJ4hjag&_nc_ht=scontent.flju1-1

MrCivicHatch12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
What are some pretty good tires for daily driving?
I was looking at the Yokohama Advan Sport A/S and the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500? What other tires would you recommend? I live in California so there will be no snow weather

SonicBreezerST160

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sonic Gray Pearl ST Hatchback
Country flag
What are some pretty good tires for daily driving?
I was looking at the Yokohama Advan Sport A/S and the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500? What other tires would you recommend? I live in California so there will be no snow weather
IMHO, the Yokohama's are better all around tires. I've had both.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What if it was like a 50 dollar difference?
Yokohamas are goin for $585 where as the Firehawks are goin for $532

Can you tell the difference between the two?
Indy 500 all day long. You can drive these summer tires year long here. Just don’t drive them on the snow or near freezing temp.

SonicBreezerST160

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sonic Gray Pearl ST Hatchback
Country flag
Indy 500 all day long. You can drive these summer tires year long here. Just don’t drive them on the snow or near freezing temp.
I strongly disagree. The Firehawks seem to be a little squirmy unless it's pretty hot outside. Maybe for track use I'd prefer them, but up here in Washington, the Yoko's are a much better choice.