First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Si Sedan 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes rubbing on aggressive cornering. I ended up having my fenders shaved a couple mm instead of rolling as well as filed down the side marker. If you are not driving the car aggressively then you will be fine.
wondering if an offset of 45 would be any different then???
it's not much, but if a slight shave of the fender helped, then another 5mm would help then too, eh?
Sponsored

SCcanyoncrvr

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
wondering if an offset of 45 would be any different then???
it's not much, but if a slight shave of the fender helped, then another 5mm would help then too, eh?
45mm you should be fine. If I could do it all over again I would go with a 255/35.

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@gtman I think you can get away with a clean looking setup without lowering. 17's (which i run) look "off" at stock height, so 18's at +45 are your best bet. Not sure how wide you want to go or the style for that matter but 9" (imo) gives you more room to have a bigger tire to fit the wheel gap w/o having to go so tall. Not to mention more contact patch with a 9" wheel able to hold a wider tire. 255/35's are squared with 9" wheels and a side wall of 3.5"... 255/40's will have a side wall of 4.01". The overall diameter of an SI's stock setup is 645mm and with the 255/40's 18x9 +45 your overall diameter is 661mm. Since you have the non SI and is slightly higher, the extra 16mm might look more like a sporty conservative OEM. I think its mostly in the wheel selection to help dictate the size tire and look you want to achieve.

Tkay

First Name
Tina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatchback sport
Country flag
View attachment 157360
Thanks guys, much appreciated!
Any rubbing for either of you guys?
@SCcanyoncrvr , what's your offset?
And @Tkay , what's that fake vent mod thing you have going???
They’re functional bumper vents from Top1 motors. There isn’t much rubbing unless I take corners hard or hit big dips. I think I’ll be rolling the back fenders later.

AJ28

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2017
Country flag
Hey guys, I have a quick question! I'll be running 18x9.5 +40 on 255/35/18 on Eibach Pro kit. Will it rub?? thanks in advance fellas.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Civic Si 2017 (Florida)
ProKit
Rpf1 17X9
for questions hit me up on IG: cgpp007
car.jpg
Looks good. I know most people say 17's look too small but the benefits of smaller/lighter are pretty big.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks good. I know most people say 17's look too small but the benefits of smaller/lighter are pretty big.
Yep. Those wheels are around 17 lbs each. OP will notice an improved acceleration and slightly more NVH. The combo looks great on the Si. Ahh.. . the CTR seats bolted right on, just as I thought before.

2CAMS

First Name
CP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2017
Country flag
that is correct, I get a lot of hate 1 because they are rpf1, and two because of the size,
Yep. Those wheels are around 17 lbs each. OP will notice an improved acceleration and slightly more NVH. The combo looks great on the Si. Ahh.. . the CTR seats bolted right on, just as I thought before.
yes, the harness its a bit tricky, but nothing crazy
Sponsored